“Great place but better if more centrally located!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka

Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka
Ranked #5 of 296 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Sydney
“Great place but better if more centrally located!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Booked a 1 bedroom deluxe room on higher level room for 3 nights stay. The room was great with decent kitchen utilities, fridge, microwave and best of all the washing machine! You also get the washing detergent complimentary in the deluxe suite and 2 water bottles each day if you request for daily cleaning. However, felt there was a smell from the sofa lounge and could have done with better clean. The location from Osaka Namba was at least 10mins walk and it was not easy to find the first time. For those that don't t like walking and especially it was super hot in Osaka around 30C-35C during the time, it made the walk to Dotonbori difficult which was about 15mins away. Would suggest another place that is more closer to the JR. We also received breakfast vouchers, however was disappointed with the meals and opted to buy our own breakfast instead.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank HappyTravellerSF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
malang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stay for 3 night at 1 bedroom apartment. The room is very big, with complete facility. Location of the hotel is near Nankai namba station, so easy to find this hotel, just follow the direction @ Fraser residence website. Near with Mc Donald, Yoshinoya and ramen restaurant. But you need a little bit far if you want go to dotombori.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tomluvme
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Though the location is a bit of a walk to our designated train stop, the JR-Namba Station I'd say the location overall is good considering its right in front of Namba Walk - a nice and complete shopping centre. And behind the Namba Walk is a huge Takashimaya Department Store, then behind the departments store is the famous Shinsaibashi shopping arcade where Minami and Dotonburi are located as well.

The room is more compact than the one in Seoul but still big by Japanese standards. The room is clean, the design is contemporary and the rate is very reasonable.

The staff and service are great except for the manager of hotel owned restaurant on the ground floor, who shooed us away for standing in front of the restaurant. We were guests of the hotel for heaven's sake! He and a rude waiter I don't recall in which city, were the only bad people I encountered in our 2 week stay in Japan - sadly. Otherwise, everyone is either friendly or minds their own business.

Don't miss the Ippudo Ramen in front of the hotel, the Okonomiyaki vendor at the corner as well as the line of restaurants on the main road underneath the freeway.

If not for that restaurant employee I would say our stay would have been perfect. But then again that incident is not a reflection of the hotel nor the country.

Whenever I go abroad, I will definitely look for a Fraser Place Hotel first and foremost. Osaka was great and so was Fraser Place! See you again soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We were a party with older teenagers and we originally tried to book a two bedroomed apartment but they were all full so we booked a studio appartment for the girls and a one bedroomed apartment for us so that we would have a lounge area.

It worked out fantastically, we were given two apartments next to each other and the lounge in the one bedroomed apartment was large enough for us to all sit down and have coffee whilst planning our day.

I cannot fault the facilities in the flat, we had all the cooking equipment you could need and a washing machine (one in each flat!) which meant we could continue our journey with a fresh set of clothes.

Breakfast was included in the price and there were a number of choices of breakfast tray and then lots of coffee, tea and fruit juice to go with it. You could have a Japanese breakfast, a pancake breakfast, or a "healthy" breakfast with cornflakes, fruit and yoghurt. I must admit that after 10 days in japan cornflakes tasted great!

The location of the apartment couldn't be better and yet there is no traffic noise in the rooms at all.

We only stayed 4 nights but if you were staying in Osaka longer, for business etc, I would definately chose this place. The size of the apartments means that you could be very comfortable staying here for a few weeks at a time.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Deliberately decided on Osaka as my 1st ever trip to Japan instead of Tokyo and it was love at 1st stay. My fiancé & i planned the trip over a long weekend (3N/4D) and we think it was just about enough to properly explore the city. Would have loved to spend some time in Kyoto time permitting but alas..

The hotel is a stone's throw away from Namba Nankai train station and getting there from Osaka airport is as easy as it gets. We stayed in the Deluxe bedroom with a separate living area and was a decent size considering everything we've heard re small hotel rooms in Japan. Spotless and comfortable we admittedly did not spend too much time indoors as Osaka is an amazingly wonderful "walking" city.

Japanese people are super obliging and even though the language barrier can be a slight problem sometimes, they will go out of their way to help you regardless. We asked a store worker for directions and since she doesn't speak english, excused herself from the shop manager to walk us to where we needed to go. And a chef came out of his kitchen to go through the menu with us while making "mooo" sounds for beef & clucking sounds for chicken dishes! Truly an amazing people.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Osaka primarily because of the culture, the people, amazing food, awesome shopping and Fraser Residence provided a perfect home away from home to round off a truly unforgettable trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was the second time I stayed in Fraser Osaka. The main reasons why I stayed there were: 1. Good location – just by Namba Station (JR/Metro/Kintetsu) which is a city hub, and close to many interest places such as Shinsaibashi, Tsutenkaku Tower, Kuromon Market etc. You can easily take train/metro or walk to these places or other cities. 2. Good value – as I stayed in Osaka for more than a week, a service apartment is much more valuable than hotel. There’s refrigerator, micro wave oven, wash machine and a small kitchen in the room, which can help save a lot time and money. Also, the room is huge including bedroom, wardrobe, dining room and bathroom with bath tub, just like a real apartment.

The staff are very polite and helpful as most of the Japanese hotels. But maybe because they don’t have actual Concierge, when I sent them email to ask for help on making reservations for several restaurants, they seemed not so familiar with Michelin ones, comparing to the other hotel where I stayed in other city. However, I understand it’s reasonable.

Something I’m not so satisfied about Fraser: 1. I stayed in Osaka then left to another city, then back to Osaka again, in the first time I was there, the AC in my room was very noisy. They should focus more on their facility maintain. 2. I wonder if they have an out-source HSKP which is quite possible for a service apartment. Have to say the HSKP is quite disappointing every time I stayed there. Look like they don’t have a standard guide, every day when HSKP refill my amenities in the bath room, I can always find something missing. They forgot to give me shower cap twice, and there is hair left in the bath tub one day… it’s acceptable maybe for some people, but thinking of it’s a 4-star and the high quality of Japanese service, I’d suggest they’d better look for some better supplier…

They provide breakfast in 2 different places, one is open till 11am which very cool for some one like me who's always sleepy ;)

Overall, the hotel is very nice. Good location, good value, nice staff, good room. I’ll staill stay with Fraser as when I go to Osaka.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jojo_ZH
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Though with the expectations that rooms in Japan are all small, the Fraser Residence in Osaka does beat our expectations by not only the efficient use of space but also the great location right next to the Nankai station and convenience to supermarkets, shops, restaurant, and all kinds of entertainment all within a few stops of subway ride. Needless to say the friendly staff and most importantly - English language communication.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family