“Good food, bad service”
Review of Secret Recipe

Secret Recipe
Ranked #84 of 90 Dessert in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Another place we had to try because it seemed popular with the locals. We went to to this location as it was close to the hotel we were staying (we did not have many options while staying at the Ambassador Row Suites).

Not sure if this location ever gets busy, but other ones around the city are. Menu has a good selection of different food items. Cakes look nice and are not too sweet. This location has terrible (almost non-existent) service.

Food was good though. We have not had a bad meal in KL yet, and we've almost been here for 2 weeks now.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Loved the veggie fried rice, the veggie satay. How I wish they offer that in Singapore!! But alas, they dont. The fried eggs on top of them were a good touch.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Secret Recipe used to have some good food. But recently it seems that they are dropping standards. Cakes are still pretty good, though.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I love the taste and flavours of this resto. Especially, Cakes !

Price is towards a higher side than normal. Can reach out for cake orders for special occasions.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

horrible service in their branch at AMPWALK, JALAN AMPANG....a waiter named Sete could not be bothered to serve but prefer to sit on the floor behind the counter checking his messages on his mobile phone. I asked him if he was serving? He grumpily got up and threw the menu on the table. When I went over to the counter to pay my bill, he was back on the floor checking his messages on the phone and did not even notice I was there waiting to pay. When I complained to his supervisor about his behaviour, he told me there was nothing he could do as he was afraid to tell the waiter off!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!