“Worst Hotel I ever visited”
Review of LEO Palace 1 Hotel

LEO Palace 1 Hotel
Ranked #213 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is the worst Hotel I have ever visited in my life.

we have booked a Duble bedded room for 4 people. The bed is about to collapse, rest room is very small and uncomfortable to take a bath even. Air con is a age OLD machine, mechanic had spent 1 hour in our room to fix the problem. When I requested for a room change, they have not even tried to listen the problem. Had a small 14' color TV and that too it was not working.

Even the breakfast is worst, very few options and no cleanliness at all.

One of the Taxi driver told us its not a good location and warned us not to go out of the hotel after 7PM.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I know this is a budget hotel but the room we stayed in was just old, tatty and a little bit grotty. The bathroom is really small and the shower is literally above the toilet. Be sure to remove the toilet roll before you have a shower because everything gets soaked! There was mould and grime on the ceiling and the mirror was so marked and stained that it was practically useless. The TV was the smallest thing I've ever seen and there were very few channels to choose from and even fewer that had a signal. Also, we were unable to adjust the volume and there was no remote control. The bed was clean and comfortable but the throw did have a number of cigarette burns in it. The A/C worked well enough but again there was no remote. At 5ft4 I could just about reach the controls. Anyone shorter would struggle. There was no light bulb in our lamp and the two lights in the main part of the room didn't work so the majority of the room was in darkness once the sun went down. To be fair, we were only there for two nights, were hardly in our room so couldn't be bothered to make a fuss about the lights. The staff were friendly enough and I'm sure they would have helped us if we'd asked. Also, I wouldn't bother with breakfast. The "buffet" was pretty average. We slept well enough....until someone in another room took a shower / flushed their toilet. The plumbing is about as loud as a herd of elephants charging overhead and just as welcome. I don't think the location is great as it took us a while to walk to both the monorail station and the train station. Also, I wouldn't recommend staying here alone. The area didn't feel that safe and as a woman I wouldn't want to walk back alone at day or night. It is a budget hotel but I think there are better options. We were pleased to get out of there and if we'd had to stay in KL any longer then we would have moved on.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I visited KL with my family in May 2013. We had two rooms. the Air conditioner in one of the room was broken. It got switched on but didn't cool! When we asked for a change of room, they informed us that there was no other available room which sounded like a lie. The four of us had to adjust in the other room (sleep on the floor) to be able to get some sleep. Very bad experience. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody. It's better to spend a few bucks more and get a decent hotel otherwise it spoils your entire holiday experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night for £15 (hotels.com) offer. Close to titiwangsa station to get on the mrt.

Room was generally clean and comfortable.

During our stay heavy rain meant the area flooded. The lift shut down and we were unable to leave the hotel due to water on the ground floor. Whilst the flood was not the fault of the hotel- no information was communicated to anyone staying there.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the leo palace. Clean rooms, staff that literally offered me the shoes off their feet when my sandals broke! Stayed 5 nights, and will definately stay again next time I'm in Kuala Lumpur :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nosgarth
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We have booked a double room yet twas upgraded to triple since it was already late when they noticed double room is already fully booked. We get there at night and noticed the lighting at the lobby is very dimmed which I suggest to make it a little more vibrant since it is already small. Check in was very fast and smooth. We went into the room but no one in the concierge has tried to help us with our luggage.

The room is relatively big for the two of us, nice and comfortable bed, TV is old but it's okay, and bathroom is just enough. However, when we get back from city tour past 2 PM, our room has not made up yet but it was attended right away. Breakfast is good and the staffs are courteous and very accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The rooms were old, i mean really old. The tv are only 9" which from the bed i couldn’t even hardly make out the characters on the screen. The rooms had some funny smell although it was a non smoking room it smells like some didn't observe the rules. Beds were ok, shower had hot water, not too bad. Breakfast only opened at 7.30am, so if you need to leave early like we did, we had to miss our b/fast. You will also need to pay a deposit of RM50 per room. If you’re tight on cash than this will do otherwise find another hotel.

Room Tip: non of the rooms are really good, totally different to the pictures advertise