“Overall a fantastic hotel. Minor improvements needed.”
Review of The Westin Osaka

The Westin Osaka
Ranked #20 of 307 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Singapore
“Overall a fantastic hotel. Minor improvements needed.”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

A fantastic hotel with a 15 min interval complimentary shuttle to Osaka Station, and then easily linked to everywhere else.

Hotel is absolutely great! Rooms are nicely furnished and lounge was also fantastic! Worth mentioning is staff like Eri and also Naka who created a lasting impression for me in terms of their service delivery. Bravo!

Needs improvement in terms of their lack of Green Choice program which is the basic Westin CSR program. And allowing Exec Club members to eat at their buffet breakfast instead.

Another point for their Executive Lounge manager to review, a particular employee who checked me in on my arrival at Front Desk who wears a pair of tinted glasses. She seemed cold and aloof. And on my second day she was seen working in the lounge probably due to a rotation, once again she seem to only want to serve "japanese" guests, clearing only their tables and offering them more coffee. But not once did she clear my already full table and ask her twice for more coffee. And i was quite shocked when she gave me a temporary glare and simply asked another staff to do it.

Other than that, a great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ExperienceTeam, Manager at The Westin Osaka, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you very much for your staying at the Westin Osaka for your last visit to Osaka.

Also, thank you very much for your valuable comment.

We are regret to hear about your dissatisfaction about our staff, however, we immediately have shared your comment among our staff and evaluated to improve our services.

Thank you again your stay and comment and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Osaka and the Westin Osaka again.

Sincerely yours,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at westin Osaka from 20 to 22 February 2014 with my family. The hotel is so close to the Osaka station we came out of the station walked across the road with our pulley luggage right into the reception. We were received in traditional Japanese style- Courtesy,courtesy and courtesy, the Japanese are awesome in their etiquette. The room was spacious for Japanese standards. We paid about 50000 yen for the couple of days. The room would have costed not less than Rs 25000 a day in Delhi or Mumbai. The room was very neat the view fantastic with a large window.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your choosing the Westin Osaka for your last vist to Osaka.

We are more than happy to hear about your overall satisfaction of last stay.
We try to continue improving our servise and facility then, your continued patronage would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much and we are looing forward to welcoming you back to Osaka and the

Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

The Westin isnt well located, but does run a free shuttle to and from JR Osaka stn. The last service is at 2200 hours and after that, a taxi is the next best thing.

The hotel is nice, but showing wear and tear. Staff are robotic and very different from the friendly and welcoming attitudes of staff in lesser hotels.

There is certainly an arrogant feel to the place as if they are doing you the favour of coming to work.

NO wifi in the room, only lobby area. LAN available at about $10 a day... dont understand as wifi availabilty covers more compatible devices than LAN? A 5 star hotel with no wifi in the room???

Smoking area is right next to where you line up and wait for the shuttle, so you are passive smoking for 5 or 10 minutes if you dont want to give up your spot in the queue.

On the positive side, bed is lovely and the hotel is quiet.

They also promote something called 'soft water' which services the whole hotel. Apparently its water that has been further filtered of hard chemicals foind in regular tap water... weird as the water leaves your skin almost slimey..

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SoloManAdventures
ExperienceTeam, Manager at The Westin Osaka, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you very much for your choosing the Westin Osaka for your last visit to Osaka.

Also, thank you for your valuable comment.
We are regret to hear about your opinion of negative side.

We would try to improve the points indicated then, your littele while patience would be very much appreciated.

Jakarta
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for only one night. Chose the hotel for the indoor pool and fitness facility. The room is nice, the bed is amazingggg. Had the best sleep in a very very long time. Combination of lack of sleep, comfy bed, jetlag. Went down to concierge to ask for a shabu2 resto. They recoomended their in house shabu2 resto in the hotel. Tried it, super expensive, but I cant lie the quality is there, however it costed me more than my room price. So 2 persons shabu2 is more expensive than a standard room for two persons. The meat was not even the best meat on the menu. Overall great experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your staying at the Westin Osaka.

We are happy to hear about your oveall satisfaction.
We would try to improve our service and facility consecutively then, your continued patronage would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Osaka and the

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here for 1 night before checked out to Sapporo and return to stay here again for final night. Did not receive an upgrade on 1st stay but on 2nd stay got upgraded to Corner Suite. The room is in a weird U shaped with living room in front as you open the door. Then round the corner theres a bedroom. Nevertheless the room offer a nice Osaka city skyline at night. In the morning when thing becomes visible there're huge construction site right in front.

If ones need wifi in room, a router needs to be borrowed from reception. The speed of the wifi is fast though. Breakfast for plat member can be taken at either a restaurant or at club lounge. At a restaurant you can choose to have continental breakfast or pay a little bit more think around JPY 500 for a full buffet breakfast. I suggest to top up and go for this choice. I chose Continental breakfast as I was not hungry. It concisted of 3 pastires, fruit juice and a cup of tea or coffee. On my second stay I went for breakfast at the executive lounge and I found the food to be better but still limited on varieties. It has some hot dishes like an egg, boiled egg, sausages etc. Donut was particularly nice.

The hotel has complimentary shuttle bus which runs on a regular basis (avg every 20 mins) from/to Osaka Station. I found this to be very useful as taxi in Japan is very expensive. The bus came right on a dot and leave on an exact published time.

If I need to return to Osaka and the price isnt much different from St Regis, I will surely stay at St. Regis. If its considerably cheaper then I will stay at Westin again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SPGLovers
ExperienceTeam, Manager at The Westin Osaka, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you very much for your staying at the Westin Osaka.

Also, thank you your valuable comments.
We would share your comments among our staff and utilize them to improve our service and facilies.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Osaka and the Westin Osaka.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel does not let the Westin brand down. Great, spacious room, beautiful spacious bathroom, outstanding cleanliness and a short stroll from the Osaka station. my Wi-Fi hub I got from the reception desk at a cost of Y1,050 per day did not work and after calling reception who responded immediately they eventually found the problem was with the main router in the room and replaced it. They were very apologetic. At checkout when I settled my bill I was told the Wi-Fi was complimentary due to the problem I had when initially using it. Totally not expected but a great gesture. My only complaint here is that to use the gym facilities the charge is very steep, Y4,200 per day! Apart from that an excellent stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Oztravels7
ExperienceTeam, Manager at The Westin Osaka, responded to this review, 30 January 2014

Also, thank you for your valuable comment.

We would continue trying to improve our service and facility including WiFi and Fitness Club as you have indicated then, your continued patronage would be very much appreciated.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Not recently I travelled with my family to Japan when a friend was marrying. As we only needed a place to lay our heads for a short while overnight before a very early connecting flight to Tokyo, we followed a travel agent's advice and stayed at the Westin Osaka. No joke--the 15-20 minute taxi ride from the Osaka airport to the hotel costed $300 one way. I thought it was a crime, so at check-in, I asked the front receptionist to call and book a different return taxi cab in the morning. The return fare was exactly the same price. Even stranger, "only after midnight," masseuses are offered inroom for hotel guests, at an additional price. I've never seen or experienced this in any other hotel or country. The offer was official practice, because the hotel signage confirmed their odd-hours services, like masseuses and in room food service by women in miniskirts. Otherwise, the hotel was standard and fine. We used their main lobby/ bar and lounge, despite a brief overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AnLily

Also, thank you very much for your valuable comment.

We are regrett to hear that your stay was not satisfying in some of the points.
We would evaluate the points you have indicated and try to improve as much as we could.

Thank you again and we are looing forward to welcoming you to Osaka and the Westin Osaka again.