“Originally Malaysian...”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have been here many times and it was never a dissapoinment. It serves Malay authentic dishes located in Bangsar. It is jointly owned by a famous celebrity chef, Chef Ismail and our astronaut, Dato’s Sheikh Muzaffar. Most of the time, Chef Ismail personally welcomes his customers and chatted casually with them. This personal touch is so sweet and something that we could not find easily at restaurant owned by a celebrity.
Whatever food that you could find here is delicious and worth every price that you pay for them. It is available on ala-carte or buffet.
The spread comes in varieties and it is difficult for one person to try everything within one meal.
Prior reservation is recommended because this restaurant is always full especially during fasting month. Rooms are available for private dining.
Highly recommended to Malaysian Food lovers and who would like to try out Authentic Malaysian cuisine. You could never be disappointed with the good taste.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We went to this restaurant based on a FaceBook post recommending it. We chose te Buffet set and forgot about ordeing a la carte as the buffet spread was too tempting. So, the spread is varied, with classic staples of the Malay cuisine and also live cooking (roti jhala, pisang goreng, ayam goreng, ...). The food is extremely fresh and refined. I can still remember the Beef Rendang and it sweet and spicy taste. Even the Kuehs (deserts) were varied and representative of traditional malay cuisine. The price was also reasonable given the quality/quantity ratio.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I visited the restaurant with friends from aboard, who wanted to sample typical Malay food. We opted for the buffet and we were impressed with the wide selection available. The ulam/salad section was great with choices. The was food tasty and staff were very attentive. Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank ka638
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We were all looking forward to break our fast in this usually nice Malay restaurant. The buffet was spread out over several halls within the restaurant premises but obviously staff could not cope with the logistics. Choice of food was limited where we sat, less items than in the "main"hall, overall the quality of the food was not great, just ok. The bucuk paku with beansprouts kerabu was stale, other curry items did contain only bones and no meat. The service was despicable. Food was not replenished in time, sometimes not at all, waiters did not clear the tables and a cleaning women even touched the buffet food and threw it back in to the buffet. Unbelievable. The restaurant used students from a local college as servers but they were completely out of their wits. The owner was, at least where we sat, not to be seen, although he was in the premises. More oversight on his part would have been helpful. Especially during Ramadan.

2  Thank hajaku
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had a dinner invitation here in April 2012. My first thought was about the jam and the parking space. After office hours, the road was so packed with cars 9since the road was quite small), and the parking spaces were very limited. I was a bit lucky to get a spot in front of the restaurant itself. In terms of food, I felt that there was nothing special about the food except that it has a lot of choices for Malay food. So if you are not into authentic Malay kampung food, then this place will be a 'nightmare' for you as there was not even one Western food here. I do agree that they have a variety of Malay food here but as we all know, Malay food mostly consists of coconut milk, spices and chillis, as well as very oily! Personally, I could not stomach all those Malay food because it is too oily. Thus I personally did not really enjoy it much as I was not able to eat any Western food here (which is my favourite). I do like satay. However, when I wanted to have satay, they were limited satays, and I had to wait to have my satay as they just started grilling them (same as other grilled items). I like the ABC (who doesn't?). As for the kuih, I didn't really take that many as they were not tempting enough. The taste? It was good, but not excellent. Overall, I would prefer to go to a hotel and have its buffet as I can have more varieties and not only Malay food.