“Heaven on earth”

Ranked #214 of 4,397 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Come and join us for a mouth watering and delicious meal at OZEKI, the best japanese cuisine in kuala lumpur.
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've been in so many japanese restaurants.,and as I can say this ozeki was the heaven on earth experience. The food was really good, it never disappointed my tastebuds. As you enter the door you'll get amazed by the warmest welcome "Irrashaimase" The service was really amazing they we're all friendly, a smile that never lasts. They know what you really want. A MUST TRY restaurant! !

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was anticipating a nice japanese lunch ala the expected Ozeki standard, but alas was seriously let down. The service staff seemed to be new and inattentive, in spite of only a few tables occupied. Had to attract their attention to get a refill of Ocha.

I ordered the Unagi lucnh set. The unagi is only just passable, the sauce is too sweet without any fragrance. The wait staff omitted giving the japanese pepper pot for this set and I had to request. The 6 slices of sashimi were not arranged nicely, kind of flopping on the side.

Looking around the restaurant it has not have a renovation since it opened its doors in late 1990's, really due for a reno and a sprucing up the kitchen quality. I did not see any senior head chefs in the kitchen.

1  Thank PerthVince_K
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We were in a bit of a hurry and so we looked for a restaurant near our hotel. This gem popped up in our online search.

It was my first time and I was very impressed at both the level of service as well as the quality of the food. We had in mind to have a quick bite, but the "new style" sashimi was so good, we ended up ordering two plates. Then we added some desserts and coffee and so it came to pass that we were the last people to leave the restaurant after lunch at 3 PM.

We'll definitely check out this place the next time we are in KL.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

This place is in our neighbourhood and so is convenient and more importantly, has a fabulous vibe with quality waiting-staff on-hand.

We've been twice: once for sushi dinner and once for the weekend eat-all-you-can shabu shabu dinner.

The food on both occasions was fresh and fabulous and there was no issue with four of us having BIG appetites on the shabu shabu night (great value).

With wine-of-the-month at MYR 140, fabulous food and attentive service, no complaints !

1  Thank Wotney
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We just love this restaurant. The food is excellent, the service is friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is light and peaceful. A must for visitors to KL.

1  Thank Sue H