“You pay for what you get”
Review of My City Hotel

My City Hotel
Ranked #148 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
tasmania
“You pay for what you get”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We have been staying here on and of for 6 years. Having read most of the reviews on this hotel i can honestly say that most of them are right in one way or another.
But in the end you get what you pay for we have always found it a safe place to stay handy to transport / Chinatown /okay the staff are sometimes grumpy/the rooms good budget accom /but what do you want in the middle of KL for under 100 Ringgit, This is a good solid budget hotel we will be back the price is right.
PS the lift is broken at the moment and so you might like to ask for a room on one of the lower floors .Should be fixed before Christmas also a bit noisy during the day owing to the work on the lift well

Room Tip: A front room on the lower floors theyb are bigger and have windows
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Great hotel and staff the hotel is clean and in a good location excellent for china town. Wifi at the hotel, also on the first floor accommodation. They can order taxis for u at a fair price. They have a good knowledge of KL

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Ade53
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2012

never book, reserve or check-in in this hotel! service is worst! i checked-in here with my family, we are supposed to stay here for 5 nights, but we only stayed for 2 nights,
-WiFi? yes! on the lobby area only...
-tissue? toothbrush? soap? bottled water?? definitely no!!!
-room service? sad to say but a big NO!
-good service? they didn't even tidy our room!
-TV? oh yes! but you need to get up from your bed to change the channel, only 5 channels available
-air-con? hmm
-reception? they were so accommodating when we arrived and setting up our reservation, but after they received our payment? wow! a hell!

Room Tip: try and experience the worst hotel in Malaysia
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Holiday_Package

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Sitiawan, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I'm staying here for 1 nite, b'coz of my skul trip~Duno who choose tis hotel as our trip, all of our friends they stay wif bad moodn is a very bad experiences on it~Although thr location is quite good BUT the staff is RUDE...the price tat we discuss b4 is useless, at tat time the price is different~very bad trustworthy!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I had stayed here 3 times before and I went to Vietnam, I had prebooked my room for the 24th December and when I got in after my flight I was informed that the hotel was full. Service desk staff were rude and totally unhelpful.

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank NigelRodneyLeitch
Bristol
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here for 1 night last week for a layover in KL. Room was very clean and bedlinen spotless. However the shower was cold and the toilet seat was missing. i had wifi in my room with a reasonable connection and the location is suberb. the reception were very helpfull and supplied me with a map. The rate was £19/night

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank qualitywork1
Colombia, S.A.
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Can't beat the location, for certain. A stone's throw from the Petaling Market.
As far as the hotel, kind of dumpy, could really use a painter's brush. A pretty good amount of hair on the floor says the cleaning wasn't all that good. The internet was spotty at best, constantly fading on and off line. After a long day of seeing the sights, I normally like to kick the shoes off and watch a bit of TV, however programming was pathetic - has about 4 or 5 channels, and of those only one is worth watching-sometimes. Walls, while looking solid, are paper-thin. When my neighbor talked, I could have sworn she was in my bathroom.

I found the no smoking sign on the wall kind of funny, as there was an ashtray about 2 feet from it. Makes no sense. AirCon worked great.
All in all, there are way better options in the area for 80 RM, I would look around before settling on this place. I am giving it 3 stars, but would rather give it 2.5, trip advisor doesn't give that option.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo