“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cantonese
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were in KL last Christmas and decided to have a fancy dinner before New years. We were quite excited as we had only experienced street food and some cheap restaurants in KL at this point. The overall experience was very disappointing - maybe our expectations were too high? The service was good only before our order was taken - after that we were completely ignored even though the restaurant was almost empty. At the end we just wanted to leave but no one would serve us our bill - we had to go stand at the reception for 5 minutes until our payment was finally taken! The food was below average and expensive! If in town, I would much rather enjoy the street food of KL for a portion of the price we payed here.

1  Thank misukisu

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The dinner and dim sum served here is delicious.
It's very comfortable but it is expensive!
the service is great, you can always walk in, no need to book and you should be able to get a table.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Not cheap (as it is part of the Ritz Carlton), but certainly better value for the money compared to the hotel! Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner at 6pm on a Sunday but after getting there found out it didn't open until 6.30. We were happy to wait so went downstairs and had a nice drink in the lobby lounge, which was very nice.
Ended up getting to the restaurant around 6.45 and were the only customers there.
We were shown a table and asked for drink orders. My husband asked for a vodka drink and the waiter said " I don't know... Ask my captain." Then walked off. I got my tea and they poured some for my husband too but he doesn't drink tea (this is relevant because they charged us for 2 teas when they served out of the one pot which they kept on the table.)
We ordered two beef dishes and a rice dish... Only one beef dish and the rice came out. Trying to explain we ordered another beef dish to the waitress was beyond difficult, so we ended up saying don't worry about it.
There was lots of awkwardness serving our food - serving me my rice in a bowl and beef on my plate... But serving nothing to my husband. They didn't even get him a bowl... Until he had already served the food himself onto a plate.
It felt like there were too many wait staff hovering over us, refilling my tea after almost every sip, and offering to serve more of my husbands rice onto his plate after he had already started doing it himself.
One waiter came and took away my bowl and some plates before we had actually finished, and later a waitress offered to pack the food as take away ... While my husband was still eating.
Thankfully the food was very good, and we liked the design and decor of the restaurant, unfortunately the awkward and unnecessary level of (not-so-great) service was too notable to allow us to give a better rating.
Perhaps go when it's a bit busier and they have more people to focus on?

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The restaurant is located in the Ritz Carlton Hotel in central KL. The atmosphere is upmarket but it is quite a large establishment and can host some large tables which means it is not really ideal as a romantic or intimate venue for dinner. The service was attentive and all of the staff spoke English which was helpful. The wine list was adequate although many wines were out of stock and all of the wine and champagne was very overpriced.

The food was delicious. We had the BBQ selection which was mostly pork and not for those on a low fat diet but scrumptious. The chicken with chilli and cashew nuts was also enjoyable but the highlight was the crispy prawn with shredded yam and 1000 island dressing which we are still talking about.