“Definitelt the best”

Ranked #11 of 33,123 Restaurants in Osaka
Price range: US$50 - US$59
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant offers Matsusaka-beef, one of the three major Wagyu in Japan.You can experience the finest quality Matsusaka-beef at a reasonable price.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nothing can compare with their beef. Definitely you must try it at least once in your life. Place is small so better reserve ahead of time, we ate at the Hozenji Yochoko, only 6 cubicles, good for 4 people each. We were there 5pm waiting for them to open their evening service. When we were seated, many people came but some have to be turn away because of bookings. You can be persistent and say you will try to eat fast to make the table ready in time for the booked party. They will allow. Because really when the food comes, grilling takes a short while, wolfing down the food is faster than when you can count to ten , , it s really that delicios , , the meat quality so succulent, and tender, cleaning up the plate before you can count to ten is easier done than said

3  Thank dancingfeetManila
岡本邦美, マネージャー at Matsusakagyu Yakiniku M, Hozenji Yokocho, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear. dancingfeetManila
Thank you so much for choosing to visit our restaurant this time. Also, I appreciate you taking a time to write warm feedback on tripadvisor.
We are glad to read that you were satisfied with our Matsusaka-beef & service.
We are looking forward to serving you again.

Matsusaka-Gyu YakinikuM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The place is very difficult to locate. Don't ever try using google maps, it will lead you to wrong direction. Just walk out from namba station, exit 14. Check the Trip advisor map, it will point you to the correct direction.

The beef is amazing great! Services is good with well spoken English. Although is expensive but I feel is worth every dollar !

Recommend to all to try ! At least once in the life time!! Also please make reservation before your go

1  Thank Jeanchuah2012

Dear. Jeanchuah2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post warm review on toripadvisor.
We are very happy about the things that you said.
We are looking forward to serving you again when you will come to Osaka.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was by myself but really wanted to try this no. 1 restaurant in Osaka to I dropped by and was placed right away. The restaurant was discreete and I would not be able to find it without the taxi driver. I was placed in a one seat cubicle, which was a bit suffocating but the great food made me quickly forget the strange yet cozy setting. I selected the set menu “Premium course” (6000 yen per person) that offers an appetizer, salad, roasted Matsuzaka beef sushi, tongue with salt (that you grill yourself), 5 kinds of Matsuzaka beef cuts, Morioka’s Cold Noodle soup, and yuzu ice cream.
Everything was fresh and tasty! I particularly liked the soup that tasted so pure. The beef sushi literally melted in my mouth, so were all the beef cuts that I grilled. I had Umeshu (prune) wine which (to my taste) matched so well with the menu.
The service was very prompt, attentive and courteous despite the waiter’s limited English.
Next time that I will be back in Osaka this is a must return spot for me!

岡本邦美, マネージャー at Matsusakagyu Yakiniku M, Hozenji Yokocho, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear. michikoQC
Thank you for coming to Matsusaka-gyu YakinikuM and Posting your feedback in tripadvisor.
We are so happy to you enjoy with our meal.
Please let me know how can we help all of customer to have a great time in Osaka.
We want all customer to love Osaka.
hope to see you next your trip in JPN

Best regard

Matsusaka-gyu YakinikuM

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I tried this place with a lot of hesitation. It was the best reviewed restaurant on Tripadvisor for Osaka. But I was hesitating whether it was more of a tourist trap wondering exactly how good can yakiniku (bbq beef) be?

We went to the restaurant with no reservation and was told to wait 10 minutes. The waiter seemed very hesitant and apologetic when he asked us to wait. We had no problem with it since 10 minutes is barely anytime to wait for a well reviewed restaurant. Pretty soon we were seating, in our very own private booth. With a quick glance it's pretty obvious it's a small restaurant with one booth seating. Upon sitting, the waitress carefully explained the menu, our choices and a little background on the beef. Her English was excellent and we quickly decided on the matsusaka beef platter and skipped the meal set which includes rice, sushi, salad, etc. We were there for the meat, so the beef platter was worth more for us.

The beef was excellent!! We tried different parts of the cow and some parts were fattier than others. But overall the beef was the best I've ever had in my life! The fattier ones melt in my mouth and the leaner ones were very tender. I didn't even know beef could tastes like this! We ordered rice and some additional marinated beef to supplement our meal. But 3 drinks later, our bill only came up to be around $150 for two. This is what you would get in Toronto for a good steak meal for two, and matsusaka beef is 100 times better than any steak I've had.

It's not a cheap meal, but for what you experience and taste, I say what you get is extremely good value.

1  Thank rinalinali
岡本邦美, マネージャー at Matsusakagyu Yakiniku M, Hozenji Yokocho, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear. Rinalinali
Greeting from Matsusaka-Gyu YakinikuM. Thank you very much for the warm review on tripadviser. We appreciate visiting our restaurant. Was our service used to wonderful memory?
We try to good service & keep beef quality well.
We are looking forward to meeting you when your next trip to Osaka.

Best regard

Reviewed 3 June 2014

nice atmosphere, very nice food. 5-6 tables only. perfect service, english menu. priceworthy. 3 people can eat first class beef, with asahi for around 100usd.

1  Thank Bulent U
岡本邦美, マネージャー at Matsusakagyu Yakiniku M, Hozenji Yokocho, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear. Shanghainese2001
We are so glad to receive your comment on tripadviser.
there are many good restaurant in Osaka.
you should try another Osaka`s local food .
Have a many memory & fun in Osaka.

Matsusaka-gyu YakinikuM