“Cheap and delicious”
Review of Tonkatsu Anzu

Tonkatsu Anzu
Ranked #877 of 5,245 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Description: Tonkatsu Anzu takes an artisanal approach to its flavours, using premium, aged pork sourced from local farmers and slow cooked to achieve delicious homemade flavors. Anzu means apricot, a name inspired by the apricot trees that bloom yearly in the city of Fukutsu in Fukuoka prefecture on Kyushu island- will be blooming in Kuala Lumpur for all to enjoy.
Reviewed 14 March 2018

This small restaurant looks like a typical shopping mall cafe but the food was excellent. I have enjoyed similar in Kyoto station. While not as good as Katsukura in Japan, it was a good second place here. We had loin sets with the rice and cabbage salad, bottomless green tea and a small sake. Total was RM118 which for us was just over £21 and we were full up. My husband loved the fresh, hot crisp pork and we would have gone to this again had we been longer in KL.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I fully agree with few other comment about the poor service. I also crush with the poor service last week that order small bottle beer (RM33!!) but I was not questioned how many glasses is needed and waitress poor all the beer into one glass and ask me "may I serve this beer even it is not cold enough"
No beer lover will drink warm beer by paying RM33, needless to say I reject this request from this waitress.
I always think I wanted to return this restaurant beceause of good food but never improve service since my first visit.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

You can expect great food and dining experience here. For the price, it is highly worth it. I'm quite a regular here, so I've no doubts about the quality.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Pork was very well done and signature sets come with a choice of white or brown rice and seaweed or clam soup. Salad was also included. The thick pork cut was delicious. Service however was very bad. Staff are abrupt and rude. They don’t listen and all our order choices came out wrong. Shoddy service from staff who simply don’t care.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner and managed to get a table without queueing as it was a quiet night in town.

Service from the get-go was cold and distant, which is a far cry from the polite and pleasant service you may be used to in a nice Japanese restaurant.

Menus, drinks and utensils were plopped down on the table rudely. Our questions were answered with a bored, mono-syllabic replies. Throughout the meal, we had to prompt them to get our tiny teacups re-filled (please just leave the teapot on the table next time) - the service crew were too engrossed chatting loudly to each other, playing with their phones (which rang during service!), massaging each other's shoulders - all in clear view of the customers, which was so inappropriate.

The food was delicious, the pork loin tonkatsu we chose was tender and had no stale oil smell nor taste. The fried chicken was quite dry as chunks of breast meat was used.

We are not sure if we will return, the service has much to improve to match the quality of food.

Date of visit: October 2017