“Great for family”

Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 345 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment (2 en-suite) and a little dark room with two bunks. Our hosts Anita and Teri brought delicious breakfast every morning and offered and answered all our tourist questions. Great air conditioning, clean apartment, great views, wonderful clean pool open 7.30 am-10 pm (it was big enough for us), friendly guests, close to eating venues, walking distance to Times Square, monorail and taxis always available.

Anita arranged our taxis to airport twice and looked after our luggage when required. Nothing too much trouble for Anita and Terri. I hope they will have a nice holiday soon!

We loved it and will definitely return.

We found Malaysia a great place to visit. The taxi coupon system is good, takes the worry out of overcharging. Food was fantastic. I ate all street food and all and stayed healthy.

Room Tip: Check out the extensive and well organised web site as there are many options available. A phone cal...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda G
There are newer reviews for Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had 4 Sarang Mas to myself over a weekend - imagine the whole house - woohoo! The lawn is beautiful during rains and Anita and Christina do a prompt job of all reservation queries. Jalan Alor is walking distance, so is Bintang walk. Great stay!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
40  Thank breadbowl
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I choose to stay in Sarang Rooms every time when I was in K.L. It’s clean and cozy. Very close to the main road, I can walk to Jalan Alor, LCT station in 5 minutes, walk to Jalan Petaling, Central Market and Pavilion in 20minutes. There is a fantastic café nearby which name is VCR , and a small supermarket and Indian restaurant as well. Michael and Christina are very nice and hospitable, they always glad to introduce the best places of K.L, especially the best restaurants, and gave useful information to their guests. They really helped me a lot .This time I stayed in Casa Mutiara, they have 3 rooms in that service apartment, the view of the room is amazing, let alone the swimming pool on the top floor. Really enjoy the moment of seeing the sunrise of the K.L. city when swimming. The highlight is I met Chef Wan, the food ambassador of Malaysia, in Sarang Mas, he interviewed Michael and Christina in a travel and food TV programme. It seems this guesthouse is about to be very famous .

Room Tip: Casa Mutiara has modern facilities and Sarang Room is more exotic.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank April Z
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Clean room, comfortable bed, good air condition, fast WIFI;)
offering warm-heart tourist guide for me, helping me take a taxi to the KL central, thanks for Christina and Michael bring me to little India to have a wonderful India breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Su D
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've lived and traveled in Asia for the past 30 years and rate Sarang Galloway as my best B&B stay. The owners ,Michael and Christina , led me through the culinary delights of KL and had their personal physician tend to me when I fell ill....perfect hosts ....kind, attentive and genuinely interested in their guests. At my request..Anita ,their Phillippina manager ,delivered a morning porridge from a local restaurant for three days running..She and Christina nursed me back to health and had me up and enjoying the city.
They seemed surprised at their # 1 rating...I wasn't .

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cabotcroll
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in an apartment on the 21st floor for several nights. The apartment block is called Casa Mutiara and our hosts, Michael and Christina, own a couple of apartments in this building as well as a couple of guesthouses close by.
On arrival we were greeted by Anita who went through various maps of KL with us.
We were put into a 3 bedroom apartment however, as it was just the two of us, the extra rooms were closed off which made made the sitting/ dining area rather gloomy and claustrophobic as it had no windows. Nevertheless, we had a very good view from the bedroom window, and found the place to be generally quiet - we slept well there and the bed was comfortable. We did not use the pool (we had a look and, as others have commented, it is a little too small for a proper swim and there is nowhere to lounge. Good views though.).
The apartment could have been cleaner - eg., the glass shower screen need a good scrub and the kettle was grubby. It was not hotel standard.
The internet connection was very poor - okay for checking emails but not much else.
Breakfast in the apartment was basic (brought to us by Anita) - generally rotis and curry sauce from the local Indian restaurant, plus some fruit. However, one morning Michael and Christina took us and some of their other guests out for breakfast in Little India, which was a nice gesture.
The location was very good - most places were walkable, Bukit Bintang (for food) was very close, as were various public transport links. Puduraya Bus Station (for buses to Penang etc..) was about 10 to 15 minutes walk away. It was pretty easy getting around.
Security seemed pretty good - it was not something we felt concerned about.
There is quite a lot of construction work going on in the immediate area.
Although pleasant enough, we did not feel that it was particularly good value for money. I suppose it is all about location, but we did think that we could have got better for the same price elsewhere in the city centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucySky99
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Michael, Christina and Anita were so helpful with suggestions of what to do in Kuala Lumpur and made sure we had a really lovely stay. The location was perfect for walking into the city. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The roti for breakfast was delicious! Would definitely recommend Sarang Rooms as the place to stay in Kuala Lumpur!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends