“poor location”

Toyoko Inn Shin-Osaka-eki Higashi-guchi
Ranked #184 of 354 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was so surprise with the check in and check out time, check in at 16:00 and check out at 10:00.... And the location, quite far away from the station... It is just a very simple and basic inn....nothing much to shout about...the breakfast is below ok...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yiihwa82

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Disclaimer: I have a membership with this chain of hotels, which you can get for a few dollars, and it makes the rates cheaper.

I spent about 4 nights here after my student exchange, as a base for my holidaying around Osaka before flying back to Australia. One of the first issues I faced was that there were at least 3 Toyoko inn in the area, so despite the fact that I took a cab, I was taken to the wrong location. So, just be aware of this when you are travelling to the location. if in doubt, pull out a map.

Since I first stayed in Toyoko inn back in Tokyo, I have fallen in love with this chain of hotels. No matter where you go, the look of the rooms stay the same. It is a little cosy, but it has never bothered me. There's enough room for everything.

The Good:

- Free Breakfast: while every hotel does have free breakfast, they each do it slightly differently. This particular one comes with stir fried noodles on one of the days I was there. It was absolutely fantastic and delicious. They serve in small portions at a go, to ensure we get warm, fresh food. Lovely staffs!

The only thing that ruined my appetite were the self entitled people I sat next to who complained about the lack of seats and the fact that they had to wait between serves.

- Very Polite staffs: I was very late for my check-in. a quick phone call resolved this, thankfully. and then, my flight turned out to be late. They said I would be charged 1000 yen each hour, but could only hold my room till 12pm. However, when I said the main issue is my luggage, they offer to hold my luggage for me till whenever the flight leaves! How wonderful are these people?

Further to that, the cleaners were really helpful when I slept in and then decided to stay in. They said I could tell them when I was ready for them to clean.

- Eco Plan: as in most stays, I chose the eco plan. I am largely a clean person, so using the eco plan lowered my nightly rates and therefor kept costs down.

- Central location: It's at shin osaka area, about 12 minutes walk from the train station. There is a TON of food at the train station! The only thing is that the nearest convenience store is also 12 minutes away.

- the room was very neat and clean when I turned up and after every clean out.

The Average: If you're looking for a wonderous view, this is not the place to be. surrounded by tall buildings, you are unlikely to get much of a view.

Smokers: This is something that can't be helped by them really. I was put near some rooms where it's a "smoking room". as such, i sometimes get a waft of their stench. I am an asthmatic and it really gets to me when I smell smoke.

Room Tip: Stuck between buildings, there isn't much of a view really. Corner rooms usually have bigger bat...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

If you are to travel all day and take rest.. this place is best.. it has all the amenities and provide a good breakfast. What i loved is the courier facility they offer.. i had to deliver a package to tokyo and toyoko inn delivered it in the next day itself..

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prasanth_Gulfu
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Toyoko Inn is a reliable hotel chain, with consistent operations and rooms. You will get a reasonably-priced, small, clean, comfortable room in a convenient location. This location is a few blocks from the large Shin-Osaka station, the best train station in all Japan, in my opinion. :) The Toyoko Inn offers hands-down the very best complimentary hotel breakfast in the world. Japanese food that changes both every day and sometimes as the breakfast time progresses. There is little to see or do in the area, but if business brings you here, as it did me, this is a great hotel.

Toyoko Inn offers a membership program, and if you will stay at Toyokos enough to make it worthwhile, the card makes check-in a breeze.

Room Tip: The Toyoko Inn web site offers diagrams of the different room layouts. They are as small as they loo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Firstly, the Japanese breakfast is great. They change the menu everyday and only repeat weekly. Yes, we stayed for more than a week. The Deluxe Twin room sleeps 4 adults and it is exactly as shown in the hotel webpage photos. There amenities provided in the hotel are at the front desk, including pajamas, water cooler and coffee. Laptops at lobby with printer. Wifi is available free in rooms. There are also 2 washing machine with dryer, that costs 400-500 yen per 90-130min wash/dry, which we found it very convenient. Should we have known this up front and we would not have to pack many clothes. Staffs speak English and polite. There is vending machine at the lobby too. Family Mart and Shin Osaka station is about 10mins slow walk away from the hotel, with 2-3 pedestrian crossings along the way. It is a quite neighborhood with occasional sirens from passing ambulance as there is a fire station nearby.

Room Tip: Deluxe room has two double beds that can sleep 4 adults
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed at Toyoko Inn's Shin-Osaka location for three days. The twin room was smallish, but clean and comfy enough. Each room has Wi-Fi and for us it worked without issues.

There isn't much to see within a walking distance from the hotel, but the Shin-Osaka railway station is very close by. The room rates were extremely affordable.

All in all I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind walking to the nearby railway station in order to access the many things there are to see in Osaka.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Brand new hotel, so new it wasn't listed here when i stayed! The hotel is located within a short walk of shin-osaka station making it a great place to stay if your planning plenty of daytrips away from osaka. Most people tend to stay in kyoto and travel out from there but due to it's location this is a better choice.

With the hotel being brand new it's as clean and functional as every other toyoko inn. Also wifi is available in all rooms and unlike older hotels you get a electronic key card (touch type) which you take with you and don't hand in each time you leave the hotel.

You are a fair distance from the centre of osaka and i would only recommend this hotel personally if you will be travelling around a lot.

As with all toyoko inns, this is a business hotel !!! it is a no frills, cheap clean hotel which is ideal for those people who intend to be out all day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osaka
Toyoko Inn Hankyu Jusoeki Nishiguchi
Hotel Shin Osaka
Hotel Shin Osaka
#137 of 354 in Osaka
Shin Osaka Washington Hotel Plaza

Been to Toyoko Inn Shin-Osaka-eki Higashi-guchi? Share your experiences!