“Best Hotel in Albemarle NC”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Albemarle
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Clean, courteous, friendly, accommodating - everything you'd want in a stay at a hotel. When we arrived at the front desk at 8:00 in the evening, we were greeted by our name along with a very friendly "we've been waiting for you". If that doesn't make you feel right at home, I don't know what does. I've never had that happen before and the greeting by the reception employees was very sincere. I can't even tell you how welcoming that was, but it was huge!!

Having a wonderful hot breakfast to choose from (rather than finding a restaurant in the morning) was a very nice option for us. Again, very friendly staff everywhere, very clean. Everything was exceptional. What a great option to have if you have the time to relax. Also, we have to say that the beds were amazing. So very comfortable, crisp and clean - easy to get a good night's sleep. The rate was the best in the area (we chose to book the non-refundable rate directly from the hotel). It was the cheapest overall - (we looked at Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, etc. and nothing compared to direct from the hotel).

We would highly HIGHLY recommend staying at the Quality Inn in Albemarle and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sweety H

Reviewed 29 May 2013

The room was okay, but it gave the impression that it HAD been nice at one point. The furnishings were in ill-repair (split fabric on one of the chairs, drawers broken, etc.). They offered free hot breakfast, which was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. The orange juice appeared to be cut with water by more than half (we could see through it). Very disappointing. It appeared to have maybe been a much nicer place, but after being bought by the current owners, they are operating it as cheaply as possible. We were staying 2 nights. The first morning, we were getting ready to leave for the day, but not check-out. They knocked on our door 3 times to ask if they could clean the room. There was no "do not disturb" door hanger so we kept answering the door and telling them to come back later. I'm sorry if all the other guests have checks out, but we weren't ready to leave for the day. When we did leave, they had parked the cleaning cart right in front of our door. Very rude.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is not what i expected from Quality Inn, i do a lot of traveling and for what i payed for this room,this is just a bad deal first of all i was unable to secure the exterior door with out lifting up on the handle to get it lock,which left gaps all the way around,furniture is old the desk allmost collapsed the tv old and breakfast well that was just disgusting

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I found bed bugs on my pillow and the refund policy penalised me for having pre-booked so many days! I will never stay there again the refund they gave me was only one day but I lost more than one day with washing all my stuff and moving it to the car! I am a travelling salesperson as well as journalist and I had both gear and inventory that was effected by the infestation. The refund that was offered barely covered just the replacement cost of the inventory I lost! Not to mention the two days of sales that I lost and two days of events that I had pre-paid to attend that I was unable to attend because I was at hotel doing laundry! While the staff was nice and the breakfast was good, if there is any way that you can avoid this infested hotel I recommend so doing, and if you must stay here - do NOT bring anything into your room! Also the pool was dirty and the first room I was in had a broken lock so no security.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sasha X
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The staff cares about the guests and the beds are really comfortable. Other local hotels/motels could learn from these folks. They are helpful and polite to their guests. The ammenities equal or exceed the other hotels/motels in this same chain.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank FAMILYTRIPPER729
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Fine for an overnight...no issues at all.

I was on my own and so got a good deal from the manager (Avi?) who was friendly and welcoming to me.

The room was as expected, nothing exceptional, so hence the average rating.

It was, as expected, clean and comfy and so I slept well. clean bathroom and overall a well run motel.

This is a decent motel for the price and I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Harleyclarkey
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Needed some where to stay in Albemarle when a dance competition was scheduled at the last minute...everything was booked and was honestly kind of scared to stay here after reading the reviews! But with no other choice traveled on and when we arrived asked to first look at the rooms before checking in... the manager agreed and we checked out the room. The motel is an older motel but the main thing for me it is CLEAN! Our room was on the second floor (no elevators) and I would request 2nd floor due to doors opening to the outside...its just a security thing? When we opened the door much to our surprise the room smelled clean..NO ODORS. After all the checks we were happy with what we saw and was able to stay! Again it is an older motel and could use a face lift but my man concern is CLEAN! My only negative is the water pressure is very poor!! They offer a breakfast in the morning...Waffle machine, sausage, eggs, bagels, and cereal. Lots of choices! They also gave us a great discount rate because so many in our dance group had to stay here. I am very happy we went with the Quality Inn the manager was very nice and we would stay here again if we find ourselves back for another competition.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank angelofamom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albemarle
Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites
#18 of 26 in Concord
Roadway Inn
Roadway Inn
#1 of 1 in Troy

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!