“Osaka hospitality”

Ranked #8 of 309 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Maldives
“Osaka hospitality”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My boyfriend and I were surprised with their services at Dotonbori Hotel. I choose this hotel because it is very closed to Dotonbori street (very very close). It was the best choice not because of their location. They had free coffee, tea matchine, internet lounge, massage chair(this was great!), game-Wii, 5min free international call...they exchange money at reception without commission, same rate as bank. The room and bathroom were small but you know Japanese are also small, but friegde, water boiler, hair dryer, toothbrush, shaving kit and free water to drink....wow! with the price we paid, we got so many things. The receptionists seems to speak English, Chinese and Korean very well. It was so convenient for us to stay in Osaka, we extended the stay. If we go back to Osaka, we will definitely stay at Dontonbori Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kudarie
道頓堀ホテル, フロントデスク at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your excellent review.
We are really glad to meet you.
According to your sentence,you extended stay with us.
we appreciate your decision.
Dotonbori Hotel is encouraged by guest's review.
You will welcomed by us next visit,too.

Frontdesk:Sakamoto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 19 July 2013

As should not be a surprise, the staff were amazing, attentive without being obsequious, and ever present. The hotel itself and the rooms were really nice. That said, we had a wonderful time, can't say enough about how great this place is and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Madden d
道頓堀ホテル, front at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your warmly comments.

Your comments would step up our sevivice, Next time, you happen to come to

Osaka, Please stay our hotel again!

Doutonbori-hotel front staff ishii
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed there in a semi-double room for eight nights from 7 July,2013. It's really a great place meeting my budget. It takes only 5-10minutes walk from the hotel to the busy shopping and dining area Dotonbori /Shinsaibashi. Though the room is small but it's well equipped with wifi, battery charger, electric kettle, fridge and air purifier. It's fine for me and my daughter as we both are small guys. I felt particularly warm and touching for their thoughtfulness in providing the ladies cosmetic kits upon arrival as well as an origami crane inside the room. The two cooling sheets provided on each day were really excellent for reliefing the pain of our exhausted legs.
The best of all, they could lend you a laptop for use in our room throughout the whole period.
The staff were also friendly and helpful.
However, one thing I must mention. The information provided on the website showing the route to the hotel is currently not quite perfect. I took the Nankai "Rapi:t" train to Namba Station and followed the instruction to find the subway exit no.25. The worst of all was that the Namba Subway station was under renovation and no advertisements of the hotel were seen. It was hard to find the exit 25 and I tried to ask three people but they didn't understand English at all. I spent almost 20 minutes circling around the area. Finally I found the way out but for God's sake, no esculator was provided. I had to carry my suitcase climbing up the stairs! So, if you are going to the hotel with heavy suitcases in the very near future, try using the exit at Nankai Namba Station showing "Dotonbori/Namba" direction. It will take you perhaps 8-10 more minutes to reach the hotel but you won't have to climb up the stairs.

1 Thank patj11197319
道頓堀ホテル, フロント at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for writing a great review. Dotonbori Hotel is conveniently located from the Namba station. However, the direction can be a little confusing especially if you're in the basement. We're sorry that you got lost on the way. Some staffs at the station may speak English. We're glad you liked our service and the amenities. We provide lots of free services not offered in other hotels. It seems you enjoyed your trip overall. If you have a chance to visit Osaka again, please come back to Dotonbori hotel.

Hamada
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It's an odd place, at least at first glance. I'm sure there's some significance to the heads out front; the best thing is they help you find the place. (It's the only non-Love Hotel on the block, I think!) I had a hard time finding it, but that's really my fault; make sure you do your research, particularly if you're coming from JR instead of the subway.

The staff was very friendly, and their English was fine. There's lots of small touches that I liked, such as the loaner umbrellas and the paper crane with the day's towels. I'm not a very big guy, so the size of the room was fine for me. (I'm one of those people that just looks at hotels as a place to store bags and sleep)

I was one floor above the Chinese restaurant, which was pretty loud in the hallway, but I couldn't hear a thing in my room. Laundry facilities were handy, and easy to use.

Great place for single travelers, in my opinion. Just a few minutes from the subway and JR, and gateway to the awesome night life of Dontonbori.

The only negative thing I could think of is the lack of selection in the vending machines, but there's a combini right across the street, and a huge grocery store in the nearby JR station, so it's not a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
道頓堀ホテル, front staff at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear guest

Thank you very much for staying for our Horel, and gives us a wamly comments,

We do hope You have enjoyed Osaka, Our hotel, Your comments give us more urge to

step up our stage in our service

You happen to have a visit to Osaka, We are looking forward to serving you again!

Doutonbori-Hotel Front staff Ishii
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This was a really wonderful, fun, and convenient place to stay. Firstly, this hotel was super easy to get to, only a 3 minute walk from the station, and if you need it they have great directions and a map on their website. Perfectly located for exploring the Dotonbori area, no worrying about trains or busses, we had fun walking around all night. Admittedly, the hotel is a little older, you can tell from the lobby and the hallways/staircases, but the rooms are renovated and clean. They have fun events that are posted around the lobby, the first night we came back only to be handed a beer and bowl of ramen by the friendly staff on our way in! It was unexpected and a nice pick me up at the end of our day. The only complaints I have are that the breakfast was low quality, the hallways and stairwell stunk like smoke, and that we had a giant post in the middle of our room. Easily overlooked for the price.

道頓堀ホテル, フロント at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We get alot of positive opinion about our location being convenient. The area of Dotonbori is known for partying and great restaurants. We hope you were able to explore the whole town. The Ramen event is only held once a week. So, you were fortunate to be there at the time. We're sorry to hear the breakfast didn't meet your satisfaction. The twin room with pillar is a bit small, but we also offer the standard twin with no pillar. We hope you had a great trip overall and hope to see you again in the future.

Hamada
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Sitting on the massage chair in the hotel relaxation area when I was writing this review. If you are a budget traveler and would not mind the tiny little room, you are at the right place.

It is just like your another home in Osaka with well equipped facilities including free wifi with much better signal than most other Osaka hotels, free coffee and tea, location guidance with printer for easy convenience, and the relaxation area is just a place to meet your neighbor in the morning and late night after a long day of travel with JR.

INTERESTING concept and it serves the purpose for self travel. Everything is just nearby and shops and restaurants are just within walking distance. Self travel is never a problem basing in this hotel and I have to speak Mandarin rather than English here.

I could see more HK people here in this hotel than Japanese. surely they are all as smart as I am.

Room Tip: Non smoking floor
道頓堀ホテル, レセプションデスク at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying in Dotonbori Hotel.
Your title is moved us.
Almost the title is good,but your title is much better for us.

Chinese staff has been asked from guests all day.
Guests must have relieved while they were staying.

Like this,we will be served service which could be felt relaxing atmosphere.
Also,will be aiming high quality.

Reception:Sakamoto
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed here, early July 2013. Was unpleasantly surprised by the tininess of the rooms! Beware to anyone used to American/European sized hotel rooms, as there was enough room for the bed, and an airplane-sized bathroom. The service desk was extremely kind and helpful (although an entire city map of osaka apparently doesn't exist), and the heads in the front of the hotel certainly mean you won't get lost! Location was good on dotonbori street, but the taxi driver had to be told the address. All in all, it was good, but I cannot rate higher due to the fact that I felt like a sardine in a can (barely enough room to shower, very little space to maneuver around, etc). Maybe if I was by myself it could have been ok, but very difficult with two people.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
道頓堀ホテル, フロント at Dotonbori Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing about your recent experinece at the Dotonbori Hotel.
We appriciate the open and honest feed back you have provided.
I agree that some of our rooms are small, however, we have photos of every room type on our website.
We are doing our best to offer great customer service and good value for money and I am sorry we were unable to achieve this goal with yourself.
In closing, a twin room is recomended for 2 guests if we have another opprtunity of welcoming you back to the Dotonbori Hotel.

Sincerly,