“All the hype was for nothing.”

The Magnificent Fish & Chips Bar
Ranked #143 of 4,430 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Honestly, I decided to try this place out with my Singaporean friend as we were staying around Changkat that weekend. I've heard so much hype about this place that my expectations were set quite high. I was ready to eat and get it over with. I tried Barramundi fish while my friend ordered the Butterfish. Quite frankly, I think it is way too pricey for fish and chips. RM30 and above? Really? When it came, the portion was big I must admit. They served an array of sauces alongside as well for some added kick. Cut into the fish, tasted and.... was disappointed. Fish was fairly fresh.. Batter was plain.. But the overall fish and batter was tasteless.. I tried the Butterfish from my friend. Hers was seasoned fortunately. They gave us a hefty amount of big fries... It was just OK as well.. But then, we started to realise that it was not even cooked enough.. It was hard. Tsk.. Tsk..

Did I mention that I had to change my drink..? There was a small piece of grass in it.. LOL

I would not recommend this to anyone anymore.

1  Thank Norry_Lyn

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I ordered fish and chips and the chips were old and had been heated up. I told the waitress about this, she hardly even bothered to acknowledge it. I waited for the bill and they charged me to total fee even though I didn't eat the chips. I'm never going there again. No customer service, ignorant staff, poor food! She probably thought I was a 2 week tourist and even if I was the whole experience was dissapointing! Do't bother wasting your money! I wish I'd have taken a photo of this crap to show ya'll!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I used to go here quite a couple of times when I used to live in KL last year. I always had the fish and chips with Cod fish and it has always been fantastic! Quite a big portion but well worth the price. We would also order the oysters to share with my family and it was simply delicious. If you have room for dessert then I suggest to order the bread and butter pudding, you won't regret it.

Staff here is extremely nice and friendly here and the service is great! Might come off a bit pricey but I never found KL to be cheap anyways. I will definitely come back here when I visit KL sometime.

1  Thank JulM90
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Have the fish and chips made with Cod fish, you have a few choices of fish, but the cod is tender, sweet and cooked in a light delicious batter. We needed some comfort food after a day of traveling and this dinner was perfect. They even have the malt vinegar! Love sitting outside and and people watching while we eat. The only downside is I think that the beer is over priced, don't think they should over charge to have a few pints.

1  Thank gigigolf
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I had our Sunday lunch here the other week, he had Roast Lamb with all the trimmings (apart from the mint sauce??) which he said was very good, I had fish & chips which I have to say was delicious, it was so meaty and tasty, very very fresh.
This place is certainly worth a visit..