“nice and clean room, great view”

Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 349 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Christina and Michael own some appartments in this big appartment house. I got a room at the 20something (25?) floor and stayed there for three nights in May 2014.
A few days earlier I stayed at Sarang rooms (see my review there) so this was my second stay at Sarangs after coming back from the Cameron Highlands.
As promised Anita brought my big luggage to the appartment which I left a Sarang rooms before starting to Cameron Highlands.

The appartment was again very clean with a small kitchen (including coffe machine) and a bathroom with a spacious shower.
In the morning Anita brought indian breakfast (which was very tasty) to the appartment. She opened the neighbour appartment (which wasn't occupied at that time) for me so I could have my breakfast there at the big table,
May be this is the only disadvantage for the appartment:
there is no table (and as far as I remember there was no fridge). This was not a problem to me because I was a solo traveller and could have taken my breakfast at the small chest of drawers too.
The private WiFi wasn't working but I could use the public WiFi of the appartment house which was somewhat fast (but as everyone should know not as secure as a private WiFi would have been).
Every evening I enjoyed the great view to Jalan Bukit Bintang from my window
There is a nice small pool area in the apprtment house for relaxing and cooling down (which I used) and a gym (which I didn't try).
Everything was safe and clean.

Location is near to Monorail and MRT and Jalang Bukit Bintang is in walking distance.
Anita was again very helpful and reliable.
If I come back to Kuala Lumpur I will definitly stay here again because I had a very good time at Sarangs Mutiara and Sarang Rooms

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We extended our stay in KL by another week and moved from Mutiara to No. 4 Jalan Galloway. Christina and Michael are wonderful hosts, they take you out for breakfast from time to time, the rooms are big and equipped with everything you need, incl A/C. Nice and clean common kitchen and bathroom area too. Anita serves great breakfast every morning (Indian Roti and fruits). Thanks, we'll come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed in the studio apartment in Casa Mutiara on the 13A floor for 1 week. It was fantastic with everything needed, great views of the city, & so close to the CBD. Anita greeted us & settled us in even though it was late. The apartment was very clean, comfortable, quiet, with good fast internet connection. The pool on the 20th floor was a welcome cool down after a day walking the streets seeing the many nearby sights. The Bukit Bintang was close but we thought very expensive. The street stalls & restaurants elsewhere were much cheaper & just as good, probably better. Public transport was easy once worked out. Daily breakfast was local fare brought in fresh each morning by Anita or Teri.
Would recommend this accommodation to anyone wanting a value for money, clean, comfy, central accommodation in KL. Owners Michael & Christina took us out for breakfast at Little India & showed us the sights around that area. Mary

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for a couple of nights in Casa Mutiara, the hosts are the most welcoming and they have a super team. Anita couldn't be more helpful, breakfasts were Amazing. Unfortunately the hosts were unable to take us out and were extremely apologetic, but left us in the hands of the kindest Taxi driver ever, he took us to a local Chinese market and ensured that the food that we sampled was suitable for us as vegetarians, It was an experience we will always cherish.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family and I stayed in a studio apartment in Casa Mutiara block on the 13th floor for 2 nights.
On arrival we were greeted by Anita who gave all the infos needed on KL.
We had a very good view from the bedroom window, and found the place to be generally quiet - we slept well there and the bed was comfortable. We did not use the pool. The apatment was very clean and internet connection was ok.
The apartment could have been cleaner - eg., the glass shower screen need a good scrub and the kettle was grubby.
Breakfast in the apartment was basic (brought to us by Anita).
The location was very good - most places were walkable, Bukit Bintang (for food) was very close, as were various public transport. It was pretty easy getting around.
Security seemed pretty good - it was not something we felt concerned about.
Good value for money.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank sg68
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment (2 en-suite) and a little dark room with two bunks. Our hosts Anita and Teri brought delicious breakfast every morning and offered and answered all our tourist questions. Great air conditioning, clean apartment, great views, wonderful clean pool open 7.30 am-10 pm (it was big enough for us), friendly guests, close to eating venues, walking distance to Times Square, monorail and taxis always available.

Anita arranged our taxis to airport twice and looked after our luggage when required. Nothing too much trouble for Anita and Terri. I hope they will have a nice holiday soon!

We loved it and will definitely return.

We found Malaysia a great place to visit. The taxi coupon system is good, takes the worry out of overcharging. Food was fantastic. I ate all street food and all and stayed healthy.

Room Tip: Check out the extensive and well organised web site as there are many options available. A phone cal...