Was there from 29 Jan 2014 - 1 Feb 2014. 3 nights stay.
Good Stuff for this hotel:
1. Staff were all generally friendly and helpful. At the concierge, a French guy i think called Mr Purtin helped me with the maps and area i wanted to go and was detailed in his assistance.
2. Room was clean.
3. Hotel is very near to the subway station while not connected to it.
4. Hotel is near the shinbaishin area where shopping and food abounds.
5. Check out is at 12noon. (Most and quite some are 11am if i am not wrong)
6. Basic amenities provided are sufficient. Shower gel, shampoo, conditioner are in generous amounts.
7. Recept check-in area, staff standard of English is from mid to good level and hence making the check-in a breeze.
8. Check-out was a breeze too - waited for barely less than 5minutes.
9. Security level seem ok.
Not so good stuff about hotel:
1. Room is really small. So if there are 2 persons for a room, you will find walking around very squeezy and no space for your luggage. For a one person, it was still manageable though feels a bit tight and luiggage still have to use some imagination to place it properly. The luggage holder provided is only about 1feet X 1 feet, cannot hold a luggage well.
2. Sound proofing for room is way below par but not sure if this is the standard for Japan hotel as another hotel also had the same issue. Could hear people talking along the walkway most times.
3. I booked a double room for myself and they only had one bath towel, one hand towel. Usually is two each so one can rotate to use them when necessary.
For the price, think the hotel is still ok. However, on my next trip, i will probably try another cheaper hotel nearby so that location is not compromised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Nikko Osaka faces the main avenue, Midosuji and is directly connected to Subway Shinsaibashi Station. The hotel stands as the landmark of Osaka's central area, Minami, where you will find popular places such as Dotonbori, shopping districts, brand-name shops,Amerika mura,Donkihote, Universal Studios Japan (R) etc. The location is also convenient for access to Kyoto,Kobe and Nara. At Hotel Nikko Osaka you will find restaurants and lounges that allow you to enjoy the changing colors of gingko trees lining Midosuji Avenue throughout the different seasons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rakuten, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, JAPANiCAN, KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Nikko Osaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.