“Excellent value”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #20 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 26 August 2012

great rooms. excellent facilities. superb service. location close to KLCC without you being caught in the traffic jams. free shuttle service. what more can you ask for? my number 1 choice for KL definitely

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sevenage07
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Sevenage07,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, hotel facilities and services. I trust you both also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

We arrived from UK in the evening and had swift check-in. The hotel is in a nice safe business district of KL and 10mins walk from Petronas Towers. We had two interconnecting rooms which were big and clean. The swimming pool was a let down as shaded all day due to it being surrounded by massive tower blocks. As breakfast wasnt included, we ate at the Dome coffee house at bottom of complex. All in all a great beginning to our holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear belgianbun,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location and our Sweetdream room. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Exceptional. We were so comfortable we barely left the hotel for 3 days! The staff are so welcoming and friendly and the facilities are fantastic - particularly the day spa, pool & bar and restaurants!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Amy1309,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially our Sweetdream room, hotel facilities & services and how the team looked after you both. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Location was very convenient and walking distance to major attractions such as shopping malls, restaurants and the Petronas tower. A friend recommended to stay at this place and we wern't disappointed, with the many restaurants and bars they have to offer we really did not need to leave the hotel for dining options. On arrival we recieved a welcome warm cookie which was abosolutely delish! :)
Concierge was very accommodating and willing to help and suggest whatever we asked, which was great.
Room was nice and clean and we just couldn't get enough of the bathroom!! We loved it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tapasgal
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear tapasgal,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, rain shower, F&B restaurants & bar, and how the Concierge team looked after you. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Everything from check-in to check-out was perfect at this hotel. The hotel is in a new building just on the edge of Downtown KL. It is only a 10 min walk to the Petronas Tower and a quick taxi ride, or subway ride to anywhere.

At check-in they upgraded me to the Executive floor in recognition of my Gold status. When I arrived at my gigantic suite, they had a left out a plate of fruit and a box of gourmet chocolates. I was impressed. The room was well equipped with all the latest and best amenities. Wonderful hilton bed! The bathtub and shower were seperate and the toilet in its own room.

The staff were wonderful and attentive. They put on a lovely breakfast and cocktail hour in the lounge each day. Many of the staff were international which made for some nice conversations.

I can not fault anything about this hotel. Would return there the next time I am in KL without any thought. I am in hotels at least 5 days a month, and would say this is now one of my top choices.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear Robert F,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, rain shower, Executive Lounge facilities, and how the team looked after you. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Booked in for only one night. Having stayed in this hotel previously when it was under a differentname I was interested to see how different it was.

The check in was smoothe & efficient, no drama’s and was heading to my room in less than 5 minutes, biscuit in hand.
Whilst the rooms are the same size as before they do seem bigger, are light & airy. Only one drawback that I found and I find it in most hotels now, the flat screen TV is secured to the wall and is ideal for watching from the bed, but if you are sat at the desk then it is usually not comfortable to work & watch TV as the same time.

Went to the executive room on the 34 floor, great views of the city landscape. The choice & quality of food & beverage was very good. Only one slight niggle here, but no fault of the hotel is that children are welcome in the room, & whilst most were very well behaved two large families turned up & it became more of a crèche than an executive room. Stayed about 10 minutes after that and decided it was time to move. Not sure of the answer as I often travel with my young family and go to the executive room, but never allow my child to act like these children were acting.
The bed was very comfortable and had a great sleep, likewise the room furniture was also comfortable for sitting and working at.
Breakfast offered a huge choice of foods to suit everybody’s taste and was well presented. Quality again was as expected.

The hotel is ideally located to the underground, just a short2 min walk over the road via the pedestrian bridge.

I would definitely consider staying here again, all the staff made the stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear LukChang,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, breakfast quality and Executive Lounge facilities.

I appreciate the note on the children, and we have has some discussions with other guests / parents in the past. The purpose of the Executive Lounge is to provide a comfortable environment, and we will continue to work on this to improve the experience for all executive guests. Some of the issues that you raised with the wall mounted TV design maybe not able to rectify quickly, however obviously these can always be improved. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I was actually very stressed with work then decided to book into the hotel for the weekend. Swimming pool not ideally located because it is surrounded by tall buildings but it did help me to de-stress. Place is a little out of city centre and would need a cab to get everywhere. If you're ok with that, I'm sure Hilton would be right for you too. The best part is the international breakfast that has so many varieties! The pastry was good and there were awesome selections.

Check-in time was quick because I arrived earlier and they had a room. Check-out time was long. No proper signage at the reception so it took awhile to figure out which counter can be used.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear Pui_Saan,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the Sweetdream room, breakfast spread and hotel facilities and services. I have noted your comment on the check-out queues, and certainly we will work with the team to improve the departure experience, as it is important for all guests.