“It was okay”

Crystal Crown Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #250 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“It was okay”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

There was a damp and musty smell in my room. I followed the trail and found the source to be the bed. I told the floor staff about this and they sent someone to come change the sheets. It was bearable after that. But I have to say that the room looks a bit dirty, especially with the price tag it carries. Also, getting the WiFi to work was rather tricky. I had to resort to using an external hi gain WiFi antenna, and only then i was getting only two bars of signal! Anyway, I will not recommend this place for stay. Unless it is other things that you are looking for, then by all means carry on. Cheers!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank RobertWCC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Hotel is old and the room is old and bit dusty too. The room quite big maybe because our room located at the end of the corner. The wash room itself is big and come with a bathtub however the bathtub is not well maintained and have some stain on the bathtub, the hotel did provide basis amenities but not toothbrush so do bring your own toothbrush.
The location quite far from Kuala Lumpur as it located at Petaling Jaya and no shopping mall around the area. For those without transport you have to get a cab to go to KL or nearest subway station. Missed the breakfast as it only served until 10am so no comment on it.
Saw some notice that they are undergoing the renovation on certain floor, hope that they can improve on the quality of the room and make the guests feel home during the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

With quite expensive price, cause it is on Malaysia school holiday I do expect a lot from this hotel. The rooms, although not to say super dirty, but it is kinda like run down n dusty. The old style TV is just sad. I don't even feel like touching it. The room size is far narrow than expected. The toilet is kinda small and the bath tub can't even fit a small asian like me. It's totally a disappointment. Service seems fine, but I do expect a lot more. Parking is kinda narrow and the number of bays available is far not enough to cater for hotel guests. The room facing the front is totally noisy. Breakfast choice is rather limited too. I do think that it's a disappointment.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Edwin S

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The good: The price was about $175 USD for 3 nights for a big bed. The room I had was quiet and very dark. The air conditioner seemed to work fine. Nice view if u are up high. room security was good. I hung the do not disturb sign on the door and no one ever entered my room or messed with my stuff. Everytime I left i memorized the position of my luggage and the zippers and not once was ever anything disturbed. One thing I do not tolerate is a crooked housekeeping staff.

The bad: The rooms on the front of the hotel are very noisy as there is a major highway in front. The first room I had was on the 9th floor in front and there was so much noise coming from the road below that i thought for sure that a window was open. I asked to be moved to the back and it is much quieter back there except for an occasional noise from the elevator room which i was right next to.
The sink leaked and the bathroom floor was wet all the time. Some of the walls had damage to them and were poorly patched. The TV had no english news channels. Wireless internet did not work from the room. I had to sit down in the lobby and use my smart phone. The closet in my room had a badly water damaged and warped floor. Didnt think there were any bugs in the room until I put on my reading glasses and saw some extremely small and red bugs moving very fast on top of the white sheets. I think they were just very very tiny roaches. I didnt worry about them because they were so very small. As I said, I only saw them when I put my reading glasses on. Anyway, no itching or bites after 3 days.

Didnt eat at the hotel but there is a shopping mall with restaurants right next door.

Didnt use the subway. I did use a taxi to and from KL Sentral. the price was 18 MYR from the train station to the hotel at about 11pm on a thurs night. The price jumped up to 25 MYR from the hotel to the train station at 630am on a sunday morning. The taxi driver did offer to take me all the way to the airport for 60 MYR but I turned him down. If I was in a hurry I might have accepted his offer. Its about 15 to 30 min by taxi to the train station and from the train station to the LCCT at KLIA is about another 60 to 90 min.

also, this hotel is NOT close to downtown KL. It is way up in the northwest part of the city. And this is a HUGE city. And as I said earlier, u better allow yourself about 2 hrs to get from the hotel to the checkin counter at the airport if you are taking a taxi from hotel to KL Sentral and then the KLIA Transit to the LCCT at KLIA.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back of the hotel. The rooms in the front are very noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank gardner b
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Well yes, it's far away from the city but located near a prestigious area with shopping mall beside the hotel. Parking aren't spacious enough and rooms are small. Services are meh. Dining are good in the hotel and room service are good.

You can choose to stay here if you don't mind the noisy road front of the hotel and the distance from the civilizations. Opt for this hotel if you ran out of options and decided to stay away from busy Kuala Lumpur city.

If you planned to exclude having fun in the city but wanted to more for nature hunting and sight seeing, well what can I say, this place could be your better option. It's 15min drive to Batu Caves/Templer Park(water fall).

Batu Caves = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batu_Caves
Templers Park = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templer's_Park
Shopping Mall beside the hotel = http://www.bremmall.com.my/

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed there for 1 nite, during school holiday. There was a surcharge of RM40 on top of normal rate. We do not pin high expectation on tis hotel even before check in. But, it is really far beyond the monies that we paid for this location, room condition (smell), breakfast and service rendered (clumsiness of banquet staff at the breakfast area).

Stayed December 2012
2 Thank SenMING
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in 2010, We arrived here with great difficulty, as this hotel is located very much outside of the city area and taxis were quite expensive to go there. We arrived there at 1:00pm but the reception staff made us to wait there till 2:00pm that the room was not ready. When we checked in though, we asked one of the cleaning staff at our floor who told us that our room had been cleaned at 10:00am itself. When we challenhed the reception staff later they were giving all kinds of excuses which were very disappointing. The room was facing the backroad which looked very ugly. The food was over-priced and to get taxis was daunting experience. We cancelled our stay the next day and went and stayed at Corus Hotel in the CBD. We will never again stay at this facility, ever again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel by all means unless you want to spend the whole time in your room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo