“Spacious Room & Pretty Yukata provided”

Hyatt Regency Osaka
Ranked #21 of 322 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Hotel located at Osaka bay area next to the convention centre. Quiet place to stay at. A distance away from the Osaka city are. No shopping or night activity. Room was spacious. But kettle was dirty with sand stuck inside and called the hotel staff to change. They did not understand English and send a hotel concierge to assist. But the reply was there's no more extra kettle. In the end, at 1am, we went to the opposite Lawson to buy mineral water.

B'fast had very limited choices. Hot item like the spagetti with fresh prawn sell out very fast. Most ppl just take the prawn and left the noodles untouch. Only manage to eat 1 prawn with the spagetti. Tried a 2nd round but as there's still a lot of noodles but no prawn.

It's a 5 min walk from hotel lobby to lift lobby. Didn't notice any sign provided. Just follow blindly and luckily we were in the correct direction. Hotel should provide signboard or inform hotel guest the lift lobby direction during check in.

• Stayed: April 2010
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Osaka

Reviewed 14 May 2010

Spacious and comfortable rooms. The only draw back was the location. No good restaurants close by so I had to order room service. The hotel restaurant was above average compared to other hotel restaurants. Good selection for the breakfast buffet. Oh I was VERY disappointed that there was a fee to use the pool. Awesome night time view at the bar on the top floor. As soon as I walked in the door, the staff was extremely helpful and courteous. All spoke English.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank MCinAustin
Reviewed 25 April 2010

i was off during february from college when my family and i decided to spend a vacation in japan. i had stayed there in hyatt regency osaka just for a day, but, to add to my wonderful experiences in japan, hyatt regency contributed largely to a comfortable stay and an unforgettable trip!
The hotel is beautifully maintained with a highly friendly, professional and efficient staff. I still remember to this day their vibrant smiles and their greetings. Its amazing how simple gestures like that can brighten up one's day and they certainly did. I would especially like to pass my compliments to the incredibly helpful and friendly Nepalese doorman who helped us get shuttles to the metro station everytime we needed it. While waiting for the shuttle, he would always engage us in conversation telling us about the city and the places to visit. Thanks to him really, we made the best possible use of our time there.
Room service was excellent as well. Everything was brought to us on time and tidied up just as efficiently. The complimentary yukatas offered to us were very comfortable and of great quality as well.
The location of the hotel was perhaps the only downside to our stay there as it was quite far from the city centre and the sights to see in Osaka, with the exception of the bay area. However, that being said, it was the location of the hotel that allowed us to have a peaceful sleep and a magnificent panoramic view of the Osaka skyline and the bay area.
Breakfast and restaurant quality was a lot higher and grander than I had initially expected and its quality was on par with that of Grand Hyatt despite this being Hyatt Regency.
Even as I was checking out with my family, each member of the team as it is customary for the Japanese, gave us a smile and a bow and a thank you for giving them the chance to enjoy their hospitality. Such level of professionalism, even though it is tradition there, deeply impressed me and truly made my experience one of a kind. I would certainly recommend this hotel to everyone I know whether they are in Osaka for business or for leisure.
I have nothing more to add except my support and my congratulations and good wishes to each member of the Hyatt Regency Osaka Team! Please keep up the amazing work and thank you!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bshray
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We were traveling on a budget so staying in a Hyatt hotel was not in our minds. But we stayed in the standard room for 12000yen per night which was good considering that we paid the same price for fair ryokan in Tokyo and Kyoto. The room is very "businessy" and modern, and had a great view of the harbor. But we didn't realize that it was far from the center. They provide a shuttle service to the closest subway station every half hour, but if you're having a night out, get ready for an expensive cab ride back to the hotel. If you're on a tight budget don't even consider taking any meals or drinks in the hotel as it was ridiculously overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We stayed at the Harbour View Recengy Club room. Room was quite old and tired. We used once the room service and that was fine. Regency Club was very tired and need to renewal quickly. At the lounge japanise people behaved very funny. They took everything (I really mean everything) from the evening buffet to their tables, but they never eat that food. Strange.

After all Osaka itself is nice city and great place to visit for a few days, but stay away from the Hyatt. If I ever will be at the Osaka again, I’ll go to Ritz-Carlton or Hilton.

Photos and more hotel reviews at my travel blog: http://petterikukkonen.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/hyatt-regency-osaka-osaka-japan/

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2010

The hotel is very nice and confortable but what impressed me the most is the service. Even some of them cant speak engliah very well, they treied so hard to make us feel most comfortable :)

Hope to visit there again so soon

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Because my travel partner is a Hyatt diamond member, we got upgraded to a suite and had access to the Regency Lounge.

Location: Unless you are there for a convention, this hotel is really far away from the center (Nanba, Umeda, Kitashinchi, etc.) They have a shuttle to the Umeda station area every half hour but the shuttle itself takes about 30 minutes. If you stay out late be prepare for an expensive taxi ride, I think about $50-60 USD. We didn't go anywhere near the hotel so I'm not sure what's around there, but it looks like they might have some sort of a mall in the vicinity.

Service: Generally very good - professional, helpful, friendly. The staff on the Regency Club were excellent across the board.

Food: The breakfast at the Regency Club was limited but very high quality. The pastries were excellent. They can also make you eggs but the continental selections were more than good enough for me. The hor d'oeuvre during cocktail hours were really good. If it wasn't for the great restaurants in Osaka that we want to eat in, we could have been fine with that.

Gym/Pool: Gym is clean, but very basic in terms of equipment beyond the cardio machines. I think there's a sauna and steam in the locker room. It looks nice and clean. The pool also looks nice.

Room: I'm not sure if our room is the standard, it's on the club floor. It's a good size for Japan, around 400 sqft. Standard Hyatt decor, which is nice and simple, nothing extravagant or memorable, but very elegant and clean lines. Bathroom is large and very nice - has all the amenities you expected.

Overall, very nice hotel but not very convenient location. However, if the rate is good (vs. the hotels of similar class in town), you might want to consider this hotel. Just remember to add the taxi fares if you plan to stay out late (after 11pm).

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple