This hotel is not just a hotel but a residential apartment too and there is no distinction between the two as each level the rooms are mixed. You can have an apartment beside a hotel room. Due to that the lift lobby and corridor seems like a normal apartment. No feeling of a hotel at all except for the hotel reception and lobby. We stayed at deluxe room with a family of 2 adults and 3 children.
This hotel is right in the middle of the Masjid India shopping vicinity. Thus it is very convenient as our intention of getting the hotel is to have easy access to the shopping vicinity. Food is no problem as you can find anywhere near the hotel with the nearest one just beside the hotel on the left hand side.
Though the corridor and lift lobby doesn’t feel like a hotel, the room does feel like one. I would rate the room a 3 star. TV is 32 inch LCD TV with decent cable channels including movies channels. There is a nice red sofa for 2 with is quite comfortable that you can sleep on it.
Bathroom has a bathtub together with the shower.
The gym and swimming pool are not on the same level. However you can overlook the swimming pool while in the gym. Pool is just a simple lap pool and small children pool. One complain is that the floor is not slip-proof. I nearly slipped when walking to the toilet.
The lift is super slow. One time I waited like 10 mins just to get a lift available.
Service is good and very helpful when we asked for directions from the hotel. Probably the reception staff need to smile more.
Buffet breakfast was decent with sufficient spread. Not much fruit choice. But considered good for the amount I am paying for.
Overall, we like the hotel only for the hotel room and nothing else. The other facilities are not up to mark. Nevertheless having said that, we will return if we want to shop in the area again and need a near hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Maytower, Kuala Lumpur is located in central Kuala Lumpur. The hotel is within walking distance to Merdeka Square, KL Tower, Central Market, Chinatown, the Petronas Twin Towers, Lake Garden and Sogo, making it an ideal base accommodation for exploring Malaysia's most popular tourist attractions, historical, modern and natural sights, shopping, street food, fine dining, and local communities. Silka Maytower Hotel & Serviced Residences enjoys easy access to public transportation with the Masjid Jamek LRT Station and Dang Wangi Monorail being just a 5-minute walk away. With 193 rooms and suites, the hotel provides affordable accommodation for families, business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Silka Maytower Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maytower Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Maytower Hotel Kuala Lumpur