“#amenitiesgalore”
Review of Osaka Joytel Hotel

Osaka Joytel Hotel
Ranked #179 of 322 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Situated right inside a mall, Best Western Joytel Osaka is handy in every aspect. It is walking distance from many large shops & establishments (like Toys R Us) and to a variety of restaurants. Aside from McDonald’s, there’s MOS Burger and Yoshinoya nearby.
Our room is comparatively small and overlooking a multifaceted commercial area. Nevertheless, it is clean and odour-free.
Although the bathroom is minuscule, the toilet seat is loaded with buttons that range from bidet to bottom spray. Toiletries come in jar-filled containers. When travelling, I personally bring my own shampoo & conditioner ‘coz my hair has a mind of its own and does not seem to be fond of a different brand other than what it’s been used to. However, for this instance it worked perfectly.
Breakfast buffet was gratifying. The menu to some extent is identical each day, yet we still gorged ourselves with what was available.
We ventured through Suminoekoen Station, which is just behind the hotel, and realized that for a merely 20-minute train ride you will be amidst the hustle & bustle of Ebisubashi-Suji shopping district.
We already expected that most Japanese have limited understanding of the English language so we took this more like an exciting activity. When asking for directions or inquiring something, we played it like we’re part of the Amazing Race. Pretty interesting!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank uncluttered
BestwesternJO, Manager at Osaka Joytel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .

Best Western Joytel Osaka
BEST WESTERN Joytel Osaka

There are newer reviews for Osaka Joytel Hotel

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms were small, but nothing to small, and the hotel is in good shape. There is, however, a pervasive smell of cigarette smoke. I was on a non-smoking floor, but the smell was still overwhelming. The other problem with the hotel is that it is really quite out of the way. The area it is in is not bad, as far as I could tell, but it is fast from the central districts. If you are a boat racing fan though, it is right across the street from the boat tracing track (?). There are restaurants nearby and it is right at a subway stop, but still the distance is something to think about. Also, it is in the top floors of a shopping mall. Not an upscale shopping mall, but rather a very low budget one. On the plus side, the breakfasts were very good and hee view of the city and the hills is great.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Stephen U
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a night, only because our shortlist of ryokans and hotels in Osaka were unavailable, and also to earn membership points. The reviews said it was near the subway station but even the ticket guy at the station wasn’t familiar with the address. He even said it will take us 30mins by foot so we opted to get a cab and met a con driver. He circled around the station, and dropped us in front of the hotel which was actually on the other side of the road where we boarded his cab. Cheater!

Hotel location is very far from the city centre, but lots of convenience store and restaurants in the vicinity. Free WiFi connection and coffee in the lobby. Room was very small. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable. Bathroom was clean, with ample toiletries (Shiseido) but too tiny. Japanese toilet was a relief! I was happy with the heated seat and push-button bidet and spray. Breakfast was staple Japanese food (no sushi/sashimi) and some Western bread, pancakes. Nothing special though.

Tip: When asking for directions, ask for “Osker Dream”. Locals may be more familiar with the mall than the hotel. Best Western is at the 9/F of Osker Dream.

From Kansai International Airport: Take the Nankai Honsen Line towards Nanba Station and get off at Nanba Station (45 minutes). Take the Yotsubashi Line towards Suminoe Koen Station (13 minutes). Exit the station via Exit 5. The hotel is about 1 minute from the station on foot.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank MaWenLi
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The hotel somehow far from busy city center is close to many restaurants as well, 24H McDonald. Do not miss the Rikuro confectionery with its most delicious cakes and sweets, and free coffee at a very calm atmosphere with a few tables outside and some inside. Good place for kids to see how the cakes are made. The staff are very kind. Even for breakfast you may go there from 8:00. The hotel breakfast is so much Japanese with few choices if you are NOT a fan of Japanese breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kfbehdin
Reviewed 11 March 2013

No value for money at all. The location is terrible--its in a run down mall on the last stop on the Yamamoto line (blue anyway). The first room we were given was "non-smoking" but smelled horrendous. The second room we were given was actually "non-smoking", but that was the end of the positives. It was incredibly hot, even with the heat completely off, and we tried sleeping with the window open, but the noise from the traffic below was too loud. The bed was unbelievably uncomfortable, neither my husband nor I could sleep. There were no blackout blinds, so when the sun came up at 6ish it was directly in your eyes. The room was clean, but the decor was ugly and old. Everything about the hotel was tired. It's wasn't very expensive, but it was far overpriced for what we paid. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This hotel is inside a shopping mall called Osker Dream, at the 9th floor. It is NOT in the city center but I should say that didn't bother me. There is Suminokoen Metro Station just outside the mall. It's a very quite area and only a few stops away (about 15-20 minutes) from Namba station. From there you can take the Nankai Express train to go to Kansai Airport (about 45 minutes). I stayed in a single room, very spacious considering japanese standards and with a comfortable bed that it looked to me more a double than a single! There is no wifi at the hotel but there is a LAN cable in the room. I had a laptop and I can say it was perfectly working and internet connection was very good and fast. I read in some comments the cable was not working, this is why I'm pointing this out... My room was on a 16th floor and had a very big window, that was nice! Over all I was very happy with the hotel, however, breakfast, that was included in the price, was disapointing. According to them it's a mixt between japanese/western breakfast.... But the only western food they had it was bread & butter... This might only be an inconvenient for me since I need sthing sweet and fruit for breakfast and I couldn't find it there but it's true there was plenty of japanese food and as I said everything else was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LAMENUDA77
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel was very comfortable and the staff were friendly. Reasonably priced. Although its not in the center of Osaka the Subway and Tram are very accessible. The hotel sells USJ 1 day pass for 5,800 yen ( normally 6,400) which is quite a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kooltraveller24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osaka
Kanku Joytel Hotel
Shin Osaka / North Area
Osaka Garden Palace
Osaka Garden Palace
#84 of 322 in Osaka

Been to Osaka Joytel Hotel? Share your experiences!