Dotonbori Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsramenfree phonefree massage chairsinternational callsnamba stationskin careexcellent locationfree coffeerooms are smalllaundry facilitiessemi double roomglico mani highly recommend this hotelair purifieryour luggageenglish speaking staffjapanese hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The hotel is in the heart of Dotonbori and a great location, but I find it a little hard to locate amidst the rows and rows of similar hotels and streets! Tip: Check the nearest subway exit number! Nonetheless, I was impressed by its facilities such as laptop loan, free home calls, free printing and free beverages at the lobby. There are also events for the guests though I did not get to attend it as I was out for the day. I like the quirky and vibrant Osaka and will be back for more!

Room Tip: I booked a double room with pillar. It's funny to have a huge pillar in the centre of the room, but it's made up with a lower price. No issues for friends in twin beds!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us.
We wish to express our deep appreciation for your review.
I regret that you couldn't attend our event which can experience different culture.
Japanese traditional events has been known to foregin country. That's why ,we are holding it.
If you can come to Japan again,we will welcome you.

Frontdesk:Sakamoto

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel was located right in the heart of restaurant, shopping and entertainment. We checked in as a family with kids and everyone loves the hotel. The service was excellent. It seemed that they have tried few extra miles to pamper their guests with so many free gifts and good service. The room was quite big for average 3 stars hotel in Japan and it was clean. If you came from Tokyo by shinkansen like us, take Midosuji line from Shin Osaka (M 13) to Namba (M 20) and find exit 25. After exit make U turn to find Mc Donald walk straight until you find Yoshinoya at the corner, turn left and walk straight, find the hotel on the left side opposite of Lawson. If you carry some big suitcases, on the way to exit 25, around 20 meters before exit 25, on the right hand side (exit 15 if I am not mistaken) take the elevator there and you will be on the street level in Namba Hips Mall. Just walk across the street and there was actually the spot if you took exit 25. From there just follow the instruction as if you chose exit 25.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Globaltrading
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Dear customer,

Thank you for leaving a positive comment. We're glad you enjoyed our service and the location. We appreciate that you took the time to write a direction to our hotel. This will help our next customers. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sincerely Yours

Front desk, Hamada

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed at the Dotonbori Hotel for 4 nights on a 2 1/2 week trip to Japan and found it to be the most quaint and accessible hotel of my whole trip. Situated only moments away from the Dotonbori main strip gives ample opportunity to explore the seemingly endless restaurants, bars, shops and attractions this part of Japan has to offer. Amongst all the lights and noise and people I found it near on impossible to get lost.
Staff were very well presented and spoke a fantastic amount of English. Very helpful with information and directions. The rooms I will say were quite small, but you don't go to Japan expecting anything to large of a scale so it was more than suffice. From memory there was a 24 hour convenience store directly opposite which is handy. There is also a great number of great yakitori bars adjacent also.
This hotel comes highly recommended, and I am planning my next trip to Japan as we speak. Even though my locales may differ I will be definitely spending some time in Osaka and more specifically Dotonbori. I know where I will be staying.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mems77
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your staying with us.
We are proud of your brilliant review.
Osaka is one of the greatest place for sightseeing.
This is because, there are many different kind of store such as Yakitori-Bar,clothes,electrical
department.
Especially,local food which is called Kushi-katsu is doing a rolling trade.
Did you try it? If you haven't done,I suggest that try to eat it.
Recently,new hotels are springing up.
So we must effort to offer you with comfortable space,including services you would like.
We look forward to next visit.

Frontdesk:Sakamoto

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We loved our stay at the dotonbori. Outstanding location and even though the room was small we managed just fine. This hotel has excellent staff who try so hard to ensure your stay is good. Many extras like free laptops and movies and bikes. The lawsons store across the road is a great convenience store and for anyone wanting a wine they have spanish and italian bottles of wine for around 6-7 dollars. Osaka is known as the culinary kitchen of Japan and we enjoyed exploring the thousands of local restaurants all an easy walk from the hotel. Also a great little find at the end of the street under the overpass a couple of boys have a bar set up and they cook octopus balls as well as chips and sell beer and whisky this is a great place to sit and watch the Osakans go about their business I think its called Umiya hawaiian beach bar and set up like a tiki stand lovely young guys who run a great friendly little business. one last note on the dotonbori its spotlessly clean thanks to everyone at the dotonbori for a great holiday

Room Tip: The pillar twin room would have a bit more space and a good choice
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chilifan m
道頓堀ホテル, フロント at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting a review.
I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy exploring the thousands of local restaurants all an easy walk from the hotel and that we could be a part of your experience.
We hope to see you again on a future visit to Osaka.

Reception
Orio

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Although rooms are small (but normal by Japanese standards), Dotonbori provides many freebies.

For those who don't lag their PCs around when they travel, they over free loan of PCs from counter to take up to the room. Each room has independent wifi, so no problems connecting to the Net.

Freebies also includes, souvenirs key-rings/postcards of their signature figure-heads; & at lobby -free coffee/tea from vending machine, use of massage chairs, free overseas call using cordless phones, PCs, etc.

Service provided by staff is respectable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jotaro-zen
道頓堀ホテル, フロントデスク at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review.
We are pleased that you were satisfied to staying.

Currently,two massage chair has been installed on the first floor.
It can be used 24hours for free.
I think that you can feel relaxing atomosphere.
Also,the event called Tonpei-yaki party is held on every Turesday.
It is one of the most farmous local food among the Osaka people.

If you have chance to next visit,we look forward to see you then.
Reception:Sakamoto