“A comfortable and pleasant stay with elegance”

The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #23 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
England
“A comfortable and pleasant stay with elegance”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

An excellent room with some exquisite touches for a 5 star hotel. The breakfast was very good and plentiful, the swimming pool was excellent and a pleasure to lounge around for the afternoon. The staff were helpful and pleasant . Overall a nice stay. Thank you

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
PRManager88, General Manager at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Adsdmnel,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your kind words and vote of confidence in our service. We are constantly improving our services hence all honest feedback are taken seriously. We do hope that you will find time to visit Kuala Lumpur again and perhaps stay with us in order for us to serve you again.

Dato' Franz Swoboda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Upon arrival we where advise by reception that our booking had been cancelled - hmm after a late night arrival this was not good news but it was quickly sorted.

The room was fantastic, comfy bed, well equipped bathroom and views of those fables Petronas twin towers - excellent. Breakfast was a feast awaiting us with every imaginable food available.

Service from the staff was attentive and helpful except for the Saturday evening. After a long day exploring KL's delights we attempted to have dinner in a restaurant that at best was ½ full. The wait staff was about to seat us when a manager arrived to advise sorry booked out - hmmm. We where advised it was due to ramadan and yes they where expecting all these customers to emerge in the next 30 minutes and there was no room for us.

Room service was then ordered and within 30 minutes we had a banquet on the doorstep, i suspect we got quicker service this way than what we would have experienced in the restaurant.

Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views of the Petronas Tower
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear linaimac,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We always look forward to our guests feedback on a daily basis, positive and negative, and rest assured we are constantly taking measures to ensure improvements with regards to maintenance and the quality of our service.
I apologise for your unfortunate experience that you had at the restaurant. We have discussed our shortcomings with the relevant departments responsible and have taken appropriate measures to avoid recurrence.

Please come and visit us again and allow us an opportunity to prove our dedication to our guests.

Surabaya
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed 5 nights in Royale Chulan. This hotel is perfect for its location. A friendly staff is taking care of checking in the guests. Rooms are spacious with all facilities you need. There's a window between the bathroom and the bedroom. The laundry service is quite expensive. Breakfast is according to Royale Chulan a culinary delight. That's true. They offer a buffet with a great choice.
In the bar cocktails are served. I won't recommend the cocktails. It' s a deception. Taste like water. The price was quite high for such a drink but the performance of a live band compensates my deception.

One morning when I was having breakfast I discovered that the table was wet. Sudddenly I felt a drop. When I looked up I discover the reason. It was due to the condens coming from the ceiling. So I moved to another spot.

One hour before checking out they send someone to inspect the room. I don 't think that is normal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further away from the elevator.
2 Thank Serah J
Dear Serah J,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on The Royale Chulan. We welcome all feedback and comments as they are tools to further assist us to improve ourselves hence you can be rest assured, your review/comments are taken very seriously.
I apologise for the less-than-satisfied experience you had with us. Your concerns raised have been discussed with the relevant department heads and steps for improvement in the areas mentioned by you are in place and have been implemented.
Again thank you for your feedback and we would certainly like to welcome you back one day for another chance and to make amends. Please let us know if we can assist you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This review is refer to Dato' Sayoda (General Manager of The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur).,

The Toyale chulan is the 5 star hotel and have a very good interior either the hotel and the room. But the servise is soo poor. My secretary has wrongly booked at the booking.com as she thought it's stated DOUBLE OR TWIN ROOM. But Actually she wrongly booked for twin room which is my sevretary mistake. But As we arrived at 11.30PM, we have to wait for one and half hour as per the front office staff said that reservation is closed and the booking not yet in the system, and we can't arrange the booking as per not in the system (and this is our first time heard that kind of reason as we have been checked so many hotel on midnight using the booking.com). After one and a half hour, and after we settled everything at the front office, we've been given a room that with the pool view and WHICH IS NOT!!! And its a double bed.
My wife called the front office and ask for king size bed room ( and not to mention that it is not a pool view) and they remind that our booking is a twin room which is twin bed, so, my wife apologize about the booking and we check back on the booking.com there is CLUB TWIN OR DOUBLE. So my wife ask the front office staff how much did we have to add to have a King Size Bed Room. The staff pass the phone to the FRONT OFFICE MANAGER NAMED MANAN, As my wife talk to him and nicely ask for king size bed, and he told my wife that for superior type they are full for king size bed. And then my wife told him about the CLUB DOUBLE AND TWIN. He told that they still have CLUB FOR KING SIZE BED but it is different category. My wife ask how do we have to pay for the Club category? He replied "Sorry ma'am (without address a title of my wife Datin) we are not allowed to do the upgrade ma'am..". We didn't ask to upgrade our room for free. We can pay how much for the king size bed. And he insist us to stay at the twin bedded room.

To Dato Soyoda please looked in to it very carefully, if we not Dato' or Datin how they looked at the other guest?

TQ
Dato' Zaidin

Room Tip: the one most expensive...
5 Thank Yana H
PRManager88, General Manager at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Dato' Zaidin,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

I would like to express our utmost apologies for the inconvenience caused towards you and your wife during your stay with us. I do understand the frustration you went through and I am sorry to hear that we were not able to make things right during your stay.

Your comment has been shared with the team and corrective measurements have been instilled.
We would like to obtain more details about your stay so that we can address these issues to prevent future recurrence. Can you please contact me directly at email: gm@theroyalechulan.com.my

Yours sincerely,

Heemstede, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very good hotel in the middle of KL. Good service, near the biggest shopping locations. Swimmingpool is very nice, good towels. The breakfast was the most complete we have ever had.
I liked the fact that the hotel isn't that high as the most hotels in KL are.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 0Nic0
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the Chulan with my wife and daughter in July 14. I have to say we were very impressed with the hotel, service levels and location. Rooms are very big for a city hotel and well appointed. The pool is a quiet a haven in a bustling city. The buffet breakfast is vast and one of the best you will find in any hotel. The location is pretty good being 15 minutes from the Bukit downtown area, 5 minutes from a huge mall and 15 minutes from the Petronas towers. All walking times. The nearest monorail station is 6 or 7 minutes away.

If you are coming into the railway station of bus station its around a 10 minute taxi ride.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Veno777
PRManager88, General Manager at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Veno777,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur Hotel!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We constantly look forward to our guests’ feedback and comments in order to continuously improve our service standards. May I say that my team and I are very grateful to hear of you and your family good experience in our hotel. We hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Close to town, big swimming pool, friendly and attentive staff and a massive breakfast buffet. Had no issues at all. You will probably need to taxi to where you want to go, especially in the heat of the afternoon, but that's fairly easy and cheap.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Clayton F,

Warm greetings from The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your stay and for kind words about our hotel. We are all delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kuala Lumpur!