“Great Location”

Ranked #149 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Location”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed here on my way to Thailand and on my way back home. The hotel is well priced and breakfast was good - especially the coffee! I didn't want to spend too much as I was travelling on my own and therefore don't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. The only complaint I have is the mattresses are not that firm and might need replacing. The hotel is easy to find and only a 2 minute walk to Chinatown. Staff were friendly and very helpful including the security man at the front door. I recommend getting the skytrain from the airport to KL Sentral then a taxi to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Notwithstanding its almost perfect location -right in the heart of Chinatown and surrounded by good food, this is one hotel I would recommend not to try - not for the price it charges - there are many cheaper near by and add 20-30% more, you can get bigger and better hotels.

When I last traveled to KL, I stayed in Hotel d-Oriental, less than 100m away. But thought of trying something else and Internet search yielded this option. It was a grave mistake to believe in some Internet recommendations and rating.

It is not about the fact that the hotel was changing a new lift that we have to walk five floors up and down. It is also not just about the noise and dust generated from the retrofitting works that ends at 6pm everyday - as these are expected when we made the choice, but the shocking poor housekeeping, which the hotel failed to make up for the temp short-coming.

We booked a total of six rooms and one of the room the counter passed on to us actually had one window glass missing, not only rendered the already malfunctioned aircon useless, but posed danger to the guests. When told, the counter staff was fully aware and upon further queries, replace with another room. For the price of M$88 to M$148 for a so-called family room with one mobile bed left outside the room (ie we have to set it up!), we could have settled for a far better hotel nearby.

The rooms are not only small, but poor maintained. towels were soiled, likewise the bed sheets. TV reception was poor and aircon were not function properly - it took more than 30 minutes to cool the room.

I really do not understand why some Tripadvisor reviews could give this place high rating?! In my view, even if the hotel eventually gets a new lift - the construction is likely to go on till Jan 2013, it will not improve as fundamentally, its housekeeping is poor and the infrastructure has deteriorated. The hotel requires a complete shut down and have a proper make over before it is livable to what it is charging.

When we left in the morning of 18 Dec, a few of its guests were complaining that there were no water supplies. I guess we were lucky enough to escape that.

Room Tip: Many rooms were without windows - but that could be a blessing as outside the windows could be the a...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

tasmania
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We have been staying here on and of for 6 years. Having read most of the reviews on this hotel i can honestly say that most of them are right in one way or another.
But in the end you get what you pay for we have always found it a safe place to stay handy to transport / Chinatown /okay the staff are sometimes grumpy/the rooms good budget accom /but what do you want in the middle of KL for under 100 Ringgit, This is a good solid budget hotel we will be back the price is right.
PS the lift is broken at the moment and so you might like to ask for a room on one of the lower floors .Should be fixed before Christmas also a bit noisy during the day owing to the work on the lift well

Room Tip: A front room on the lower floors theyb are bigger and have windows
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Great hotel and staff the hotel is clean and in a good location excellent for china town. Wifi at the hotel, also on the first floor accommodation. They can order taxis for u at a fair price. They have a good knowledge of KL

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Ade53
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2012

never book, reserve or check-in in this hotel! service is worst! i checked-in here with my family, we are supposed to stay here for 5 nights, but we only stayed for 2 nights,
-WiFi? yes! on the lobby area only...
-tissue? toothbrush? soap? bottled water?? definitely no!!!
-room service? sad to say but a big NO!
-good service? they didn't even tidy our room!
-TV? oh yes! but you need to get up from your bed to change the channel, only 5 channels available
-air-con? hmm
-reception? they were so accommodating when we arrived and setting up our reservation, but after they received our payment? wow! a hell!

Room Tip: try and experience the worst hotel in Malaysia
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Holiday_Package
Sitiawan, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I'm staying here for 1 nite, b'coz of my skul trip~Duno who choose tis hotel as our trip, all of our friends they stay wif bad moodn is a very bad experiences on it~Although thr location is quite good BUT the staff is RUDE...the price tat we discuss b4 is useless, at tat time the price is different~very bad trustworthy!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I had stayed here 3 times before and I went to Vietnam, I had prebooked my room for the 24th December and when I got in after my flight I was informed that the hotel was full. Service desk staff were rude and totally unhelpful.

• Stayed December 2011