“friendly staffs”
Review of Hostel Casa Noda

Hostel Casa Noda
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I arrived Nagasaki without any room booked.
It was raining and I was on my bike trip.
A nice American pass by told me the best hostel in Nagasaki is just a short. Walk from the train station.
I was greeted by a young lady named Misaki,who spoke perfect English and begin to help me to carry my bike bags up to the second floor office.
Then she came back down again and help me for the rest of my stuffs so I can carry my bike with only one trip up the hostel.
This hostel is spotless clean, I stay in the 10 bedsDorm room with it own toilet, shower room and separate wash sink.
Even with 10 bed the room feel spacious.
The common room is one floor down with sitting area and kitchen.
For $1you can use their washing machine and dry them on the top floor which also have sitting if you want to relax up in a open space.
Breakfast are free with simple toast and a boil egg
Being is super comfort with you own light and outlet for recharging.
Over all a very present place to stay and I am highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Choose dorm bed with taller head room feel Moore specious
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We spent two nights here during our trip to Nagasaki. The owner was very welcoming from the moment we opened the door. He gave us a discount card for major tourist attractions, carried our suitcase all the way up and was very helpful with directions.

Our room was one of the two private rooms on the top floor with ensuite shower which I can definitely recommend. Beds were comfy, the harbour view great and we were surpised by the room size (very spacious for Japanese standards).

Locationwise, Casa Noda is just a five minute walk from Nagasaki station. The streetcar stop in forn of the hostel provides easy access to all places of interest.

The complimentary breakfast consited of tea, bread with jam and an egg. There are facilities to do your laundry, a towel rental is available at 100 Yen.

Note that Casa Noda does not accept any credit cards, so make sure you bring along enough cash. It is really worth to spend the extra money on the private room. We experienced Casa Noda as a welcoming, laid-back place. We would stay here again though both of us are not the traveler going for hostels.

Room Tip: Go for one of the private rooms on the top floor. Apart form the nice view they provide space!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lasse23
casanoda, マネージャー at Hostel Casa Noda, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2016

Thank you for staying at Hostel Casa Noda.
We are very happy that you seem you enjoyed Casa Noda and Nagasaki.

We are trying to improve our services day by day.
Now we became to be able to accept credit cards. So if our guest don't have any cash, we can be paid by it.

We are thinking about something new. So if you have another chance to visit Nagasaki, please let us know again!

Thank you for giving us your feedback.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am not a fan of hostels but Casa Noda changed my mind. Staying there feels like home. The colorful ambiance with all the bold colors was a nice welcoming site. The staff was very friendly too and gave the guests recommendation on where to go if asked.
The hostel offers a bread / jam breakfast which is a good idea. The place is very accessible to the stations and some tourist spots.
Your money's value is definitely worth it.
Wish the toilet in the mixed room has a washlet though.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank totomai m
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hostel!

We stayed in a private twin room that was spacious, nicely decorated and with a beautiful view of the port. Our room was on the 5th floor, but the staff kindly helped bring up our very heavy luggage (all those stairs!).

The room had an ensuite shower and toilet. There was air conditioning, a mirror and spare blankets. The beds were comfortable!

The hostel provided breakfast of toast, jam and boiled eggs. We also received a discount card for many of the tourist attractions (eg. inasa-yama ropeway discounted from 1200 to 600 yen!). I would definitely stay again :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was hearing only good stuff about Casa Noda as I was going down the Japan, and I was very lucky to find a bed even during the Golden week and I was lucky!
Casa Noda is perfect, especially because of the awesome staff. Owner and his wife will make you feel like at home. They even drove me to the Fukunoyu onsen, that shows how nice everybody there is:) and recommended many local gems (onsens, restaurants, sights).

Nice common area, fast wifi or you can use a Mac.

Location is great as well, walking distance everywhere.

I am not so fond of bathroom inside the dormitory but it was just fine. Rooms were cleaned daily. Locker provided.

Have to come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My Son and I recently spent 2 nights here as we visited Nagasaki. What a lovely welcoming place. The hosts were simply, very warm and were very helpful. The free breakfast was an added bonus. Definitely recommend Casa Noda when visiting Nagasaki.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth61Melbourne
Reviewed 28 July 2013

There is a level of comfort from soft mattresses,
and darkness at night, without a white fluoresce.
After hostels and hostels finally darkness. Azamas.

But the beds' thinness was
compensated entirely by a generous and wonderful man,
offering free breakfast and most else.

His Father's sweet liquor awakened
the honey soaked kitsune, soon to tend our throats.
We had pretty bad inflammation.

Sometimes lightning strikes Nagasaki,
washing the city lights that were vivid from the mountain.
The islands, at points, merged with the clouds.

Our trip is better for this stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends