Open today: 08:00 - 17:00

Book in advance
from
£105.93
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience LaZat Malaysian Cooking Class
from £105.93
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

We absolutely loved this cooking experience! My fiancé and I had previously visited KL and wanted to experience more of the culture. The driver picked us up from our hotel promptly at 7:40am. We started the day with a tour of the local fresh food market and learned more about the local food grown here. I would advise to bring water with you for this portion as it lasts about an hour and a half in the heat. We then all proceeded with the driver to the beautiful cooking school location in the jungle. The cooking class was thorough and a great learning experience about local culture and cuisine. We loved every minute and all staff was amazing!

Date of experience: April 2019
2  Thank daradew
Reviewed 2 April 2019

The day I did this class it was just me. The driver collected me from my hotel and took me to the market. Irene showed me so many things at the market-like how to tell if a fish is fresh and how to identify all the Malaysian fruits, vegies, herbs and spices.
Then we went to the amazing cooking school in the jungle. Our menu was Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice and Spicy Cucumber Salad with Kueh Koci for dessert. We also did an unofficial Mee Goreng as we had a bit of extra time. Irene demonstrated and then I would try to do the same - although my knife skills were not always good enough. It was very special to make these dishes from scratch. This class will definitely change the way I cook in the future.

1  Thank 796felicityh
Reviewed 23 March 2019 via mobile

Absolutely loved this course! Highly recommend! Started with breakfast in the market followed by a really great explanation of all the ingredients and how to look for the right things!
Then on to the house to start cooking! Really clear explanation of the steps, top tips and a real insight into Malaysian life! And we got to eat our creations at the end!

Reviewed 20 March 2019

This is without doubt a must do when visiting KL. The last visit was my third time back and I learn something new every time. Ana, Irene, and Zeera together with the numerous backroom staff who make this class run flawlessly are extremely knowledgeable, and create a fun learning environment, you will be surprised at just what you can accomplish under their guidance and at times very welcome interventions !! The recipes are clearly laid out and easy to follow at home. I would recommend this class to anyone with even the slightest interest in Malaysian cuisine, you won't be disappointed. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank Mark_M_Photo
Reviewed 18 March 2019

Ana and her team (every member I met) were all passionate and professional. The lady for the market tour was extremely knowledgeable. The environment was nice, and recipes are trade-level. I really enjoyed it and would do it again.

Date of experience: February 2019