“Best Champon I've ever had”
Review of Shikairo

Shikairo
Ranked #2 of 2,026 Restaurants in Nagasaki
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Seoul, South Korea
“Best Champon I've ever had”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Shikairo is well known for its Nagasaki Champon. Actually it is known to be the first place to sell the Nagasaki style champon. Because of it's reputation I was looking forward to visiting Shikairo and I was glad that I did. I was used to the red spicy champon but the champon at Shikairo was not so spicy and had a lot of seafood in it. The Champon had a rich seafood flavor and was the best Champon I ever had. If I have a chance to visit Nagasaki again, I’ll definitely return to Shikairo.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank pooky34

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nagasaki, Japan
“Best champon I've had in Nagasaki”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is supposed to the be restaurant that virtually invented Champon and Saraudon in it's current form. I'm not sure how much of that is true, but they do a darn good job at it!

The menu isn't large, but the portions are! Although it is a little more pricey than other champon places, the view and staff more than make up for the difference! Not to mention the food itself, which had more depth than other Champons I have eaten. There are several other dishes as well, which all look small on the menu but are actually very large. One is easily enough for one person. I recommend you try the Sweat and Sour Pork with Lettuce, very nice!

Although it can be a bit touristy at times, you can't go wrong here. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank travisler
Austin, Texas
“short menu but excellent chinese cuisine with a stuning view”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by the view on Nagasaki harbor which wasn't mentioned in the guide. Of course we tried the Chanpon which was worth it. The spicy shrimp was good as well. at the bottom of the Glover Garden access ramp this restaurant is easy to find. recommended.