“Good location!”

Ranked #44 of 298 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Jakarta
“Good location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is only 5 mins from dotounbori area, and less than 10 mins walking to Nipponbashi station. Room is a bit small, but manageable for both of us, as we don;t have big luggages. We love the midnite ramen and kimchi, it's so good especially during cold weather. I also loved the onsen, it was my first time to try onsen and I think it's a fun experience.

Staff are also helpful and friendly, most importantly they speak english :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel received good reviews and that is the reason I decided to try it. The reviews are correct. The rooms are small which is not unusual for Japan but once you adjust to it all is fine. Every amenity is provided. The Onsen ( baths ) are lovely and the staff are happy and hospitable. This hotel is very good value and the location near Dotombori and Namba is very convenient. If you are coming by train from the airport ( Kansai ) take the Nankai line train to Namba Station. A good tip is to print a map of the location of the hotel to show the taxi driver as this will really help you. Many drivers do not know the hotel location. Also there is a lovely coffee shop right across the road which is great for breakfast at half the hotel rate which may help the budget conscious.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for its good reviews and being close location to Dotombori and Shinsaibashi and we were not disappointed. Room size was adequate for our short stay and with breakfast included, covering both Eastern & Western buffet selection it was good value. However, the best part was the Onsen on 2nd floor. What a marvellous way to relax after a hard days sightseeing! Not to be missed with separate male / female facilities....just make sure you go in the right door!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

You need about 5-7 min walk from subway station. This hotel locates near Dotombori and Namba. There are many convenience store near the hotel. Hotel also provived ONSEN and Night Ramen free of charge. Rooms are very new and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked this based on price and the fact that it has an onsen. I've stayed at other Dormy Inns before, and felt the brand offers good value for money.
I arrived quite late and took a taxi from Namba station. Taxi driver didn't know the hotel but used his street directory to find it. In the light of day, it's quite conveniently located. Shinsaibashi shopping area and subway is a short walk away, while the closest subway is Nipponbashi.
My single room is very clean and while small by western standards, space is cleverly used. However, anyone booking a single room needs to be aware that there is *no bathroom* and you need to use the onsen for bathing. As I chose this hotel partly on the onsen factor, it's not too big a deal, but do be aware of this. The other rooms have a shower.
I'm more of a night owl, so I haven't had as much sleep as I would like. As with many of this kind of hotel, things are done very early. Last entrance for breakfast is 9:30am, while the onsen closes at 10am for cleaning (reopens after lunch). Cleaners start cleaning early, and banging of room doors can be heard as they come and go. I knew to expect this, but it's still a bit annoying.
Speaking of night owls, this area has great night life, excellent dining and some good spas. The hotel has a great massage service near the onsen, but if you speak Japanese or are feeling brave, try one of the Thai or Japanese shiatsu massage places next to or opposite the hotel for half the price.
Staff are polite and accommodating. As I speak Japanese, I can't comment on their English level.
There's also a free shuttle to namba station which I found out about when I was in the lobby as it was being called. It's easy enough to get to from the hotel, but is a nice service to take advantage of if the timing is right.
The buffet breakfast is great, excellent Japanese fare as well as western, Korean and Chinese. ¥1500 if not included in your room rate (there's also a convenience store next to the hotel, plus a couple of cafes which unfortunately allow smoking).
Overall, I quite like this hotel and would recommend it, but if you like to sleep past 8am, you may be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank bimdonesia
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at the Dormy Inn Premium in April 2014 and had a really pleasant visit.

Upon arrival the front desk staff were professional and kind, and very accommodating of my limited Japanese. They directed me to my room and explained how to access the guest spa. Over the course of my visit they were able to provide me with maps and directions, recommendations for food and entertainment and information about the area.

My first impression of the room was that it was spacious and cleverly laid out, with a separate area of bathroom and entry. Two pairs of pyjamas and slippers were provided, along with the standard hotel amenities. It was extremely clean, well kept, and very comfortable. I had faultless WiFi access in my room, and was impressed by the remote control lighting and air conditioning.

The women's public bath was wonderful. It contains a very clean dressing area with lockers, a tranquil spa area, a standard bath and sauna. I cannot overstate how relaxing this was after a long day of walking around Osaka.

The breakfast buffet was incredibly varied and great value for money, and the night ramen was fantastic and quite novel. I enjoyed being able to drop into the restaurant area for tea / coffee at all hours, and that there were conveniently located vending machines on many of the floors.

Access wise, this hotel is quite easy to get to. I used the subway station at Nippombashi and had no issues getting to the hotel. The proximity to the night life area of Namba / Dotonbori/ Americatown was great.

I strongly recommend this hotel. I will be visiting in April next year and will not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jessica A
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We booked this hotel mainly for the price as there are numerous hotels in the Namba area. We didn't do the breakfast option but if you want a basic Western style breakfast, there is a very cheap cafe next door to the hotel. Hotel is easy walking distance from the subway, Dotonbori and Amerimura as well as the large shopping arcades. The room was small, as usual in Japan, with the queen size bed up against the wall along one side. Only one bed side light. No bath but a good shower with separate toilet. We liked the supplied pyjamas/lounging wear. Not sure of their exact use but we saw a person wearing them outside while having a cigarette. Could be worn in bed though. There is a Foodium near by where supplies can be bought and the post office is also close to the hotel. This was the only hotel we stayed in that provided coffee as well as green tea. Didn't use the natural hot spring which is located on the second floor so I'm not sure how natural it is! Staff had some English and were able to provide a basic photo copied map.
Our only problem was the address! We arrived by train in the evening and asked a taxi driver to take us to the hotel as our google map wasn't being specific enough. Taxi driver just laughed so we asked at a Family Mart opposite the subway exit. Staff were also unsure but looked it up and provided directions. If only we had known it was just straight up the road! Addresses can be a bit confusing in Japan and it appeared that the address we were trying locate was the street alongside the hotel and not just the main road out the front. Took us down some unexpected streets. Ut we arrived in the end.

Room Tip: Despite being on the top floor, we could still hear street noises at times. Probably due to having o...