“awesome stay”

Richmond Hotel Nagasaki Shianbashi
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagasaki
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed in a deluxe double room. Room is spacious. Friendly staffs. Hotel is not exactly near to nagasaki jr station. We took a taxi from nagasaki jr station to richmond hotel, which cost ard 800 yen. Many restaurants n shopping street near to hotel. Ask hotel for food recomnendation, there is one japanese restaurant," ji zhong" near to hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
rnt_nagasaki, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Nagasaki Shianbashi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for staying at the Richmond Hotel Nagasaki this time.
All the staff were very glad and read it for words of many praise.
Our hotel is built in the Nagasaki's best downtown, Many restaurants around hotel.
There are a lot of restaurants recommended staff.
We will try for the offer of the best service that a visitor is satisfied with from now on.
Thank you for contributing it this time.
We wait for the day when I can see again heartily.

There are newer reviews for Richmond Hotel Nagasaki Shianbashi

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed in Nagasaki for 3 nights; 2 adults and our adult son. We had a double room and he had a single. The features, spaciousness, location and professionalism of this hotel can't be beat. The features: free wifi, large bed, big flat screen tv, a sofa in addition to the desk, lots of hangers both in the closet and plastic ones in the bathroom with clips, pegs on the wall (I love wall pegs!), luggage rack and a shelf for a suitcase, bright lamps for reading, a room refrigerator, great tea and coffee with the hot water pot. The style is contemporary with ebony wood and neutral colors. One huge plus was the coin laundry in the hotel. Our floor (10th) had a laundry for women only; the 4th floor laundry was for everyone. Laundry was 200Yen/wash (laundry soap incl) and 100Yen for 30 min. drying. The machines were in good shape, and drying never took more than 1hr. We washed a lot as we'd been traveling a while. The breakfast buffet was amazing - salad, fruit, dumplings, grilled fish, sausage, chirashi rice, soup, breads and jam, congee, bottomless good coffee, and that's an incomplete list! The location is ideal - it's a few steps away from the Shianbashi Tram line (120Yen/ride; 500Yen all-day pass that you buy at the hotel). It's tricky to get to on foot or tram from the station if you've just arrived with your luggage, so spring for a cab - 700Yen from the station. The desk staff were friendly and always on the job. Their English was good, although we used a lot of Japanese. I'd love to stay here again if my travels bring me back to Nagasaki.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ephemera9
rnt_nagasaki, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Nagasaki Shianbashi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for staying at the Richmond Hotel Nagasaki.
We were relieved as it seems like you were able to stay comfortably and liked basic facilities in rooms you stayed. As you mentioned in your review, we think visitors from abroad can stay here without worries about facilities. If you have any difficulties please ask us anything. For example, we can lend you a plug adapter if you forget or lose it. In addition, we have not only the coin laundry but also the dry-cleaner. (The dry-cleaner is no service on Sunday.) It is very useful for long-term staying guests.
We serve Japanese and Western cuisine for the breakfast buffet. You can enjoy having breakfast because there are some local foods in it. (Such as Kakuni which is cuts of pork boiled with sugar, soy sauce, sweet sake and salt, Sara udon which is Nagasaki dish of noodles with various toppings and Somen which is fine white noodles etc.)
Our hotel is located very nearby tram stop named “Shiambashi”. Guests can’t miss it, even for the first time. Besides, we prepare for several kinds of English maps of Nagasaki City. We'd be honored to be of use to you.
We are really looking forward to your coming again.
Thank you very much for having this time you contribute it.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here one night with another family, 4 adults and 4 children in total. Children all under 6yo. I loved the city of Nagasaki in general and also very much enjoyed this hotel. It's very modern, everything is well thought out, there are directions in English. As everyone has mentioned, the location is urban and convenient, the buffet breakfast is outstanding, and they have coin laundry available which I found very useful in washing dirty kids clothes. Negatives, the rooms are too small (tho normal for Japan) and they did not seem to have any extra bed options for us. But other than that I highly recommend this hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chinagirl
rnt_nagasaki, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Nagasaki Shianbashi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you very much for your warm comment.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your trip in Nagasaki.
And it would make us happy if we are helpful to you.
Please choose our hotel if you have a chance to come to Nagasaki again.
We are looking forward to the day we will be able to see you again.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

There is a reason that this is no. 1 on TA for Nagasaki. This was easily the best hotel that I stayed at during my weeks long trip to Japan.

Don't expect absurd luxury from this place. What you do get however is smart, friendly service, a great base for sightseeing, and excellent, reasonable amenities, which in sum make this place well worth the money.

The Richmond Hotel is a short taxi ride away from Nagasaki station, or you can tram it. The hotel is a short walk from Shianbashi tram station. Head south into the narrower road once you get off and you'll see it soon. Its the entertainment area, so its easy to find good restaurants, convenience stores, cafes, shopping (theres an arcade running east-west, to the north of Shianbashi tram stop), and bars. There's a nearby Starbucks and Mister Donut northwest from the hotel (head west on the road with the tram to find it) to get your morning fix. The hotel provides an excellent paper map of the area. Shianbashi is located roughly in between the major sights to the north (A-bomb related) and the southwest (Chinatown, Glover Hill areas). As such, with the tram, its pretty easy to hit up all of the major sights in the city.

All of the staff that I dealt with were polite and helpful. Check-in was easy and quick. The clean, non-smoking room was definitely not as small as most other Japanese hotels that you find for this price. The bathroom was a very good size, with a lot of sink space, which is rare for this price range. One time I smelled something a little strange in the bathroom, but thankfully it did not linger. The bed was a good size, and very comfortable. Free Wifi worked well. The TV had an English channel that was not news (there's a button on the remote that will change the dubbed Japanese to English). I had no issues with noise from the other rooms. There was occasional noise from outside (a karaoke club?), but it wasn't too bad and didn't cause problems with sleeping. There were 2 convenient desktop PCs in the lobby. There were no issues in checking out and using their baggage storage service my last day when I went to grab some champon.

I had dinner once in the restaurant. I ordered one of their pizzas, which was surprisingly good, and the pork skewers were simply superb. Service here was great, like the rest of the hotel. They also had Guinness on tap! Customers staying at the hotel get a small discount, so show them your card key when settling the bill.

Overall a great establishment in a pretty city. If I ever return to this town, I'll definitely be back. Thanks for a fantastic stay Richmond Hotel! =)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank GMK1954
rnt_nagasaki, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Nagasaki Shianbashi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for staying at the Richmond Hotel Nagasaki this time.
You seemed to be able to take a rest during a stay comfortably, I, all the staff felt relieved and big pleasure.
Because the streetcar goes to the tourist attraction of Nagasaki soon, it is really convenient,
and you seemed to be able to help it and I am glad to hear that.
I prepare for various maps at the front desk, and there are several kinds of English maps to be able to help an overseas visitor.
In addition, the meal at the restaurant seemed to be palatable, too and is glad very much.
So that you say, we discount if the guest show a room key.
In addition, we are really glad when you will come to Nagasaki if I stay at our hotel.
We are looking forward to your coming next time heartily.
Thank you very much for having this time you contribute it.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

First Visit in Nagasaki and this hotel serves the best during our stays. Good location, reasonable price, friendly staffs, good amenities, clean room, and good services. I would recommend to stay at this hotel if you`re not driving a car. The entrance road to the hotel is narrow and overcrowded. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying at the Richmond Hotel Nagasaki this time.
All the staff were very glad and read it for words of many praise.
Our hotel is built in the Nagasaki's best downtown, so the visitor coming for the first time thinks whether it is puzzled a little. If you have some worry about that, please ask staff willingly anytime.
Thank you for contributing it this time.
We wait for the day when I can see again heartily.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

It is first time for my wife and I to see Lantern Festival at Nagasaki. We enjoyed our stay very much. Hotel location is good for sightseeing, shopping and eating. Hotel amenity is very good more than our expectation. Especially bath amenity, my wife purchased both shampoo and conditioner. I plan to trip to Nagasaki with my family someday, plan to stat at RIchmond hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Akira M
rnt_nagasaki, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Nagasaki Shianbashi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your staying this time.
We are glad to have you like our hotel.
And also, we read it very delightfully that your wife bought which liked shampoo and a conditioner.
We are all looking forward to seeing you and your family.
Thank you for having you contribute it.
I appreciate your continuous support.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

It deserves it's number one spot. The location is great, you can pretty much get anywhere you want to in the area easily enough. The staff are helpful, the rooms are nice, big and clean and the lobby is very smart as well. Good service , and neither I nor my girlfriend could smell any bad odor.
There is a great little karaoke across the street too, 1000 yen for one hour singing and all you can drink... Very very good sound. Well worth it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple