My City Hotel
US$114
US$83
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$101
US$81
US$76
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$91
US$104
Capitol Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$42
  • Restaurant
Ramada Suites Kuala Lumpur City Centre(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$53
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Rooms are ok, excellent location. Very close to China Town, Central Market and metro station Pasar Seni. They don't have restaurant but many eating joints near by.

Wi-fi doesn't work in room, but works well in lobby area.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rishikochhar
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I'd stayed here before when there was construction underway, building work now appears complete. We'd had our bookings confirmed and were disappointed to be told we had to change rooms after one night, pack our bags and leave at reception before we left that day 8am and move into a new room on our return at 9pm that night.
The rooms were fine, clean and tidy, there seemed to be more channels available on tv, several in English i appreciated.
Though I had booked using credit card details I had to pay cash at the counter.
Worst news we had was a day after we had left, at Bangkok Airport received email from booking-com we'd booked though saying hotel had notified them we had not stayed there at all, and accordingly charging my credit card for three nights accomm. Three days later have still not had a response about this extra 303 ringit/3000baht charge.
As reception insisted on taking the receipt back when we left and were given 20r deposit back for remote control, we have no proof of payment.
Very disappointing and not a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank songsee24
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Chose this hotel for its location, easy walk to Pasar Seni and Masjid Jamek rail stations and on good bus routes.
Building undergoing renovation - the ground floor was being re-built when i was there. Room clean and small, fine for a person or couple - queen size bed, tv, wardrobe with sep bathroom/shower. What I did appreciate was how quiet it was as i was ill for 24hrs and just wanted to sleep. There's also a new lounge area (see pic) nice area to read the newspaper or watch tv, has a water filter there to refill your bottles.
Staff weren't overly friendly except for an older man, maybe the owner, who was pleasant to deal with when I arrived at 11pm after 16hrs travel.
Under 100m away is Chinatown though no noise from there drifted down to the hotel.
In four days I was not given new towels or soap, in fact there was no room service at all. A small fridge would be welcome.
Overall it's ok, as a budget hotel it's above average for clean and quiet. Didn't have laptop so unsure if the advertised wifi was working.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I have been to Malaysia five times. Personally I need a cheap hotel with a good quality and locate near the central. The receptionist is very friendly. On the desk, they provide a city map for you. I stayed in the superior room on the 3rd floor. If you're worry about the drink. Forget it, cause they provide a drinking water (hot & cold) outside the room for you. Inside, first time I saw, It was great actually. The price I paid and the quality of the room I've got was equal. The beds were soft and comfortable. After long way of traveling, you could feel the freezing of air conditioner. International Cable TV was available such as ESPN, AXN. The bathroom was good. Without a bathtub, you could also enjoy the heater and feel relax with it. WiFi were available in the lobby.

For those of you who are currently looking for a cheap hotel and locate near the central. I highly recommend it. It locates near Petaling Street, which you can enjoy shopping here, less than a minute for walking. Another shopping place is Central Market, 3 minutes for walking and it also locates near Putra LRT, Pasar Seni station. The hotel didn't provide the breakfast for you but don't worry. Mcdonald's was less than 1km away. 7/11 shop and Chinese food were here too. If you want to go to Genting Highlands, Take the bus at Puduraya bus station is also near the hotel. 10 minutes to walk. Ask the way from the receptionist

The hotel is easy to find. From Petaling Street, walk straight about 200 meters, less than a minute. you will find it on the left.

- Dani

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank daniworldstar
Reviewed 18 December 2009

Ideally situated at the entrance to Petaling market in China Town, this hotel has access to great transport links to all major tourist attractions.
The hotel itself is neutrally decorated but could do with a fresh lick of paint and touch of personality.
The hotel caters for a few budgets as it has dorms with shared bathrooms or rooms with en suites, however not all rooms have windows so I would put in a request for this as no outside natural light can really disorientate the jetlagged traveller.
A window could also be key to dealing with the slightly musky scent of the room.
Face-value the staff were very helpful ad friendly however there was an undertone of untrustworthyness.
On the whole its a good base for a budgetting traveller for a few days who requires a bed, shower and wi-fi.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends