“Another great stay at this hotel”

Hotel New Hankyu Osaka
Ranked #72 of 348 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is the one I usually go to while in Osaka. It is extremely convenient with the location. Airport Limo Bus from Kansai airport bus stop number 5 leaves every 20 minutes and takes approximately 50 minutes to the door of the hotel. Cost for Limo bus is 1550 yen each way but you can get return discount ticket if you use the return within 7 days. New Hankyu is right at the door for railway stations and shopping. Room size is normal for Japan and I have never felt them to be too bad. Hotels are for us only used to sleep in. Staff are always friendly and helpful. This stay I purchased accommodation from their own website was able to get a great deal for advance booking which included breakfast. The buffet breakfast on B1 is probably the best option as the breakfast on the ground floor is a set meal either Japanese style or Western style. We tried both and thought the buffet was much better.

Room Tip: Book through their own website for a good deal including breakfast.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Just-Julie-Cairns
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My room was very small, bathroom was the traditional cubicle Japanese style. For one night, it worked fine. Bus No.5 goes direct from airport to the hotel door. Takes about 1 hour. I didn't have breakfast however I had lunch in the restaurant right to the reception. Good lunch set menu. Good internet in the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne-Christine
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very convenient hotel, although a bit old fashioned, its located perfectly for all transportation needed for travellers. Buffet breakfast is great and offers a wide variety of japanese and western food.
Staff are well trained and helpful. I stayed here 4 yrs ago and will consider living here in the future too.
I got a very good price by booking directly with the hotel. Around 96 USD / night for double room with two buffet breakfast. Amazing !

Room Tip: non smoking room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank prettygirl1
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stay: 25-28 May 2014

Location:
Only couple minutes from Umeda exit on Midosuji Line, which means it is right next to the underground shopping. About 5 minutes underground walk to Hankyu Department Store. Yodabashi, a large department store specialize in electrical goods, is right across the street. Yodobashi also has numbers of restaurant on the high floor (can't remember which floor). From underground you can get to Hanshin, Daimaru and many other store, if you don't get lost as I did many times.

The hotel is also a short walk from many interesting places such as Hep Five and Sky Building, and just about ten minutes on a subway to Shinsaibashi at Daimaru Department Store by Midosuji Line.

The Room:
When we checked in, we had five baggages and there was no one to help us carried them to our room. But we were able to borrow a cart from the lobby and wheel them by oursleves to the room. However, during checking out, a staff did come up to cart the baggages to the lobby.

When I made my first reservation, I thought I have made the reservation directly with the hotel. And there were no triple room available, so I had to reserve a twin and a single room. However, I found out from a reviewer in the Trip Advisor that she had to contact the hotel directly in order to get a triple room. So I e-mail the hotel directly and ask about the triple room. Finally, I was able to get a triple room which look exactly like the picture but may be a little smaller due to the way they took the photograph. I was not able to ask for a non-smoking room. But the room we got did not have any kind of smell.

The room was bigger than the one at Monterey Grasmore Osaka, since that was a twin with an extra bed. However, the bath room is quite smaller.

There were no view from the room. The window of our room faced the window of the other rooms on the opposit wing.

The hotel provided a pillow for each of us, so I ask a maid for three more and they were in our room when we got back on the first night. However, the pillow is a bit too high for my neck.

I did not like the comforter, it made a lot of noise when it got move around. So, almost every time I turn over in my sleep I woke up becuse of the sound. And it fell off the bed all the time.

I think there is an ice machine on every floor. Bucket included !!

Our trash got taken care every day. So did our beds.

The Cost:
I think the rate here is not cheap. At Monterey Grasmere Osaka, a night cost me Yen 17,000 while here it cost me Yen 24,900, within the same time period. However, the room is a little bit bigger. It could be because of the location, business area and close to most of the department stores.

Check in: 15:00
Check out: 12 noon

Another plus for this hotel is that the limousine bus to the airports, both Kansai and Osaka, takes off right behind the hotel every 20 minutes. I don't remember what time it terminate, but you can find out from the net. Since there were three of us, each with a suitcase and a medium size baggage and some shopping bags, it would have been difficult for us to carry all of our belongings to the bus. So it was very nice for one of the hotel staffs to ask us if we need any help. He then help us cart all our bags to the bus stop.

By the way, you can only load two baggages under the bus, have to carry the rest with you onto the bus, and I think they only allow one per person.

I think I will be stay at this hotel again when I go back to Osaka, right before I leave for the airport.

Room Tip: If you want a triple room, contact the hotel directly by e-mail. But the price could be expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Visuth V
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel has one of the best locations anywhere around. There's a huge department store nearby, the subway is really close, and there are a lot of small marts to buy stuff. The service at the front desk was very helpful. The breakfast option had a lot of variety and I was pleased by that.
The main problem I had was the room itself. I came here with my dad and I expected adequate space at least for both of us to walk around. That was not the case, the room itself was extremely pricey and very small. Wherever you place your luggage, it was always going to be blocking something. In the past when I came to Japan, I always marveled at the quality rooms they offered and at approximately the same price. This took to a whole new low. Also, they don't offer a free complimentary dinner anymore, but I wasn't too bothered by that. The main point here is that aside from the service and food, the room is extremely small and well not worth the price.
Another downside was that they placed us at the end of the hallway which was a huge minus.

Room Tip: Don't choose this, there are others that are cheaper and have better rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank johnlin184
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I have been to this hotel for countless times for business trip. It hasn't change much from my first visit in 2001.
This hotel is within the Umeda Main Station complex. The airport limousine coach stops also just in front of the hotel lobby. Very convinient for travellers!
Surrounded by shopping malls, cafes, and everything you need are within reach.
But as a typical business city hotel, the room is very small and the breakfast is at additional cost. But rest assured.that the room is very clean & the service is great. Quick check in and check out.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ellahairon
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I decided to stay in this hotel again since the location is just unbeatable with airport limousine stopping right in front of the hotel and within close proximity to all transport and shopping. Three years ago, I thought the room was small but acceptable. But this time, I am sure they have renovated and making the size of two rooms into three rooms. There is no information on the website (English at least) regarding the room sizes or floor plan. If I knew, I would have booked a bigger room or chose another hotel. There is no concierge service but the staff are friendly enough. Buffet breakfast quality was not as good as last trip in terms of the Japanese food provided, western style was the same. The only thing is you would have wished they do change a little in menu over the week. All in all, I would say it is a great hotel for location but I would think twice before staying again.

Room Tip: Do not choose the econo twin unless all you want is just a sleep. But make sure you ask your travel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family