“best choice and quality for cocktails , great service”

twenty-one kitchen+bar
Ranked #255 of 4,683 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were swept inside by staff promising cocktails promotions on a Sunday night – and they were not wrong
The cocktail list was amazing to start with and the quality of the drinks and the great service sitting upstairs on the balcony meant we stayed and put a serious dent in their cocktail menu
We were not here late when the street gets crazy busy and noisy but even on a Sunday night there is a decent crowd to watch
The food menu for us reminded us of the food we eat at home so we did not try anything
Looking forward to our next visit

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Great food at reasonable prices. Nice ambience on balcony at night. Chicken tika marsala and meringue dessert were delicious.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Have been to this place many times now (mostly for lunch) and I have tried many of the dishes. So far I have enjoyed every meal. The atmosphere is relaxed and interior modern. Prices for lunch are very good (fair at night) and the service is also ok.

Would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

For years Twenty One have had the best lunch deal in town. Unfortunately the last couple of months, the portions have been getting consistently smaller and smaller to a point where a fish burger now is mostly potatoes, burger bun and a few tiny dry bits of fish. For RM 20 that is no longer a good deal. I told the manager that it wasn't good any longer, but that didn't seem to concern him much. Anyway, I'm sure the owners have ordered cost cutting at the obvious expense of the loyal customers.

2  Thank lbthomsen
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Came here with my girlfriend, some strong culinary skills in the kitchen. A tough location to be serving what is effectively fine dining cuisine along a popular drinking street.

Started with leek and potato soup, asparagus wrapped in bacon (beef), and garlic bread. Topped off with three cheese pasta and rack of lamb chops (special). All cooked well, pasta in particular was delicious.

Wine was fine and cocktails were decent too. Service was friendly and generally helpful although sometimes the eyes were staring at the floor rather than scanning the room.

I feel like we should've enjoyed this more but I think eating on a Friday night - people walking in and out from the upstairs club and a mixture of three different songs attacking your drums doesn't help contribute positively to the dining experience.

There were a lot of nice little touches to the place, some of the wording on the menu is adorable, and I applaud the attempted fusion of bar and club atmosphere with good quality grub but I think it falls wide off the mark as there's just too much exposure on the club side of things.

I would go back here but on a weekday evening where you'd maybe get the chance for a more intimate meal.