“Great hostel”
Review of Hostel Casa Noda

Hostel Casa Noda
“Great hostel”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four nights in a twin room with bathroom on the fifth floor. The room had a great view. I can't complain about the room. It had everything you'd expect. Casa Noda is close to the train station. There is a tram stop almost in front of it. The tram system is very easy to use. Everywere there are great places to eat. Almost next door is a small sandwich shop, realy inexpensif and great quality. If you like to sit on a terrace and have a 'mediterranean' holiday feeling, go to Dejima wharf. Yet again close to the hostel. The owner is a very kind and helpful guy. I'm all positif about this place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luc D
casanoda, マネージャー at Hostel Casa Noda, responded to this review, 1 May 2016
Thank you for staying at Hostel Casa Noda.
We are glad that you are satisfied with our hostel and services. We really recommend the private room. You can see great view of Nagasaki port from the room.

Casa Noda is on a wonderful position. You can find many good restaurants nearby, and very convenient to visit many attractions in Nagasaki. If you have any place which you couldn't visit this time, please come back and stay at our hostel again!

We look forward to seeing you again!
Thank you for giving us your feedback.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Incredibly easy to find from the train station, Casa Noda has a good location in the city and is literally across the street from a convenient tram stop. The dorms were well-maintained, and the common room is a cool place to hang out. Shinji was an awesome host who helped me figure out how to get to places of interest.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alex8082014
casanoda, マネージャー at Hostel Casa Noda, responded to this review, 19 May 2016
Thank you for staying at Hostel Casa Noda.
How was your Nagasaki stay?

Our hostel is located at the very convenient place to go many attractions in Nagasaki.
We are trying to improve our services day by day so that our guests can be pleased.

Common room is very good place to get some travel tips from other guests and talk about many things what our guests have done so far. We think it is one of our strong point.

Thank you so much for your feed back.
If you have another chance to visit Nagasaki, please let us know!

We hope to see you again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed for two nights in the main dorm room. The hostel is on a main road and didn't have very good blinds. So he nights were bright and noisy.
The staff were friendly and were happy to give information about the hostel and the town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SimonsTravelau
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The hostel is located within walking distance of Nagasaki JR station and is easy to locate.

Staff were extremely friendly and the lobby/lounge felt very homely. While the free breakfast consisting of egg and toast was simple, it was a nice gesture.

I stayed in an 8-bed female dorm and it was so spacious, I'm pretty sure they could have accommodated another 4 beds without an issue. The room was also well-ventilated as well which was a plus for me.

Facilities wise, while it is not as new as other hostels I've stayed in, cleanliness is top notch. I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I arrived Nagasaki without any room booked.
It was raining and I was on my bike trip.
A nice American pass by told me the best hostel in Nagasaki is just a short. Walk from the train station.
I was greeted by a young lady named Misaki,who spoke perfect English and begin to help me to carry my bike bags up to the second floor office.
Then she came back down again and help me for the rest of my stuffs so I can carry my bike with only one trip up the hostel.
This hostel is spotless clean, I stay in the 10 bedsDorm room with it own toilet, shower room and separate wash sink.
Even with 10 bed the room feel spacious.
The common room is one floor down with sitting area and kitchen.
For $1you can use their washing machine and dry them on the top floor which also have sitting if you want to relax up in a open space.
Breakfast are free with simple toast and a boil egg
Being is super comfort with you own light and outlet for recharging.
Over all a very present place to stay and I am highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Choose dorm bed with taller head room feel Moore specious
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We spent two nights here during our trip to Nagasaki. The owner was very welcoming from the moment we opened the door. He gave us a discount card for major tourist attractions, carried our suitcase all the way up and was very helpful with directions.

Our room was one of the two private rooms on the top floor with ensuite shower which I can definitely recommend. Beds were comfy, the harbour view great and we were surpised by the room size (very spacious for Japanese standards).

Locationwise, Casa Noda is just a five minute walk from Nagasaki station. The streetcar stop in forn of the hostel provides easy access to all places of interest.

The complimentary breakfast consited of tea, bread with jam and an egg. There are facilities to do your laundry, a towel rental is available at 100 Yen.

Note that Casa Noda does not accept any credit cards, so make sure you bring along enough cash. It is really worth to spend the extra money on the private room. We experienced Casa Noda as a welcoming, laid-back place. We would stay here again though both of us are not the traveler going for hostels.

Room Tip: Go for one of the private rooms on the top floor. Apart form the nice view they provide space!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lasse23
casanoda, マネージャー at Hostel Casa Noda, responded to this review, 1 May 2016
Thank you for staying at Hostel Casa Noda.
We are very happy that you seem you enjoyed Casa Noda and Nagasaki.

We are trying to improve our services day by day.
Now we became to be able to accept credit cards. So if our guest don't have any cash, we can be paid by it.

We are thinking about something new. So if you have another chance to visit Nagasaki, please let us know again!

Thank you for giving us your feedback.
Hope to see you again.
Chiba, Japan
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am not a fan of hostels but Casa Noda changed my mind. Staying there feels like home. The colorful ambiance with all the bold colors was a nice welcoming site. The staff was very friendly too and gave the guests recommendation on where to go if asked.
The hostel offers a bread / jam breakfast which is a good idea. The place is very accessible to the stations and some tourist spots.
Your money's value is definitely worth it.
Wish the toilet in the mixed room has a washlet though.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends