“Clean and Good Malaysian food”
Review of Madam Kwan's

Madam Kwan's
Ranked #650 of 4,102 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Clean and Good Malaysian food”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Its very kopitiam-ish but unlike Old town, it actually tastes good. Madam Kwan is famous for their nasi lemak and I believe their toasted bread is good too( best to dip in a hot drink)...

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Houston, Texas
“Great traditional malay food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Very good malay food at reasonable prices and fast service. Madam kwans is a chain franchise found in many mall outlets. Good place for lunch. The service was a little poor due to language issues.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Highly Recommended by My Nephew's Wife”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were supposed to be at a certain bus stop at a certain time and we were sort of rushing to have lunch. My nephew's wife, Stella, suggested we try lunch at Madam Kwan because they love the food there. So we did but they were still closed when we came. The man told us they were still close. But a few minutes later, he decided to open the door and let us in before the opening time. Were we glad! And then they immediately took our order when we sat down. Great service!

Since we weren't really familiar with Malaysian food, Stella ordered for us. We had the famous Nasi Lemak and shared it. I specially loved the coconut curry braised chicken and it had pickled cucumbers which I love with any food. We like our food with anything pickled! She also ordered the claypot tofu and beef rendang. Beef was soft and my favorite was the spicy okras. Healthy and just very well spiced and I love it. Some people don't like to eat okras but we all just loved it.

We didn't have time to have dessert because we were full by the time we finished the food. I would have loved to try their dessert! We were also rushing to get to our next tour.

I'd love to go back and try a few more dishes. What I love about their food are the sauces. Mixed with the rice, it's just so delicious!

Too bad we only have one Malaysian restaurant in Bethesda! I will surely miss Madam Kwan's special dishes and I know I will crave for it.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Parisbreakfast
Singapore, Singapore
“Malaysian food the way you want it”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Take it..eat it..love it...malay food/malaysian food never tasted this good consistently! Good selection of malaysian favourites to choose from...highly recommended! The rendang is excellent..as is the nasi lemak and chicken curry! And don't forget to try the ABC or Cendol!

Visited March 2014
New Delhi, India
“Yummy food at good price”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Was in KL for 2 days and had food here twice....very nice wholesome food at very affordable prices.
Service was quick and food fresh and tasty

Visited August 2013