“Fantastic Stay at Sarang Gallow Bed&Breakfast”

Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 328 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Casablanca, Morocco
“Fantastic Stay at Sarang Gallow Bed&Breakfast”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent 3 nights in K-L at Sarang Gallow. we like it more than a hotel.
-Cozy, quite and Clean House
-Excellent location, close to town attractions
-Fast Internet
-Fantastic hosts that put the soul to the house: Christina & Michael and Anita were at our disposal for any questions. They were great in arranging the transport and guiding us in our trip.

Big Thank you from the Moroccan friends.

We strongly recommand you to select Sarang Gallow for your next Trip to K-L, I am sure that u will like it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Christina and Michael have a knack for creating ambiance. Their rooms are attractively decorated and equipped with everything you could possible need, I've stayed at 2 of the guest houses, once in February 2014, once in May 2014. The houses are well situated for tourists, a 5 minute walk to the LRT and Monorail, and within a 15 minute walking distance you can reach many of the Kuala Lumpur sites.

The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable and there are small touches to make you feel you are an honoured guest in a private home. The houses are older, great for those who enjoy architectural features, they have been well-renovated to include all modern amenities. There is A/C in every room and although the bathrooms are shared, there are enough - 2 toilets and 2 showers for just 3 or 4 rooms.

Wi-fi is available, as is a separate lounge area where you can watch TV, browse reading material or hang out for a bit, and there is also a kitchen with some basic items provided, such as tea, coffee and water.

As a solo traveller I really appreciate the caring attention of Christina, Michael and Anita, but when a group of friends visited Malaysia recently, it was very nice to have our own rooms while still having a living room and kitchen where we could be together. My friends returned to KL for an extra week, knowing that they could be relaxed and have some guidance in completing their tour of Kuala Lumpur.

Christina and Michael offer a breakfast group tour at least once a week, at no extra charge. They provided an interesting tour, pointing out sites and telling us of their history, with a lot of tips on places to visit later. We had a large group breakfast in Little India, with the chance to taste almost everything that was available - Dosai, Idli, Appam and Roti with some delicious Masala Chai.

I could probably say so much more to convince someone thinking of staying at the Sarang guest houses, but I cannot say enough. Since I will be in Kuala Lumpur a few times over the next 2 years, I'm very glad that I have a home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Achama I
Stzttgart
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Christina and Michael own some appartments in this big appartment house. I got a room at the 20something (25?) floor and stayed there for three nights in May 2014.
A few days earlier I stayed at Sarang rooms (see my review there) so this was my second stay at Sarangs after coming back from the Cameron Highlands.
As promised Anita brought my big luggage to the appartment which I left a Sarang rooms before starting to Cameron Highlands.

The appartment was again very clean with a small kitchen (including coffe machine) and a bathroom with a spacious shower.
In the morning Anita brought indian breakfast (which was very tasty) to the appartment. She opened the neighbour appartment (which wasn't occupied at that time) for me so I could have my breakfast there at the big table,
May be this is the only disadvantage for the appartment:
there is no table (and as far as I remember there was no fridge). This was not a problem to me because I was a solo traveller and could have taken my breakfast at the small chest of drawers too.
The private WiFi wasn't working but I could use the public WiFi of the appartment house which was somewhat fast (but as everyone should know not as secure as a private WiFi would have been).
Every evening I enjoyed the great view to Jalan Bukit Bintang from my window
There is a nice small pool area in the apprtment house for relaxing and cooling down (which I used) and a gym (which I didn't try).
Everything was safe and clean.

Location is near to Monorail and MRT and Jalang Bukit Bintang is in walking distance.
Anita was again very helpful and reliable.
If I come back to Kuala Lumpur I will definitly stay here again because I had a very good time at Sarangs Mutiara and Sarang Rooms

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Honokaa, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We extended our stay in KL by another week and moved from Mutiara to No. 4 Jalan Galloway. Christina and Michael are wonderful hosts, they take you out for breakfast from time to time, the rooms are big and equipped with everything you need, incl A/C. Nice and clean common kitchen and bathroom area too. Anita serves great breakfast every morning (Indian Roti and fruits). Thanks, we'll come back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed in the studio apartment in Casa Mutiara on the 13A floor for 1 week. It was fantastic with everything needed, great views of the city, & so close to the CBD. Anita greeted us & settled us in even though it was late. The apartment was very clean, comfortable, quiet, with good fast internet connection. The pool on the 20th floor was a welcome cool down after a day walking the streets seeing the many nearby sights. The Bukit Bintang was close but we thought very expensive. The street stalls & restaurants elsewhere were much cheaper & just as good, probably better. Public transport was easy once worked out. Daily breakfast was local fare brought in fresh each morning by Anita or Teri.
Would recommend this accommodation to anyone wanting a value for money, clean, comfy, central accommodation in KL. Owners Michael & Christina took us out for breakfast at Little India & showed us the sights around that area. Mary

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for a couple of nights in Casa Mutiara, the hosts are the most welcoming and they have a super team. Anita couldn't be more helpful, breakfasts were Amazing. Unfortunately the hosts were unable to take us out and were extremely apologetic, but left us in the hands of the kindest Taxi driver ever, he took us to a local Chinese market and ensured that the food that we sampled was suitable for us as vegetarians, It was an experience we will always cherish.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
pescia
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in a studio apartment in Casa Mutiara block on the 13th floor for 2 nights.
On arrival we were greeted by Anita who gave all the infos needed on KL.
We had a very good view from the bedroom window, and found the place to be generally quiet - we slept well there and the bed was comfortable. We did not use the pool. The apatment was very clean and internet connection was ok.
The apartment could have been cleaner - eg., the glass shower screen need a good scrub and the kettle was grubby.
Breakfast in the apartment was basic (brought to us by Anita).
The location was very good - most places were walkable, Bukit Bintang (for food) was very close, as were various public transport. It was pretty easy getting around.
Security seemed pretty good - it was not something we felt concerned about.
Good value for money.