Mt. Inasa
and up
Private Nagasaki Custom Full-Day Tour by Chartered Vehicle
Ranked #2 of 285 things to do in Nagasaki
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It's quite a long walk from tram station, and the cable car up to the top of Mt.Inasa was so expensive. Anyway, the view I saw from the observatory at the summit was worth everything I spent on the way here. There're a long round bench that I could take a seat and watch the beautiful view as long as I want to til the closing time. I sat there and had my chocolate while waiting for the sunset and one of the most beautiful night view on earth. I felt very peaceful there and the night view didn't disappoint me at all. Btw, at night, the weather up there could be a bit cold although it's summer, so bringing your scarf with you would be a good decision.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hop into a No 3 or 4 bus from outside the train station and it will take you to the stop at the bottom of the hill. Walk for about 5 minutes and find yourself at the ropeway station.

Go early and miss the crowds going up.

The ride is slow enough to get some good photos if you are not crowded in and if the weather is good. There is an English and Japanese commentary as you take the ride.

On arrival at the top you need to climb some steps and walk for about 5 minutes to reach the observation platforms and tower which has a set of ramps to walk to the top or use the elevator.

Prime photo positions are taken early and you will find as it gets towards dark the upper platform becomes very crowded.

If the weather is cool make sure you are well wrapped in a jacket or jumper as the wind is very cold.

The view of the harbor and town as the lights come on is worth the effort.

3  Thank DavidMMc56
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It involves a bit of a walk to to get to, but the view is definitely one of the highlights of Nagasaki, and definitely worth the trouble. Make sure you have a little time to spare, the cable car can take a while to get on, if it's busy, in both directions. The view is panoramic, taking in both the sea and the city. Dusk is especially recommended.

1  Thank Gaffin S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Quite a walk (20-30 mins) from the tram station to the ropeway station. Supposed to be a millionaire dollar view - I would agree if it's just Nagasaki, but within Asia, Hong Kong or even Singapore has much a better night scenery.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to head up here on our first night in Nagasaki and it was definitely our best idea.
From Nagasaki train station, take the no. 3 or 4 bus and get off at the Ropewaymae bus station. We didn't have any problem getting there or back after sunset.
The cable car up is very informative and told us that Nagasaki is in the top three city nightscapes along with HK and Monaco. Having been to HK and having had awful weather where I couldn't see a single light, we were very fortunate to have clear skies and the view was spectacular. 360 degree views including the port.
Well worth a trip!