“Queing is very long”

Ranked #2 of 1,168 things to do in Osaka
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This extremely popular theme park is equivalent to the Universal Studios in Hollywood and Orlando, and features shows, rides and restaurants based on famous movie themes, like Jaws, Back to the Future and Terminator.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

even we have queing for one hour to buy a drink in fending machine. from 10 am to 20 pm, we only can play 3 things. the free pass for express line already finish when we buy a ticket.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,290)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was a disappointment from start to finish. After spending 4 amazing days in Disney, we were hoping that Universal would be amazing too. We started off arriving at the park at 8.30am, hoping to buy tickets and then be able to queue for the park opening at 10am. This was not the case, there were huge queues, it took us 2 hours to get tickets, by this time all of the express tickets were sold out, we then had to queue to get into the park. I have a disability so I was given an access support card. This was where I was given a time (the length of the queue) but I am able to sit out of the queue until the time allocated where I then can go on the ride. I waited over 10 minutes to a member of staff to sign the card then the member of staff refused to sign it and then totally ignored us and signed other peoples card. Eventually we were given a time and waited 2 hours to go onto the ride. I asked for a locker (these were available) to put my camera, video camera and bag in. I was told there was no need and to take them on the ride (Hollywood Dream). When we were just about to board the ride we were told to leave out cameras at the side of the ride, this was not very secure so I asked why we were refused a locker. I asked if my husband could go on first, so I could hold the cameras etc, and then do a swap. One of the staff members agreed and my husband got onto the ride. They first insisted we emptied all of our pockets in-front of the members of staff as they didn’t believe they were empty (this was totally unreasonable and rude). Anyway, my husband got on the ride as I waited but the ride didn’t go. It was a good 15 mins and the ride still hadn’t started. My husband was then asked to leave the ride, this was after he had his belt on and checked. I them asked to see a manager. A male member of staff then agreed we could have a locker, and to our surprise, they were all empty! The staff members that were manning the lockers had gone and no one was able to use them. We got a locker and went on the ride, altogether it took 3.5 hours. This was our first ride of the day! We then thought we would go on Spiderman – the queue – 5 hours long! So we went for lunch. Again over an hours queue and then we were served the large drinks and they were half full, when we asked why, they said without ice it is the parks policy to serve drinks half full, even after complaining we were told this is what they did. So after that we bought bottles, which without ice, were full! The park was a total disorganised mess and they treated non Japanese with a total lack of respect and many times were rude and ignorant. We put a complaint in to the customer services team but it made no difference. This park was the total opposite of the Disneyland and DisneySea that were well run, had amazingly kind staff who were always willing to help. I would not recommend this park and I will certainly never go again. I will visit Japan but will stay away from Universal.

15  Thank book_yourself
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Although Universal Studio is closer for us, Universal Studio Osaka is still better than Singapore :-) Osaka is bigger and has more rides and attractions compared to Singapore. My two teenage boys love Universal Studio Osaka despite the long queuing during the day. We were fortunate that we arrive here quite early in the morning .......

4  Thank Octovianus G
Reviewed 15 November 2013

There are twilight tickets available in November when I was there though not sure if they are available throughout the year. It costs 4900 yen for adults & admission is 3 pm. Normal ticket costs 6600 yen. Kids twilight ticket is around 2000+.yen. Closing time for the park is 8 pm. Good for family with young kids who cannot stay in the park for the whole day due to the cold weather, etc.

4  Thank S Z
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Tokyo have Disney-land and Osaka have Universal Studio. The rides are amazing, if you are tourist with kids like me than please don't forgot to take Fast-Pass to skip the big line. I have 2 kids 5 yrs and 2.8yrs, They enjoyed all the ride which made my every $$$ worth while. its less crowded in compare with Tokyo Disneyland. Its not too far from Osaka I paid approx 3000Yen Taxi. Public transport is easily available using JR Pass

Good Luck