“Well located, easy walking access to centre, shops and transport”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
London, United Kingdom
“Well located, easy walking access to centre, shops and transport”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A good hotel does everything you ask of a Hilton brand - very good location for transport connections, within walking distance of City centre parks and resturants, large food hall options below hotel.

Good executive lounge, gym and great outdoor pool - a very easy and relaxing place to stay.

Car service a bit hit and miss, understand this service is not directly managed by hotel hence difference in service levels - my driver twice got lost, on this and previous stays, much to the frustration on the concierge who did everything he could to inform them of the right address's - but now I've discovered you can easily use the train / subway connections instead. ! The car service Is only issue I would hope the hotel management get around to resolving in the not too distant future, as it is rather warm to walk too much outside, especially between business meetings !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Sevenoaks_Kent_UK,

Thank you for taking times to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay especially the location, Executive Lounge and hotel facilities & service. In particular I understand your frustration on the transportation issue and whilst this is operated by a 3rd party. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and certainly we will work with the transportation management company to improve this, as it is important for all guests.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here in May & October 2013 for 10 nights with my family. The hotel location is just excellent its within what they call the golden triangle, which means your close to everything 10 minutes walk to Ampang park , 15-20 minutes walk to KLCC. Receptionist is lovely staff is very helpful, warm cookies were given during check-in. Bell boy also helpful. My room was excellent, loved the upgrade offer that they send you automatically by email. loved the room design. The restaurant offer many varieties of food and beverage. the executive lounge is just great i go there and relax have a nice juice on the terrace which has the view of KLCC
i don't think ill stay in any other hotel in KL after i got spoiled here

Room Tip: always try to get an upgrade when you can its just a small amount but the value is great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank soomey
Dear soomey,

Thank you for staying with us again.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service - along with our delicious cookie at check-in and you found our location, room design, F&B restaurants as well as Executive Lounge to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you when travels bring you back.

Kind Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here in October 2013 for 6 nights. The hotel located very good. 10 minutes walk to Ampang park using pedestrian bridge, 5 minutes drive using hotel shuttle to KLCC. Receptionist is nice, warm cookies were given during check-in and check-out. Bell boy also helpful. My room is nice. Mattress is soft. I like its bathroom shower that has rain style also the you-can-see bathroom window is quite memorable. I like its fitness center, located adjacent to swimming pool. The restaurant also offer many and lots of food and beverage options. Western and many eastern food (Indonesian, Malaysian, Indian, Chinese) were available. My favorite is its satay and ice cream.

My concern is only one, no bathtub in my room.

Overall, the hotel is more than enough to stay for business and leisure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear ChayAsix,

Thank you for taking times to share the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed staying with us especially the location, rain shower and hotel facilities. I hope you like our delicious cookie at check in/out and glad that you found our buffet served in Makan Kitchen - satay and ice cream counter to your liking.

I look forward to welcome you when travels bring you back.

Kind Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager
San jose, CA
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Excellent executive lounge check in for gold HHonor members, Keith was very helpful in getting us started in KL, even called the tour office for us, we appreciate very much. We enjoyed the breakfast there for all 3 days, room was clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurant had great food, and wild variety of selections for the buffet. We did not have time to use the pool and gym, will definitely check them out in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear L S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am delighted that you both had taste our warm & caring service especially how Keith Tan helped you on the local tour arrangement. Certainly I will pass the message to the team. I happy to hear you found our breakfast spread in Makan Kitchen to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is one of those rare hotels which ticks every box in the excellent category. While DoubleTree in the US is mid-upper range, this one in KL is far more in the luxury end without the price surchage. Well located, close to the metro and walking distance to the Petronas, the hotel has a very pleasant entry and enriching aromas, check in is great, the cookie a plus, beautiful lobby, good pool for exercising, free internet, nice italian poolside restaurant, good gym, great views, comfortable lobby bar with enjoyable live music, a modern spacious room and all round good service. Breakfast is excellent, one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had anywhere in the world, delicious fresh juices, proper coffee and western, malaysian, indian, chinese and japanese food. The hotel staff all round are amazing - perhaps the only blight is the taxis waiting outside the hotel charge double what a metred taxi should charge (though this is not the hotels fault). A great option for a stay in KL for whatever reason.

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 26 - not sure what the lower floors are like but the upper ones are great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear TravellingJ80,

Thank you for taking times to share your experience with us.

I am delighted that you both had taste our warm & caring service - along with our delicious cookie at check in and you found our location, hotel facilities and breakfast served in Makan Kitchen to your liking. I also noted your comment on the Executive Taxi charges and certainly we will review the rate with our team for better service. We would recommend our guests for hotel taxi for safety and proper tracking on the driver. Nevertheless, I am happy to read all your notes and I look forward to welcoming you when travels bring you back.

Wavre, Belgium
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very well located, High comfort Hotel within 10 minutes walking from Petronas towers.
Breakfast is very nice but the top is the buffet at the11 floor for diner ....Just Amazing all you can desires ....!!!!!!
Rooms are nice and the bed are comfortable !
Nice pool and a very nice italian restaurant next to the pool. The gym club is great and open 24/7...
Attached at lower floor there is few shops and a very nice food market. This hotel is a place to stay !!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear soserge,

Thank you for taking times to share the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed staying with us especially the location, The Intermark mall, room as well as our signature restaurant - Makan Kitchen. Nevertheless, I am happy to read your notes and I look forward to welcoming you when travels bring you back here.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Hotel is well located and has good facilities. Check in/out process is very slow but staff are all excellent. Excellent supermarket and food court in the levels beneath the hotel. There are also several very good restaurants and coffee shops in the complex.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear David B,

Thank you for staying with us and taking times to share the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the stay with us and you found the location, The Intermark mall and hotel facilities and service to your liking. I have noted your comment on the speed/efficiency of check in/out and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the Front Office Manager so they may be addressed internally.

We look forward to welcoming you back.