Hotel Kuramoto
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$290
US$110
US$76
Rakuten Travel
  • Restaurant
RIHGA Royal Hotel Osaka(Osaka)
US$150
US$89
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here 2 nights and this was one of the worse hotel I've ever been: room very small, overpriced, stinky, humid, super small tatami and in general everything looks old and badly maintained. We stayed in Kyoto in a fabulous hotel with a room double the size and superclean for the same money. To avoid

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank perafelix
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Kuramoto for 2 nights in March 2013. The staff were very friendly and eager to help. They have limited English, but a little Japanese from our side and we were all able to understand each other enough.

The room was traditional tatami matting and futons, and was very large by the standards we are used to in Japan. There was also a small table and floor chairs. A personal touch was the tea produced by the owners of the hotel themselves which was delicious. The bathroom was small but perfectly fine and clean. There was wifi available free of charge in the lobby and cable internet in the rooms.

Although the room was a non-smoking room, outside the room was a vending machine and ashtray, so often outside our room was very smoky and this would come into the foyer section of the room. If we kept the door between the foyer and main room closed this didn't cause a problem, but if you are particularly sensitive to smoke you may find it irritating.

Overall, I would stay at Hotel Kuramoto again if I was in Namba. The price is reasonable for a good sized room in such a prime location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jodie F
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Difficult to rate a place not knowing the market in same city. I believe 120$ per night in Osaka in good, especially if the location is excellent, the staff really nice and willing to help, the equipment working very well in the room.
This is on the simple side. I was in room 605, supposedly a double room for single use. I suppose this is by Japanese standards. Two North Americans would really have found themselves tight. Was OK for one.
At the time that the maid was cleaning other rooms on the same floor, I took a look at other rooms. They were way bigger, although the price certainly was different. ( 601, 606 and 607 are bigger and nicer ).
This is tatami room, very clean. Tiny bathroom, but very clean. Equipment works very well, so it worked for me.
Not for romance, though ( again, too small for two ).
Hot coffee in vending machines downstairs was very handy and actually very tasty.
Internet was working only in the lobby ( wifi). Perhaps it would have worked in the room with a cable ( as mentioned in the advertisement), but I had not brought a cable with me.
Limited English but good will very much there, so all my requests were granted.

Room Tip: enquire about room number and surface of the room, especially if you are not going alone. A room for 2 in Japan is smaller that a room for 2 in America. 6th floor really quiet, did not hear anything.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank 88puffin
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Three nights with my wife, 2 y/o baby girl and her 7 y/o brother ...
December 2012, three beds rooms at 5th floor ...

It is very convenient;

Appropriate price, can even say it's quite cheap in Japan.

The people were very nice and polite, sometimes it feel
awkward because they are much more senior than us..

Very clean room, comfortable and cozy,
very usefull short tables and chairs,
well-functioning heating.

First time staying at a tatami room and loved it,
theres no bad smell, nice and comfy beds.

Pretty good bathrooms with small bathtub,
24hours high-pressure hot water.

Location is so perfect, plenty of places to eat,
coin laundry is just right next to the hotel,
located in the middle of two train station;
Nipponbashi and Nagahoribashi and to get to
the station, you can just walk along the Sakai-suji street.
Even the Dotonbori, place to shops and eats, its just
10 minute walk from the hotel. <-- Glico is here ;)

If I visit Osaka again, I would definitely go back to stay at this hotel :)

Just a little suggestion, maybe a small area when we entered the bedroom after passing the bathroom that are currently filled by the useless two small sofas and little tables can be replaced with a space to store suitcases and a coat hanger. So the bedroom atmosphere will be more spacious and it will be more hangers available. And it will be a place for our baby stroller ;)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Hirapriyono
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I spent 1 night with my partner at Kuramoto in late February. The place was very clean and felt very authentically Japanese style-ed. Yukata was provided for those who wish to experience traditional Japanese clothing. Although the clothing was not brand-new, it smelled very fresh and felt very comfortable. Our room was equipped with a private bathroom, but the hotel itself offers a Japanese-style bath room at ground floor. For those who wish to experience how a Japanese bath house works - try it out! The bathroom was very clean and the water was very clear. It was very relaxing for both of us since it was after a long day of walking. Food was great! One of the ladies sat by us and grilled takoyaki (grilled octopus cakes) while talking to us.

The owner is Japanese but speaks basic English, there's also an elevator in the hotel for those that might be carrying large luggage.

I would really recommend this hotel to family or couples!!!!

日本に6ヶ月を留学して、勉強が終わると観光客として、彼氏と二日間くらもとに泊まりました。くらもとのみんなはすごく親切で楽しく一夜を過ごしました!