“Excellent food, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nerovivo

Nerovivo
Ranked #287 of 3,997 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
KL, Malaysia
“Excellent food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I entertained some overseas colleagues here a few weeks ago, and this was the only Italian restaurant that we tried in KL so far that my purist Italian colleague approved of!

Whilst the prices are much steeper than your regular Italian restaurant of the same, shall we say... class, it was agreed around the table that the food was excellent.

Our table had, for appetizers, the tuna tartare (RM59), caprese (RM32) and calamari nerovivo (RM39), which was followed by entrees of gnocchi (RM39), spinach & ricotta ravoili (RM42), grilled salmon (RM79) and pizza tartufata (RM55), where everyone agreed the pizza was, by far, the star of the evening.

The dinner was rounded off with some limoncello tarts and prosecco. The bottle of white (I think it was a pinot grigio) was also excellent.

All in all, the dinner cost us a pretty penny (we split the bill 4-ways) but we all went home sated.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Cranleigh, United Kingdom
“Great food, charming staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place was recommended by our hotel as a really good Italian and they were right. It's expensive (ish) but the food was delicious. We sat outside on the terrace, which had a boundary of foliage so felt quite secluded. The interior part of the restaurant was freezing cold - although that normal in Malaysia. The staff had some difficulties with English but were so charming we forgave them - a little quirkiness is fine. Would go here again if I was in KL.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If United breaks guitars then Nerovivo kick out customers.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I’m really disappointed and totally not happy; I can say it was the worst experience I had with any restaurant not because of the food but due to a lousy and bad management skills by the restaurant’s manager called (Hafiez, I guess from Bangladesh or Sri Lanka) On the May 25th 2014, we went to Nerovivo (at changkat, bukit bintang –Kuala Lumpur) for lunch.

What happened is, we mistakenly printed out the wrong voucher that we bought online for the meal (got it from Groupon),so when we showed up for the lunch, the waiter asked to show the voucher we did not have as we mistakenly printed another restaurant voucher, so we asked to speak to the manager and when he came we told him the story and we showed him the email and voucher on the phone and we asked him to help printing it or to accept sending it to via email, but he insisted that we have to show the hard copy or leave, and he added the office is closed and he does not have the key ( Wow a manager without a lil power or access to do anything in his job, add to that the way he said it , was F*** rude and almost kicking us out, in addition, F*** poor problem solving skills ).

I ended up walking down the street on a hot and sunny day to an internet café to print out the F*** voucher… I rather die of hunger then going to Nerovivo Restaurant in KL because of the worst manager ever called Hafiz.

Asid to Hafiz: be a manager not just a waiter with different uniform.

Aside to the owner of Nerovivo KL: You just lost potential loyal customers.

If United breaks guitars then Nerovivo kick out customers.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Iby_KL
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Amazing experience throughout our visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I am not one for writing reviews, but after the experience we had tonight, I felt I should.

We live a two minute walk from the restaurant and in one year had never visited....We will be every other week now!!!

From the minute the door was opened for us the staff were all very polite and friendly. My husband and I both had beef tenderloin which was cooked to perfection. For dessert, I had lemon sorbet and my husband had tiramisu (he is not a dessert lover so I was shocked when he ordered one, but he said that because his main meal was so delicious he had to have dessert). We were not disappointed there either. Fabulous! The bill came and another pleasant surprise was that they gave us both desserts free.

Once we finished we hadn't realised it was pouring rain outside (after living in KL for one year you would think we would know to take an umberella around at peak downpour periods, but nope not us!) we decided to wait until the rain went off a bit but one of the staff arranged for us both to have an umbrella and another member of staff walked us home).

We both got home dry, full with splendid food and thrilled with the experience we had.

Highly recommend this place and will be back in the next week or so.

Visited May 2014
Guildford, United Kingdom
“English family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at the Park Royal serviced apartments and this restaurant had nice ambience and was ideally located only a few minutes walk away. Service was exceptionally friendly but the waitress did forget to take one of the orders for a pizza for one of my children. Very fortunate as the one they received between them was sufficient. Food was very good and reasonably priced with the mud crab tagliatelle being the star of the show. Wish we had found this on the first night instead of the last as we would have gone back.

Visited April 2014