Hotel Imperial
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Fortuna(Kuala Lumpur)
Average 3/5
Alor Boutique Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
Good 3.5/5
Iris Garden Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
Average 3/5
Sungei Wang Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
Cardogan Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Free Internet
Comfort Inn(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjalan alorbukit bintang monorailstrategic locationtriple roomshopping mallstreet foodkfc4d3nkltaxiplugfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

on the 13th september 2013, our rooms 502and 503were being broken into. all of our luggages being cut open and ransacked and personal belonging stolen.according to the cctv, 2 chinese guys had some sort of a masterkey.they went from floor to floor trying to open doors,unfortunately they managed to open our room door.we notified the hotel security and they told us to make police report.we had to find our own way to the nearest police station at night.Not only that,they did not compensate for any of our loss. my friend and i were being moved into another room for the night.

the next morning when we went n look for the manager at about 7+am,we were being told that he/she will b coming in at 9.so we waited until 9+ still no sign. when i called the front desk they told me they would check for me but i did not get a follow up call on that.my friend and i then decided to go down and to the reception once more to only find our that the manager is on leave. my friends and i wasted th entire morning waiting.
since we've decided on changing hotel, they only gave us an extra 30minute from the usual check out time which is 1pm to check out.we had to rush and buy our luggages and repack everything before 1.30pm which i find it ridiculous.

i really think they should look into their security and customer service matter when it comes to things like this.

• Stayed: September 2013
21  Thank mochachee
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at imperial Hotel on April 2013. One of the good point is the location is excellent. You just need to cross the road and you can find many restaurant with a good food.

However, the customer service is really worst. I really suggest the management to conduct a hospitality trainning.
I got the room with the leak of shower and the bad smell of bath soap. I asked for the room change but the manager insisted that the room was fully booked and he said the enginering tried to fixed it. After several hours, the engineering said that the shower could't be fixed and it need change. I ask the guy manager again and after several arguments he allowed me to change the room.
I think hotel in the hospitality business shouldn't have this kind of attitude.
If you don't mind to stay in the hotel with bad customer service you can try this hotel but I really don't recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Jeanine Z
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Imperial Hotel is at Bukit Bintang from where u can catch Taxi, monorail, Hop-on Hop-off bus to go to your destination. The famous H&M shop, BB Plaza, 88* Fahrenheit, Surya KLCC is at walking Distance. The hotel has no restaurant and there is no need of it, because there are lots of Chinese restaurants in front of the hotel, lots of Pakistani and Indian restaurant beside the hotel, And my favorite McDonald is just a 4min walk. The hotel room was not that spacious but it was clean. You can have free drinking water at every floor. The elevator was good and new. Surprisingly there is no lobby at the reception, that means you can not sit without your room. There was a money changer at the reception which gave us best rate in KL.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NusratNimmi
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family twice during month of June, the have changed a lot since I have staying on it 2005, the rooms are big and very spacious but if prices can be little more economical it can be a perfect place to stay but I will still stay again in this hotel if I'll be in kl again

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Shahid M
Reviewed 4 June 2013

With the rate they charge, maybe it is not qualify as budget hotel. The room is super basic, air conditioning, hot water, no hair dryer, no free wifi (they asked for RM5/day for wifi). Acceptable cleanliness, except the carpet is not very clean/dusty, and no slippers were provide.
One of the room given has no window, therefore, poor ventilation. And smoking is allowable in the room, so, it smells bad in both of our rooms
We went to this hotel for its superb location, since it is located "almost" on Jalan Bukit Bintang, with plenty of shopping malls around, also, directly across is Jalan Alor, where there are so many restaurants selling local foods.
Anyway, if you don't like to stay near crowded and noisy place, this is not for you. You should stay somewhere else, so long as it is closed to Monorail or LRT station, where you can easily access to Bukit Bintang area. You will definitely get a better room with the same rate this hotel charged.
Free car park is provided, helpful if you are driving your own car.
It is definitely NOT "one of the best hotel in Malaysia" as written in other reviews. There are plenty of real good hotels in Malaysia.

Pros: Location, acceptable cleanliness, free car park

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family