See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I live in the suburbs, and one night after partying in KL, I decided to crash at Bedz KL (I don't drive and I don't trust most cabs past midnight). I opted for the female dorm. Unlike some reviews, I did not encounter any bed bug bites (I think it's just the mixed-dorm). I slept peacefully, with only one other girl from the US in the dorm.

Bathrooms are clean. Very safe place, they provided individual storage 'cages'. Staff are friendly, even if you arrive at wee hours in the morning they still tend to you politely (this, was told by a friend of mine who visited KL, arrived really late at night, and had to find last-minute accommodation. hence I recommended Bedz).

Outside Bedz KL, you can chillout with your friends or other travellers as there are benches (you can watch the weekend traffic along Changkat Bukit Bintang - interesting sight!), and they sell drinks too (beer @ MYR5/can).

Definitely recommended for party-goers as the street of clubs/bars/pubs is just a stone-throw away from Bedz KL. Also the perfect place for shopaholics/foodies - located near the Golden Triangle (of shopping malls), and the infamous food street, Jalan Alor (over-priced food, in my humble opinion). Yet, if you know some locals, there are a few treasures hidden around that area!

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank royaltylites
Reviewed 10 November 2010

5 of us stayed at Bedz KL in Dec 2009 for a week, it’s a great place, location is in city centre, and you can travel very easily to all the places. Showers are great (best of what I have seen so far). Also, for the price you pay, its great value for money. The staff are very friendly, the little food corner with beer and snacks is great!!! The beer is cheaper than the seven11 that is opposite to this hostel.

Date of stay: December 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sunil_nov27
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Well, I wish the owner/manager - Nazroff - who was prompt in replying to all my mails, was prompt enough to do something about the bed bugs! Quite a few reviews here have pointed that out...even after having read that, seeing the owners prompt response, I thought he must have done something about it already and I booked 2 beds in the 14 bed dorm..however, I was wrong...the bed bugs are still there at Bedz KL.

My wife & I stayed here for 1 night on the 17th of October, 2010. we took the hotel drop bus service (RM18.00 per person) from the KL LCCT. The airport is far from the city, however this service is really good as it takes you right to the hostel doorstep.

Bedz KL is, I would say, in the heart of Bukit Bintang. We reached there at 11:30pm-12am, check in was quick. A deposit for the keys (RM20.00 if I am not mistaken) was taken, and bedsheet, blanket, pillow cover and towel provided. All very clean and smelling fresh. A bustling street food area is just half a minute walk away from the hostel, a 7/11 store right next to it, a mono-rail station at a 5-min (or less) walk away.

Pubs and bars are closeby and the area around is quite safe. My wife & I went out at 12am and came back at around 3am..walking around the area, going almost upto Petronas Towers, without any worries.

The hostel is very clean, quite secure and in an excellent location with helpful staff. And even though it is right in the middle of activity,
The common area is fairly large, wi-fi internet access is free.
The toilets were very clean and the showers, like many have pointed out, are star hotel material.
The mattress was very comfy, however the bunk beds were a lil wobbly. and yes there are nice security cages for your bags.

However, all the positives were negated by the lack of sleep that we encountered due to the bed bugs. I was lucky to be bitten only 2-3 times, however my wife was not so lucky, and was bitten a lot and couldn't sleep all night. Bed bugs were also on the ceiling above the beds!
So, to escape the bugs :
A) take the bottom bunk if possible &
B) Dont take the corner most beds in the 14 bed room!

When checking out, we told the owner/manager about the bed bugs, however we got a very cold/non-committal response on that.

We checked out early morning and kept our luggage in the luggage room, roamed about the city and came back late to collect out bags and leave. No problems about that.

Would love to recommend this hostel, sans the bed bugs of course.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank punitdharamsi
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Stayed here for only a night. Found this place to be very clean. The dorm had a funny smell. I think it was due to some of the long term occupants that stayed in the room and had not bothered to wash their clothes. Internet price were pretty exorbitant. Showers worked really well. It was in the middle of bustling Bukit Bintang but not as noisy as I thought it would be. You can literally count the number of steps to the nearest club and pub as it was really really near which is a plus. Overall a very good place to stay!

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SHAIFULLAH
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This is a great place to stay the atmosphere is nice and it's easy to meet other travellers because of the friendly common space offered. The staff are helpful and talkative and the place feels safe to leave your belongings. The only and very infortunate problem we had was bed bugs. We woke up in the morning and found three right away. We know the Managers have been informed and the only reason I didn't give this place perfect was this issue. If bed bugs aren't an issue for you this place is great!

2  Thank Acdharrison