“Superb location”
Review of ANSA Kuala Lumpur

ANSA Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #68 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I was a it sceptical when first booked this hotel and reading some previous reviews was unsure whether this was a good hotel. To my surprise was very happy with whole holiday.
The location is superb you dont need taxi or even use the monorail for the main attractions and shopping malls as thye are all in walking distance, even the petrona towers are 15 min walk. The hotel itself was very clean, contemporary and good service although we did not really require much assistance apart from checkin in & out which went smoothly. Also we booked a day trip tour with the hotel which was a bit of a a disappointment itself and you are better looking at other tour companies who offer better tours and are cheaper.
The area of this hotel is buzzing at night and you dont get to sleep until 1am....

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ahhhhhhhUae
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 20 December 2010

Booked 4 Superior Rooms via Zuji at a great price and check-in at 1:30pm. Were pleasant surprised that was upgraded to Deluxe Room for free. 2 rooms were immediately ready while the other two was ready by 3pm. Service was pleasant and front desk and concierge were willing to offer assistance.

Rooms were as accurate as the pictures posted on their official website. Very clean, new and very modern facilities. Safe, 2 bottles of drinking water and refrigerator are available in each room. Twin-bedded and yet has ample walking space. Toothbrush and shaver not provided so do bring your own. Liked the bed-linens and 2 fluffy pillows alot.

The fish spa at second floor was worth the try and good value. Did not try the wi-fi and restaurants so cant comment much. KL Hop On bus is right at the door step. One good thing is the lobby is very quiet and never too busy or crowded. However, there is no swimming pool in the hotel.

Location was right smack in the heart of the shopping district of Bukit Bintang. Situated right next to a couple of malls including Lot 10 and Farenheit 88. Less than 1 min from hotel to the foodcourt that sells great local food at Lot 10 basement. It takes only 3 mins walk from monorail station, and 5 min walk to the Sungei Wang, BB Plaza, and the famous hawker street Jalan Alor. Even it rained during our trip, we have no problem getting around without getting soaking wet.

The minor technical glitch was the safe box fail to open upon our check-out, but it was quickly remedied by the hotel manager, so no big deal. It could be recommended to provided also hot water/cold water dispenser at every level for convenience.

All of us were pleasantly pleased with Piccolo Hotel and we really had a great and fun time staying at Piccolo. I would really strongly recommend this hotel, if you are into shopping and wanted an edgy urban modern experience! Fantastic!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank urbanmale_tods
Reviewed 8 December 2010

i stayed 2 night in this hotel.
internet was out of order.
I checked in at 4 pm and at 4.15 i called the reception telling them about the problem with internet..
answer : we will send you our IT manager.
30 mn later nobody, no news.
calling back.... he is on the way... 15 mn later still nobody.... went to to the reception... he is on the way.... back to the room... an other 15 mn... the IT came, spend 20 mn in my room, went to restart the system.....still waiting an other 30 mn .. and then Intenet works for a few hours.

back to the hotel at 1 am.. no more internet
calling the duty manager... anwer : I will call you back.. but nobody called back
in the morning at 8 am I went to the reception and it took an other hour to find the solution...
later in the day coming back after a day work at 4.30 pm the room was not cleaned.
they gave me an other room... but smaller.

nice way to say "sorry"

will not return again, very very bad service.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JCSChine
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I had booked a deluxe room at Piccolo Hotel, just opp Grand Millennium Hotel and diagionally opp The Pavilion and next to Lot 10. Fantastic location, I would say but must request for higher floors as the bar in the hotel ground floor which does not belong to the hotel though is quite noisy at night. I can still a bit of the noise on my room at Level 6. I may be given a superior room though having paid extra for a deluxe room as my friend who went there at my recommendation told me her room is so much bigger than mine. No response from the hotel too having emailed to check with them on the difference between their superior and deluxe rooms. Breakfast was served in their ballroom on Level 2 as they do not have any cafe of their own. Simple fare and a standalone station with someone flying eggs for you. Coffee can be quite diluted though.
Room is fantastic though I find that it may not be suitable for friends to stay cos the bathroom is too small for your clothes to be hanged inside and you'll need to come out to put on your clothes. Writing desk is also too small for 2 people to share and the wireless internet is always not working, even with the use of the internet cable. So even though the internet comes free, I hardly able to access it.
Met a friendly cab driver called Robert, just outside the hotel whose cab is always parked outside the hotel, catering for the hotel guests it seemed. Charges RM70 for trip to KLIA.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank SmurfSingapore
Reviewed 26 November 2010

The hotel is in a good location, close to some major shopping malls, food eateries, Jalan Alor, and movie theaters. However, the entire stay the internet connection was terrible. The hotel has subscribed to a poor low mb/sec service. So if you are a business traveler and need reliable access to the internet, you must must must look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank howardchang79
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I've been traveling lots of asia this past year. There were the "passable, but if i have to chase one more millipede out of the tub..." and the "Darnit, but I think the floor is softer to sleep on...but I've seen homeless ppl back home with nicer carpet samples under their heads." So I'm rating everything in relative terms. We paid about $66 usd per night, and this includes the free wifi. No breakfast. The lobby was modern, and service was good. They wouldn't allow us to check in earlier...though we had less than one hour of sleep the night before, we walked around the city til 1pm (check-in time). It wasn't bad at all, since the hotel is in the bukit bintang area...lots of restaurants and malls. The front desk service ppl were nice. The only thing was there was only one girl working, so we had to wait a bit. But we finally got to our room, and it was nice and modern. There was a flat screen tv recessed into the wall. Lots of mirrors and a big window with an amazing view of the KL tower. Toiletries provided. The only thing (and i've seen this at other asian hotels) is that the only thing separating the bathroom from the rest was a glass panel. Here, the panel reached the ceiling somewhat, so you were afforded an iota more of privacy...but you can imagine how uncomfortable things could get sometimes. The shower and toilet were in their separate glassed areas. The shower head was the rain type...very nice pressure and heats up quickly. You don't have to push a button and wait for the water to heat up 20min later. The a/c was central and quickly cooled the room. There were no bed bugs. the noise from street level was still apparent though were were on the 10th fl. Not a big deal. This hotel would've been perfect for us had it not been that the wireless was out for the vast majority of the time we were there. I will be asking for a refund for those days, since wifi was a big reason we chose this hotel. I have read in prior posts that this hotel had more glorious days. I'm used to budget traveling, and this was actually a treat for us. The best place we've stayed in asia so far. And for such a nice price compared to the u.s. There is a bar downstairs, but not the most happening scene.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I stayed here for 1 night during my short break to KL, i found that its exceptional in that it has a great location on bukit bintang, located very near to lot 10 as well as pavilion shopping center. The staff were v friendly and courteous and the hotel was in good condition. However, my complaint will be that at night due to the centralised location, there is alot of noise coming from the streets down below, perhaps installing noise-proof windows will help? Also, the sink is in the room and I think its kinda weird and im not really used to it, I'd still prefer the sink in the toilet/bath, but oh well, its up to individual preference...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo