“Good food and service ”
Review of Rakuzen

Rakuzen
Ranked #2,707 of 4,562 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rakuzen is committed to providing genuine Japanese food at affordable prices, in cosy ambience, such that patrons of all levels and ages can enjoy dining with us in a warm, friendly, welcoming & homely environment. Our menu provides a wide selection of sushi, sashimi and range from seasonal dishes to exclusive personalized omakase sets, to give our patrons a very unique Rakuzen dining experience.
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We went to Rakuzen at Publika in Solaris Dutamas. Service was fast and efficient for 6 of us. No complaints on the food. Had several sets of maki and lunch sets. Pleasant experience. Would definitely return to this place!

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent food choice and quality for a fair price. Kind and fairly quick service. Just one thing, bring a sweatshirt...it's pretty cold.
Highly recommended

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Rakuzen Plaza Damas is our Saturday lunch ritual before my daughter's piano lesson at Peony music school which is located at the same vicinity.

On our last visit I was a little disappointed with the service and the flexibility in our ordering.

I ordered the hot pot lunch set and requested to swap the rice with a small portion of Udon noodles on the side. The waiter (no basic English) immediately informed me that there will be a surcharge of RM8. I agreed to it with no questions asked. Before confirming my order, I wanted to swap my normal udon based soup to a spicy miso soup but was told by the manager that I would have to pay an additional RM5 to change the soup base. In their normal ala-carte you have the option to select the time of soup but not in the lunch set. By this time I felt that is was a little too overwhelming to swap my rice for udon noodles and pay RM8 + RM5 to change the flavour of my soup. RM13 is not a lot but for plain noodles and spicy soup it does sound a little over the top.

I said no to the soup and proceed with the rest. We waited for quite some time for everything to arrive especially my daughter's Gindara set which was ordered the minute we sat down yet it was the last to arrive.

Basically it was one those days when things can go wrong with customer but I do believe a little effort in customer service can go a very long way.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Food is very good, enjoyed the baked scallop, cod fish, tempura, baked fish head! shasimi! all the regular japanese food! service is good, staff are young but attentive and refill drinks promptly even when we are in a private room . definately will be back.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Rakuzen has become my favourite not only because its location (Rakuzen at Publika) but also their food menu. Taste is oishi (delicious). Fresh & authentic particularly their soba, udon, nabe, tempura, sushi, sashimi and many more has similiarity with the food in Japan! Rakuzen also has Japanese chef on sushi counter so anything on this counter guarantee same taste like in Japan! Price is good too. One person eating set meal cost RM20-RM40. My favourite here are Nabeyaki udon, gindara, sashimi & tempura. Operating hour until 10pm but walk in as late as 10pm they will still accept you! Ambience & indoor design was average. Bright, lots of wooden design & clean. Service quite above average considering it is always full. Waiting time not too long if you are in the queu. Plus, walk to the mall they will call you when your table is ready. Some staff are very friendly & attentive. Highly recomended