First I would be very careful paying up front for this property as there is a no refund policy, book 1 or 2 nights and see if it suits you. We had a great deal of trouble finding this place because there is no signage on the property (which is one of 7 managed by this owner),so a taxi won't find it, lucky I knew where the swiss garden Hotel was and we just went walking. We eventually ran into a guy who was staying in the same street and he rang the owners for us and we were quickly rescued by them.
The location was excellent in a quiet street, the room was clean and the bed was a little soft but comfy and the staff are lovely. Breakfast was a roti and some fruit and was nice.
Its more like staying in someones spare room. We were a little worried about sharing facilities and expressed this before we arrived, we were told that two quiet girls were staying there, unfortunately when we arrived a family with two young boys were staying and had been for a couple of days and had a week to go.
Nothing against this lovely family except that boys will be boys, and with paper thin walls and very old timber everything including the stairs coming up to bedroom, kitchenette and two bathroom area the noise was, to say the least NOT our style. Bad aim in the toilets and rude insistant interuption in the same area made me soooo glad I hadn't paid for all 6 nights in advance. Even the poor lady who lives under the rooms was rattled so while this place could be quaint if you shared with family or friends it does feel like you have to go to your room to make space for others to use the kitchen and bathroom. The TV area downstairs is just not inviting at all, it had a very old tele and a very uninviting couch and just felt like sitting in a foyer as you pass through it to get up to bedrooms. We were eaten by mosquito's the first night and stayed awake till we had killed the last one then kept the aircon on and sealed under the door as there is an area of wire netting near the bathrooms, while this place didn't work for us others have loved it. On the bright side when we said we were not going to stay we were offered a very nice appartment opposite but didn't choose it because it had two ensuited main rooms and a doulble bunk room within the appartment with a shared kitchen and lounge area. and although we were told that more than likely no one else would be comming in we just felt like being in our own private space for sure. Trying not to be too negatative as so many have loved this place I would definately make sure the rooms match the reveiws as they seem to be for all different properties and you might not be staying where you thought you were, eg. this one does not have a pool or three bathrooms for three bedrooms as we thought looking at pictures and reading details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rent a room (starts from RM130 for single room) or the whole 4 bedroom house (starts from RM550). Sleeps up to 12 pax. Great for families or single travelers. All rooms with aircond and windows. Low density occupation ensures a comfortable stay. Close to Bukit Bintang, Jalan Alor, Twin Towers, Chinatown, Times Square, Little India. Taxis, Monorail and LRT stations nearby. 10mins from KL Sentral and Pudu Sentral. So easy and cheap to get around. We also have food tours, night market tours and cooking class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarang Galloway Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Sarang Galloway Bed And Breakfast