“An immaculate meal”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Booked through the concierge of Swissotel Osaka, I managed to pay a visit to Fujiya 1935 with high expectations after reading its comments in different blogs.

We were given a menu that lists the dishes so we could know what we were dinning. Overall the food is utterly great that to me there were not any misses in each dish from the first course of soup, bread of truffe (WOW!!), main dish pigeon to the dessert dishes. It is surely one of the best dinning experience so far.

Service is warmly good and impressive. Chef sometimes showed up and helped serving the dishes to diners.

If diners comments and feedbacks are useful and crucial to the ones who are interested in trying this restaurant, I definitely recommend you to try Fujiya 1935. The menu is totally good at such price (not expensive at all when it comes to a 3-star restaurant) and this restaurant deserves high acclaim.

3  Thank Felix1124

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Not wanting to miss out on one of the most affordable 3 star Michelin restaurants in Japan, I made my booking 2 months in advance. Actually, I had been trying to get into their online booking but it simply would not grant me any access. Eventually, it was a phone call that did the job.

The place was relatively easy to get to. They settle you down nicely with a warm drink before bringing you up to the dining area. We had a 7 course lunch and each dish did not fail to surprise. There was always some creative touches to a simple food such as potato, bread and even chestnuts! For instance, the potato had something else attached to it that makes it crunchy. The bread we had uses chestnut and was very fluffy. The chestnut came in a box containing the scent of autumn! Every dish was delicious and a visual treat.

Desserts are my favorite items. Here at fujiya, you don't just get one type of dessert, you get two! We had a coffee pudding with pear and pear ice cream.

Such a meal is not to be rushed. Do plan for 2.5 hours to savour each course.

1  Thank travelmalady
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I do not mind trying fusion , or east meets west food, on the condition that the chef has a good basic cooking skill. Fujiya is a good choice. The dishes are creative but not over the top. Very enjoyable.

1  Thank GouGouH
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is a charming little restaurant with a warm and friendly atmosphere and equally warm and welcoming staff.

On arrival you are greeted warmly and any items carried are swiftly taken from you and your seated and served a nice cooling drink, allowing you to cool down and relax before being led past the open, well designed and clearly well run kitchen up to the 2nd (US floor numbering) floor restaurant.

We were there for lunch, and the menu, acompanied by wonderfully selected matching wines was served by the friendly and efficient team who were well briefed on the dishes and the wines. The food was excellent, well prepared, well thought out and showcased the freshest local ingredients with the chefs unique flair for blending east and west.

After a wonderful 3 hours we left to friendly farwells from the team, well fed and plesantly watered.

I would highly recommend Fujiya to anyone who appreciated a leisurly lunch in loverly surroundings where you can savour the food and enjoy the fine accompanying wines. We will be back and will try the dinner offering on our next visit to Osaka.

2  Thank AnthonyW888
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was lucky to get a lunch appointment with only 2 weeks in advance. At JPY 6,500 p.p. for the fix menu this is a great bargain. The food was outstanding with a nice mix of Japanese ingredients and some molecular touches. The portions are small but with the many dishes, my appetite was easily satisfied. Service was outstanding with each chef coming out and explaining a dish. I also like that the open kitchen one floor below the dining room, where you can see the restaurant gave opportunities to some female chefs.

2  Thank HKFoodie