“Excellent hotel service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent hotel service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights during a business trip. The receptionist was nice and the welcome cookies were tasty. Since I was staying at the upper floor, I get a nice view of KL city center and I love it. Overall, I like their service, hotel room and food. Probably one of the best hotel I ever stayed in this city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Javier L
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear javierlow,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our property to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Really enjoyed my stay. Lovely hotel, great staff and good location. Slightly disappointed the bar was so expensive. I bottle of water for example one evening was the equivalent of £7. In a hot country this is very excessive

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Scott222B,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

was in love by their welcome cookies. its just tasted home. this hotel is located near the city attraction, the KLCC. u can reach there by 10-15 mins walk or by taxi,,which cost you 12 ringgit,,which i prefer walk,,nice view along the way,,and lots of restaurant. in front of this hotel u can find cheap place to shop, but i forgot its name. its just across the bridge.
the room is clean,tidy n nice bathroom. the staff is friendly n helpful. the b'fast quite lots of selection. n tasted good too.
love to stay there again sometimes in the future.

Room Tip: select the room in a higher level to get more view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Sarie D,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton.

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location, facilities and Ampang Park shopping complex (across the pedestrian) to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Executive lounge excellent and staff very friendly. Rooms clean and whilst not large more than enough space for the average traveller. Gym good but pool too cold, nothing they can do about this though as they are surrounded by buildings.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wtcmor
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear wtcmor,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our Executive Lounge and gym facilities to your liking. I appreciate your understanding for the pool water temperature, and certainly we will work with the team for improvement although it may be not able to rectified quickly, however obviously these can always be improved.

Bsb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was staying in this hotel for a Training Seminar and this hotel is classy and nice.
It is a fair walking distance to the nearby shopping areas but it is worth the walk to see the local scenery. The staff is friendly and the Chocolate Cookies was really good. I do have a problem with my internet wifi access which was frustrating because I need it to talk to my wife and kids. But this frustration is dampen by the breakfast and lunch feast they provide everyday. The food are in multiple variation and really really scrumptious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear coldmist11,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location and Makan Kitchen buffet to your liking. In particular I noted your comments regarding the Internet connection quality and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I do understand the importance of Internet connection quality for all hotel guests and please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally for better service.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our Solemnisation was on 1st of May 2014. The ceremony was held at Wilayah Mosque. We decided to take the executive suites for 5 days, as the reception will be held that weekend as well.
The room we took was really spacious and the service was great.
To add to that it was my 31st birthday and Hilton was kind enough to give me a cake.
With the risk of sounding cheesy, i have to say it was one of the memorable moments of our life.
Thanks Hilton for providing great service.

Room Tip: try the different types of pillow on offer ..great little touch
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Shah B,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our suite and pillow menu to your liking. I am happy to know how the team made your stay a memorable one with the little touch on your birthday celebration. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests.

I will certainly pass on your message to the team, and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Faridabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We hv visited kualalumpur from 18th of June to 20 th of June.
We were booked in Hotel Double Tree Hilton by our travel agent.
We reached the hotel from the airport at 11 AM. We were told that the rooms were not ready as checkin time was 3 P.M.
We requested the guy sitting at the reception for an early chek in. He accepted the request and confirmed us after consulting the house keeping that in 1 hr we will get the rooms.
1 hr passes.2 hrs passed but the guy almost forgotten us.Finally he said it will take 30 min more.
Some how afyer 45 min we were handed over the keys.
During this entire period I obseved that whoever was coming for the checkin on of the representative from the reception was accompanying the guest to the rooms.
When our turn came they simply handed over the key and shown the way to the lift. A kind of treatment based on nationality or may be the colour of the skin.
The breakfast has Indian section but none of the dishes served resembling to the Indian taste. So be prepared to have continental breakfast only.
The rooms are comfortable.
Few rooms have a direct view of Patronas towers.
Please be careful while selecting the hotel. Expensive does not mean always good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dkgupta49
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear dkgupta48,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

First please let me offer my apologies that your arrival experience was disappointing. I have noted your comment that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. This is not typical of our hotel culture and staff, and we do appreciate all feedback as we are very focused on improving our service, and we wish to improve the experience for all guests.

I understand your disappointment with the hotel, once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and look forward to your continuous support.