“Great way to explore new Osaka!”

Book In Advance
and up
Osaka Foodies Walking Tour
Ranked #3 of 58 Tours in Osaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore modern Osaka,its traditional back streets and food. We'll show you what makes Osaka shine! Please see our web site for the details! We Love Osaka tour 3 hour Tour,every Tue,Thu and Sat.(except Aug, 27 Dec to 5 Jan)Meeting place:Osaka Visitors' Information Center Umeda in JR Osaka station ground floor, Meeting time:9:50 AM, No reservation needed. Tour fee adults ¥3000(plus subway fee ¥420)students¥2000 (plus subway fee¥420)children¥1000 (plus subway fee ¥210)Wonder Osaka Tour(6 hour tour,reservation required)Tour fee:From 10000yen per person up to the number of travelers. Chinese,Korean and French guides can be arranged. Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe Private Tours are available. Please contact us!
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I could learn culture, history and local people's life in Osaka. All the information, hidden spots and streets shown in the tuor won't be known on my own, and they made Osaka more attractive to me! Althouth I have been to some of the places, they all seemed to be different and deeper with Akie's guide. Kushi-Katsu we had in the tuor was just gorgeous! I recommend this tuor to all the people who would like to explore the new aspect of Osaka!
我学到大阪文化,历史和当地人的生活。我自己绝对找不到旅行中享受的信息,秘密地方和小路。在旅行中吃的炸串,非常好吃。即使有的地方我去过,但是跟Aki的导游,好像我在走完全陌生的地方,感觉很新鲜。我推荐这旅行给想把大阪从新的角度看的游客。
बहत अच्छा!
大阪の文化、歴史、そして地元の人々の生活が分かる、大変興味深いツアーでした。行ったことのある場所でもあきえさんのガイドを聞くとまた全然別の場所へ来たような感覚さえおぼえました。自分1人では見つけられないような狭い路地や隠れスポットをのぞけて新しい大阪を発見した気分です!だるまの串カツ久々に食べましたが美味でしたー!!とっても楽しかったです!!

1  Thank Julie0730
Allstarosaka, 広報担当マネージャー at All Star Osaka Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for your great review.
We are glad to have a Japanese guest.
Even Osaka is your town, you would discover something new if you are with other foreign guests and a tour guide.
Hope to see you again soon!

OOKINI

素晴らしいレビューをありがとうございます。
日本の方に参加していただけて嬉しいです。
大阪が自分の街だとしても、他の外国人のお客様や、ガイドと巡ると、また違う発見があるんですね!
またお会いできるのを、楽しみにしています。

おおきに
オールスター大阪ウォーク

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable 3 hours with our guide Ian today. Ian spoke excellent English and was very generous with his knowledge of Osaka. We were only a group of four with 2 ladies from Singapore. We were interesting in buying a good Japanese knife so Ian took us to a great shop. It was a great way to get the feel of Osaka in a short space of time.

Allstarosaka, 広報担当マネージャー at All Star Osaka Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you very much for your review.
We hope our guests find many faces of Osaka within 3hours.
We are glad if it was your highlight of Osaka.

Hope to provide our service again in the near future.

OOKINI!

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We are so glad we read the reviews of this walking tour. We did the 3 hour We Love Osaka tour with Aikie and had a fun and informative tour. We walked, looked, oohed and aahed over thousands of delicious cakes, bought some beautiful knives, saw lots of sights we would have missed, got some understanding of the old and new Osaka and sampled some delicious food. What great value! Thanks Aikie

Allstarosaka, 広報担当マネージャー at All Star Osaka Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you so much for your great review!
It was great to hear you had a great time on We love Osaka tour.
As it is a group tour, our guests' positive attitude toward the tour is appreciateed.
Thank you very much for your cooperation!

Ookini!
Hope to see you again in Osaka.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We never planned on taking any tours but I happened to come across All Star Osaka Walk on Tripadvisor while I had some downtime and I contacted them two to three days prior to the actual date of the tour. I'm not generally a fan of organized tours but a private walking tour focused on food caught my attention (and I'm so glad that it did). Irchiro was very accommodating when I mentioned that we were travelling with a JR pass and tailored all the stops to our interests. We started off in the Tsuruhashi market where we first stopped for local home style dishes (which generally are not served in restaurants) then we made a special stop to sample different cuts of toro (sample was an understatement ... we couldn't believe we were getting full and we were only an hour into the tour). From there, we wandered through the market towards our lunch destination. The tour gave an option of okonomiyaki, sushi, bento, udon or teppanyaki - we chose okonomiyaki since it's a local specialty. The restaurant Ichiro took us to was the original location of a famous chain. It was definitely a great introduction to okonomiyaki. After lunch, we took a break from eating as Ichiro took us to a local knife shop for a demonstration. The owner was very gracious and allowed me to try a number of knives (including one of his own). We ended up spending quite a lot of time there but, at the end, I left with some new tools. We ended up skipping the stop for tempura (at my request since I had overstayed our visit at the previous location) and ended up going for Japanese sweets. Overall it was a great way to experience Osaka and I would definitely recommend All Star Osaka Walk. My only recommendation is that they make this an afternoon dinner tour instead of a morning lunch tour (given the amount of food). Thanks again Ichiro!

Thank you very much for your great review!
It was great to hear you had a great time on our foodie tour.
We appreciate your advice about afternoon foodie tour.
We'll keep trying to improve our guiding skills and itinerary to provide a better service to our guests.

Ookini!
Hope to see you again in Osaka.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My girlfriend and I met the charming Minako in our hotel, in the morning. She is an American ex-pat with great bilingual language skills and a very gracious personality. She knows everything and everyone and provides a top quality experience. First took us to the Tsuruhashi market which is a must see in Osaka, and "very deep" as she says. It's a major food venue for proteins, produce and prepared foods, frequented by locals and restauranteurs with both wholesale and retail areas. There is a mini-Korea town there, with more types of Kimchee than you could eat in a lifetime. We liked the crab and dried squid types. There were two wonderful matronly mother types who made delicious prepared foods that they sell wholesale to be bought and used by restaurants--try the Okara. We stopped in an alley outside a tuna monger and had a massive sashimi breakfast of maybe 5 different cuts of tuna, sitting on fold out chairs, dining on top of a styrofoam shipping container-so awesome! The several fish market, while not quite being Tsukiji, have amazing varieties of fish.Stopped at the TowerKnife store for an amazing presentation on Japanese knives. Back to eating at this Coney Island copy, amusement park area filled with biliken statues and great eats. Okonomiyaki and negimaki with yuzu zest and then kushi-katsu with the legendary Lucky Boy proprietor--quite a character. Some tako-yaki at a well known stall finished the main plate eating. Not full yet? Have some sake lees washed cream cheese curds along with the sake at the tasting in the charming, tasting room cellar of this wonderful sake store, where you pour your own samples from 1.8 liter bottles. We were beyond stuffed by the end, but oh so happy and pleased with the gritty, truly foodie, adventure Minako provided.

Allstarosaka, 広報担当マネージャー at All Star Osaka Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you very much for your great review.
We are very glad to hear you enjoyed the tour from biginning to the end.

Hope to serve our service again in the near future.

Ookini