“Not Bad.”

Ranked #3 of 930 things to do in Osaka
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This extremely popular theme park is equivalent to the Universal Studios in Hollywood and Orlando, and features shows, rides and restaurants based on famous movie themes, like Jaws, Back to the Future and Terminator.
Osaka, Japan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not Bad.”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Pretty good. The park itself was pretty fun and the restaurants and rides were great. The only detractor were the weird street performers around the station. Made me feel very uncomfortable.

Visited August 2013

• Vietnamese first
SF
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great if you pay for the express pass”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

At the time I wrote this it was 6600 yen to get in (about $66). The day before I went a friend told me to by the express pass which is another 5600 yen (about $56). The express pass gives you 7 tickets that let you skip the lines to all the major attractions. On the one hand it seems like scam that I've already paid $66 to get in and they want another $56 to make it fun but after whatever, I figured I'd probably never visit again so might as well. It was awesome! It was so much more fun not having to wait more than 5 minutes for just about any attraction. Note: You can must buy the express passbooks at least 2 days in advance or at the park. There are a limited number of them so they sell out. We didn't know until the day before so we had to queue to get the booklet which was about 30 minutes. 3 of us went into the park and just one of us waited that 30 minutes so not too bad but we would have gotten them earlier if we had known.

As for a 4 vs a 5. It was fun. The roller coster was great. The Spiderman ride is great. The Space Fantasy ride was cool (not sure what movie that's supposed to be). On the other hand Backdraft is a 22yr old and mostly forgotten movie. Terminator 2 3D is a good show but it's also 22 years old. Jurassic Park is 20yrs old. I guess it just kind of feels dated. They're still good rides. Apparently they are building a Harry Potter area.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank greggman
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Queing is very long”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

even we have queing for one hour to buy a drink in fending machine. from 10 am to 20 pm, we only can play 3 things. the free pass for express line already finish when we buy a ticket.

Visited October 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“disappointing”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was a disappointment from start to finish. After spending 4 amazing days in Disney, we were hoping that Universal would be amazing too. We started off arriving at the park at 8.30am, hoping to buy tickets and then be able to queue for the park opening at 10am. This was not the case, there were huge queues, it took us 2 hours to get tickets, by this time all of the express tickets were sold out, we then had to queue to get into the park. I have a disability so I was given an access support card. This was where I was given a time (the length of the queue) but I am able to sit out of the queue until the time allocated where I then can go on the ride. I waited over 10 minutes to a member of staff to sign the card then the member of staff refused to sign it and then totally ignored us and signed other peoples card. Eventually we were given a time and waited 2 hours to go onto the ride. I asked for a locker (these were available) to put my camera, video camera and bag in. I was told there was no need and to take them on the ride (Hollywood Dream). When we were just about to board the ride we were told to leave out cameras at the side of the ride, this was not very secure so I asked why we were refused a locker. I asked if my husband could go on first, so I could hold the cameras etc, and then do a swap. One of the staff members agreed and my husband got onto the ride. They first insisted we emptied all of our pockets in-front of the members of staff as they didn’t believe they were empty (this was totally unreasonable and rude). Anyway, my husband got on the ride as I waited but the ride didn’t go. It was a good 15 mins and the ride still hadn’t started. My husband was then asked to leave the ride, this was after he had his belt on and checked. I them asked to see a manager. A male member of staff then agreed we could have a locker, and to our surprise, they were all empty! The staff members that were manning the lockers had gone and no one was able to use them. We got a locker and went on the ride, altogether it took 3.5 hours. This was our first ride of the day! We then thought we would go on Spiderman – the queue – 5 hours long! So we went for lunch. Again over an hours queue and then we were served the large drinks and they were half full, when we asked why, they said without ice it is the parks policy to serve drinks half full, even after complaining we were told this is what they did. So after that we bought bottles, which without ice, were full! The park was a total disorganised mess and they treated non Japanese with a total lack of respect and many times were rude and ignorant. We put a complaint in to the customer services team but it made no difference. This park was the total opposite of the Disneyland and DisneySea that were well run, had amazingly kind staff who were always willing to help. I would not recommend this park and I will certainly never go again. I will visit Japan but will stay away from Universal.

Visited August 2013
15 Thank book_yourself
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Amazing and better than Singapore .......”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Although Universal Studio is closer for us, Universal Studio Osaka is still better than Singapore :-) Osaka is bigger and has more rides and attractions compared to Singapore. My two teenage boys love Universal Studio Osaka despite the long queuing during the day. We were fortunate that we arrive here quite early in the morning .......

Visited June 2013